jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Teen Problems

1. badis profile image59
    badisposted 4 years ago

Problems that teenagers are faced with today can take so many forms. Even in stable, solid family units, teenagers will face confusion and uncertainty with themselves and life. But in todays world of divorce, broken homes, unsafe sex and alcohol abuse, teenagers face issues that show themselves in different ways to different individuals.
    for exemple :
         Teens who drink put themselves at risk for many problems - problems with the law, at school, and with their parents just to name a few. Deciding whether to drink is a personal decision that we each eventually have to make. Hopefully the following provides the facts about alcohol and teens, including how alcohol affects your body, so you can make an educated choice.

1. Mighty Mom profile image91
      Mighty Momposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Was there intended to be a link to more information on teens and drinking?

It's a tough population because teens believe themselves to be invincible. And rebelling against parents, society -- everything -- is part of growing up.
      Stronger than any family unit is positive activities that provide the teen with a sense of self-worth and accomplishment and reduce the amount of "boredom and disenfranchisment" that can too easily be filled with chemical escape.

1. Shanna11 profile image91
        Shanna11posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I forgot to have a rebellious phase as a teenager at home. Now that I'm almost an adult and living away at school, it's too late to have a rebellious phase and infuriate my parents. I feel jipped.

1. Mighty Mom profile image91
          Mighty Momposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh no, Shanna.
          It's never too late!
          I called mine my "bohemian phase" and it lasted from 23-29.