Guess the IQ

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (19 posts)
  1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/11947130.jpg
    This is a game.  What would you suppose is the average IQ according to college major:
    Mathematical Science
    Engineering
    Physics
    Pre-Med
    History
    Performing Arts/Theater
    Arts
    Humanities
    Any subject that ends in .....studies e.g. Women's Studies, Black Studies, etc.
    Politics
    Chemistry
    Philosophy

1. Castlepaloma profile image77
      Castlepalomaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Oddly enough politic would have the highest IQ

Maybe followed by mathematics, philosophy,engineering, physic all guesses for highest IQs.

2. AshtonFirefly profile image69
      AshtonFireflyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Performing Arts/Theatre people have the highest IQ's obviously! big_smile

I would like to agree, at least for EQ.

3. mrpopo profile image72
      mrpopoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Interesting question. After seeing an IQ special where the physicist dominated 90% of the tests and only lost on the subjective or physical tests, I'm going to go with physics as the top IQ major. Other top tiers include math and any type of engineering, followed by things like chemistry and computer science.

Strong picks include religious studies, philosophy, political science, biological sciences and history.

The weakest majors would be psychology, social studies and arts.

After looking at these IQ estimates (http://www.statisticbrain.com/iq-estima … ege-major/) there are a couple of things to note:

- I undervalued philosophy; it's actually a top tier pick. There can be quite a bit of logic and analytical thinking involved in philosophy, but my experiences with it in university showed a lot of padding and rationalizations. Now that I think about it, the ability to successfully defend irrational or nonsensical premises requires a high degree of intelligence.
      - Economics is another top tier pick which I completely forgot about. I don't have much experience in the field but given its complexities it makes sense that it demands highly intelligent individuals.
      - Health and Medical sciences are weakly correlated with IQ.

Other than that, not a lot of surprises.

In a nationwide IQ contest in Canada, they broke it down to 6 groups. Guess who won?.

1. Politician

Follow by
        2. Nerds
        3. Atheist
        4. Philosophy
        5. Christian
        6. Twins

1. mrpopo profile image72
          mrpopoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

What IQ contest was this? The way the groups are broken down doesn't make much sense. The only mutually exclusive groups are atheists and Christians, the rest can happen simultaneously (you can have an atheist, nerdy, philosopher politician who is also a twin).

It was the Canadian George Stroumbo show , it was given across Canada and on a show for 2 hours.

I did good upper middle IQ

2. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

I'm so high a # I lit up the machine operator , he's still in the burn  I.C. unit !

My IQ would be at the atheist, except don't claim atheism.

Horse, if yours were true, you would be at the highest IQ level of Bill Clinton.

Hitler had a very high IQ too.

High IQ can be great liars and more likely to be unhappy .

3. profile image0

Castle , I don't mind the Hitler comparison , but Bill Clinton , please ....lol

Bill Clinton had the highest IQ of all American presidents including Hitler.  Clinton had a serious sexual addiction and in the top ten worst sins in America are sexually related issues.

Clinton was not a murderer like Bush, Obama and Hitler. That goes to show if higher Aliens visited earth they would not try to murder people, like in Hollywood films of Mars Attacks.

1. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Might want to look up the history of the Arkansas Clinton mafia dynasty . The proof says otherwise ! from murder, to legalized rape , to political and legalized extortion to   presidential  serfdom !

Clinton had the largest economy growth than any President in American history and these least military body count deaths.

What ever body count that Clinton has been accused of interior affairs has not been accounted for.

Where with Bush-es and Obama millions of body count have been accounted for against international law. GW Bush has the lowest IQ of all Presidents.

1. profile image0

Clinton economic "success "   was the direct result in success of the  Reaganomics , hence for one the well  known name  , 'Reaganomics'  , No president changes anything instantly upon the taking of office , with the probable exception of one Pres. Obama , destroying every concept of success in  mass entitlement spending policy ever known in American history  . But , If you understand economics  ; you know this and yet  deny it .

The worst thing ever is the National debt during Obama terms.

That was setup by bankers and corporatism, why they want to run people lives, I don't know, maybe  evil greed insanity.

1. profile image0

In America , It IS the result of government De-regulation in the Reagan years , in my opinion ,his only flaw !

4. profile image0

My hero in life and the most intelligent man I've ever known was  a man who never finished the eighth grade .     He never earned more  than fifteen or twenty thousand dollars a year , but  could have changed the entire direction of this country , totally .

Well that can show, people with high IQ like Politician can be so over rated. Then you have people who have a great heart and courage that are so under rated.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)