Hub Prioritization

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)
  1. Bedbugabscond profile image93
    Bedbugabscondposted 11 years ago

I am finding myself entirely busy. Even though I am not in school for the summer, neither are the kids! I have realized I need some type of priority system when it comes to by hubs, but I am not sure in what order to do things.

Should I concentrate on making new hubs, and save tweaking for later? Should I tweak hubs that are not doing well and then write new hubs?

How about age of hub? Should I leave hubs alone until they are a certain age? Should I bother tweaking hubs that are under a month old and concentrate on making new hubs, then go back when the hubs reach a certain age and teak them?

Should I write a new hub 4 days a week and tweak 1 day a week?

Any suggestions on how to prioritize my hub "to-do" list would be appreciated. Thanks!

1. peoplepower73 profile image90
      peoplepower73posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Here is how I prioritize any list of things to do.  First decide which items fit into your long term goals and which items are short term goals.  Once you have those two categories, then base the priorities on some type of importance.  If money is a priority, then label all those as a 1.  Then identify your second and third priorities.  Now look at all of your goals and determine which ones can be done the quickest and then play them against your short term and long term goals.  I hope this helps.  I could write a hub about this.

Bedbugabscondposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That would be cool. Let me know if you do!

2. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 11 years ago

When I was starting out, I looked at my best Hubs and spent a lot of time figuring out why they were the best.  That really took precedent over making new Hubs or tweaking established ones.

I didn't make up a hard and fast formula as you seem to be trying to do here.  Some Hubs got tweaked a lot, some were written and left to see what happened for weeks or months.  Admin has said that it takes Hubs three years to reach their peak of "maturity" which they defined as audience reach and traffic, so you might want to starting cultivating a long-term mindset where you think in months and years and not days.

And this may surprise you but there were (and still are) whole days when I didn't work on Hubs at all and didn't worry about the site or look at earnings.  I recommend people start making that a regular habit early on as it makes for a much more sane HubPages experience.

Relache, I love the way you write! You made me smile. I can see the potential on Hubpages, and I can see how a lot of consistent work could pay off. It has taken me a couple of months to figure out how to integrate Hubpages in to my life on a regular basis.

I can't work on it every day, but I think I can fit it in 5 days a week, at least for awhile. I can see how obsessive I could become checking my metrics and tweaking my hubs. Yet, I still have a lot I can write about.

I brainstormed a list, and occasionally I think up something new. I do tend to get a little obsessed with coming up with "hard and fast formulas".  Not so much as a get rich quick scheme, but just as a way to be efficient. I am pretty sure I would enjoy becoming a robot, lol. I do everything like that and I am sure I can be annoying at times.

Thanks for your input, it is very valuable!

3. tirelesstraveler profile image59
    tirelesstravelerposted 11 years ago

In November I was desperately trying to make my 100 hub goal.  It was driving me crazy. Company for Thanksgiving. Getting ready for Christmas, a new grand baby due not to mention birthdays.  I finally decided to give it a rest.  I read hubs and reworked my own.  I even unpublished some hubs until I could figure out how to improve them. I don't even think I made the 50 hub mark, but I was less stressed.  I think I took about 5 weeks off. It is hard because HP is addictive.
    Spend the summer with the kids, get ideas and write them down for hubs to write during sleepless nights:)

I would love to get 100 hubs. I am just about to hit m 20 hub goal, so I am happy with that for now. I have slowed down to work on what I have already written. I might slow down to 1 hub a week and spend the rest of the time in the community, and improving on my first 20 hubs.

4. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

Do whatever you feel like doing on any given day. It will usually be the right decision. Trust yourself.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
      Millionaire Tipsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That is awesome advice - I find that if I do what I feel like doing, I can get so much accomplished, since I am not wasting time debating with myself about what I really *should* be doing. And in the end all the important things do get done.

5. Dame Scribe profile image58
    Dame Scribeposted 11 years ago

Time management really is important smile sort out best times for 'work' vs 'responsibilities'. Set your schedule for writing, promoting, socializing (networking), but not all in one day. Stagger the activities to whichever is stress -free for you.

That would be social media marketing. I have a google plus page and a face book page, but havent really done anything with them. So I try to read a little about it every day.

6. Bobski606 profile image82
    Bobski606posted 11 years ago

During my busy times I set aside one day a week to tweak old posts and another day later on during the week to write new posts. When time is a luxury (seems to be rarely now a days) I spend more time writing and reading other's posts but still stick to the one day a week rule of working on my own posts.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)