Drastic Changes in Hubpages Earnings

1. edelhaus profile image85
    edelhausposted 4 years ago

Hi All, I'm submitting this to the forum hoping  someone will have an explanation to my quandary... Back around March I got my first payout from Hubpages which was a pleasant surprise; especially since I had been really busy with school and life and had basically ignored my hubs and the site for about a year.  Naturally, the payout peeked my curiosity and I began to check my earnings on a regular basis, preening my old hubs and writing new ones with the expectation that I had finally reached some sort of status quo that would at the very least continue.  Of course, I hoped it would also continue to increase incrementally.  Every day was like Christmas as I saw my earnings go from around .70 per day to (sometimes) almost $2.00.  I thought, finally - I'm starting to see some sort of payout for all the hours I put in writing good hubs.  This went on for about two months, then my earnings dropped drastically and have stayed low at literally pennies a day.  So, I wondering...

What caused the sudden jump in earnings and what caused the sudden slump in earnings when basically nothing has changed?

Has anyone else experienced these kinds of changes?

I mean, why would my hubs suddenly started showing some financial success when I'm doing nothing to care for them and as soon as I start showing an interest again, they just as suddenly stop earning any kind of encouraging amount.  This is really kind of frustrating and confusing.

I look forward to your replies.

1. Will Apse profile image91
      Will Apseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Have you seen a sudden big drop in views?

A lot of your pages seem to be missing from Google search. (try searching for page titles or snippets from the page).

Could be Panda. There is a lot on Panda in these forums.

Depressing for all concerned...