jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

TN Tea Party Groups Demand School Textbooks Overlook Slavery

1. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

TN Tea Party Groups Demand School Textbooks Overlook Slavery
    Revisionist tea
    Charles Johnson
    Wingnuts  Sat Jul 7,2012

Remember the Tea Party  that reactionary right wing movement that helped lead the Republican Party into the fever swamp of madness?

Well, in places like Tennessee they found especially fertile ground, and that states Teabaggers are demanding that school textbooks leave out Americas history of slavery.
    http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article … lavery#rss
    Are people getting more insensitive or just stupider?

1. Paul Wingert profile image79
      Paul Wingertposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Those people are some stupid mother f***ers! They look to Palin as an insiration! That is more than enough evidence to conclude that those people have the intelligence of a small light bulb. Here's an idea, how about all the teabaggers settle in one area of the country and seceed from the Union! Trust me, there' won't be a fight over them leaving.

2. rebekahELLE profile image89
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

After reading the quote from their attorney spokesman, I would say both in response to your question. Rewriting history to fit an agenda is both insensitive and stupid. Slavery is an important part of American history and what happens to understanding the Civil War if slavery is not taught and discussed??

1. brimancandy profile image80
      brimancandyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There are still people who believe that the south won the war, and slavery had nothing to do with it. But, the part about slavery is partially true, as the main reason for the war was the keep the south from forming its own nation. Good thing that never happened.

I wouldn't be happy if I had to get a passport to go to Florida! lol!! I wonder what the immigration policy would have been with that!

3. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Don't these people have anything else better to do? I mean seriously...this is a prime example of what I call stupidity in motion which I only apply to politicians, because almost always are their actions an example of stupidity. hmm

4. brimancandy profile image80
    brimancandyposted 5 years ago

With that kind of logic. How can they expect anyone to take them seriously? This is almost as retarded as the republican from Wisconsin who wants to pass a law that links single parenthood to Child abuse and imprison single parents. Where does that leave the child a-hole?! This from the same person who wants to outlaw abortion.

Makes me wonder where these nutjobs are getting their training from. makes me wonder if they are all part of a cult. All the stuff that comes out of their mouths sounds like wondering crap, that makes absolutely no sense.

1. Druid Dude profile image61
      Druid Dudeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Amazing how the ones who claim God's favor are so willing to pave our way to hell.

2. profile image0
      rickyliceaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

"This is almost as retarded as the republican from Wisconsin who wants to pass a law that links single parenthood to Child abuse and imprison single parents. "
      That's crazy, then they will have no parents at all. yikes

working