jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (23 posts)

What is your OCD?

1. Luciendasky profile image77
    Luciendaskyposted 7 years ago

When I finish eating, I HAVE to put my plate away. I hate having an empty plate just sitting there in front of me.

2. 0
    mtsi1098posted 7 years ago

I will fold a slice of cheese into 4 squares before eating it...

3. kephrira profile image61
    kephriraposted 7 years ago

I always check I have my keys in my pocket 3 or 4 times whenever I go out, even though I know their their from the first time.

1. manlypoetryman profile image71
      manlypoetrymanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Me also!

4. 0
    dennisemattposted 7 years ago

phrases and lyrics get stuck in my head so badly they wake me up.

5. Lady_E profile image83
    Lady_Eposted 7 years ago

Terrible for washing hands and constantly use a hand sanitiser when I'm out. I need Therapy.

1. 0
      dennisemattposted 7 years ago in reply to this

or maybe a nice lotion? thats what I use. Vasaline Intensive Hand Care. Works good!!

2. rebekahELLE profile image90
      rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago in reply to this

washing hands and not touching doorknobs ever~ I've used various body parts to get in and out of public places~  hmm

6. Luciendasky profile image77
    Luciendaskyposted 7 years ago

Aren't OCDs interesting? Another one I have is cleaning my nails over and over - if there is even a speck of dirt underneath them I scrub away.

7. Pearldiver profile image85
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

Can I get help for being NICE?
    I Hate what it does to a good argument... smile

1. 0

lol me. I hate arguements, even about fish....

2. Luciendasky profile image77
      Luciendaskyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ahhhh, don't change being nice... there are not enough nice people out there anymore... I do know what you mean though, usually the nice people are steamrollered in debates.

8. maven101 profile image74
    maven101posted 7 years ago

I drive my lovely wife nutso when I shave in the morning...I have to arrange everything just so; bladed razor to the left, electric razor centered, hair brush to the right, glasses cloth folded and above the electric razor, pre-shave top left and aftershave top right, and my wedding ring centered on the glasses cloth...the hair brush is a joke...I'm nearly bald, but old habits die hard..

1. 0

shut the bathroom door!!  smile

9. NYMiskovic profile image83
    NYMiskovicposted 7 years ago

I twirl my hair when I'm bored or anxious.  Wish I could stop.  It bugs me as much as it does my husband.

10. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

When I'm traveling and check into my hotel, I can't do ANYTHING until I have completely unpacked, put away all of my clothes, got the bathroom all settled and Lysoled and Fabrezed the place.

Even worse, before I set out on my trip, I find it impossible to pack unless every single bit of laundry is cleaned, folded and put away.

Drives me nuts!

11. Davinagirl3 profile image61
    Davinagirl3posted 7 years ago

I am a compulsive hand washer.  I, also, have to wash my baby's bottles by hand.  If anyone else washes them, I will re-wash them.

12. julie20201 profile image80
    julie20201posted 7 years ago

I have to straighten up my bookshelves... make certain the books are all blocked neatly.

13. dohn121 profile image87
    dohn121posted 7 years ago

I always smirk at myself after looking at myself in the mirror roll big_smile

1. Luciendasky profile image77
      Luciendaskyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

14. Sasha S profile image80
    Sasha Sposted 7 years ago

heh, my pillows haveto be exactly in the middle of my bed before I go to sleep (then have to face left for 5 mins before turning over, facing right and going to sleep)! Oh, and no matter how thoroughly I check it, I will always doubt whether my car is locked!

(These are just a few of em; there's a fair amount more on my obsessions and compulsions at the bottom of my hub on ocd: http://hubpages.com/hub/ocd-an-anxiety-disorder)

15. GeneralHowitzer profile image64
    GeneralHowitzerposted 7 years ago

My OCD is making hubs

16. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

Fortunately I'm neither obsessive nor compulsive. I just suffer from disorder smile