RolyRetro profile image 91

What is your favourite foreign language film, assuming that English is your first language?

I have been collecting and watching foreign language films for a number of years and feel this is something that many people are missing out on. What films have you seen that you want to share with the world? Do you watch with subtitles (my preference) or with English dubbing? What is your favourite?

visionandfocus profile image82

visionandfocus says

heatblast92 profile image83

heatblast92 says

JamesCage profile image85

JamesCage says

• JamesCage profile image

JamesCage 4 years ago

I recently viewed a superior foreign film. The movie is Spanish with English subtitles. Cell 211 (Celda 211), was released in 2009. The movie is about a riot and rebellion in a Spanish prison. Cell 211 was so good I wrote a review .

Annabelle Tyler says

• Valerie Howard profile image

Valerie Howard 4 years ago

And so is "Tie me up, tie me down," "I don't want to talk about it" All about my mother" and "Danzon "are all Almodovar films.

Valerie Howard profile image76

Valerie Howard says

• RolyRetro profile image

RolyRetro 4 years ago

The Cook, The Thief... was a great film, it came out around the same time as Delicatessen, another of my favourites. Some wonderful films here, well worth investing some time hunting them down.