Hello, Grace. Hate's a strong word lol. But there are definitely some things that irked me about being a middle child. Here's a few:
1. Being a younger brother meant being physically weaker for awhile. As a kid, size definitely mattered when fights happened.
2. Being a middle child (in a family of five siblings) meant my parents had to ration their time; I didn't get to talk to them as much as I would have liked.
3. Parents tend to grow more lenient the older they get, and the more children they have. I had timeouts, spankings, restricted technology, etc. as punishments; my younger siblings only seemed to receive verbal warnings.
4. Finances. My elder sibling attends a fancy overseas college; I'm at a local and cheap school. But I'm happy for my brother; we just need to be sure we don't run our parents into bankruptcy.
5. Sharing. Whether it's getting hand-me-downs from elder siblings, or being asked to give toys to younger, sharing just stinks when you're little.