jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Characters From I LOVE LUCY

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

The tv series I LOVE LUCY was a perennial television classic.   It is as funny now as it was in the 1950s.    There were the characters Lucy and Ricky Ricardo and their best friends Ethel and Fred Metz and also Little Ricky.   There were also assorted characters such as Carolyn Appleby.   What were your most favorite moments from I LOVE LUCY and name your favorite character from the series.

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ricky was my fave! I loved all the episodes where he sang. I always thought he was pretty sexy.

2. mythbuster profile image85
    mythbusterposted 4 years ago

I really like the "Superman" guest star episode where George Reeves/Superman is on the show and Lucy is outside on the window ledge in a home-made superwoman outfit. She gets stuck outside and Superman has to save her.

Reeves/Superman: Ricardo - you mean to tell me you've been married to her for 15 years?
    Ricky: Yeah, 15 years!
    Reeves: And they call me Superman!

Fun times smile

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, fun times.    Habee and Mythbuster, thank you all so much for participating.   I just love those old tv shows.

1. mythbuster profile image85
        mythbusterposted 4 years ago in reply to this

gmwilliams, I have resorted to mostly watching older tv shows lately (even discovering ones I was too young to be interested in when my parents used to like them) via the internet. I mainly only watch news live (and often, THAT online, too). I don't enjoy many of the current/newest television content and find much of it to be mindless blathering, repeat themes of older shows anyway (colored up for this year, this time).

I also listen to old radio shows almost every night. This, in part, reminds me of some elderly family members who are now gone - and the times we spent in front of the radio just laughing, trying to guess the villian, hero, from the old radio plays.

Habee likes Ricky... I can't decide. I really like Vivian Vance's character (Ethel Mertz) on I Love Lucy, too, but Ricky was always extremely funny on the show! Sadly, my fave isn't Lucy, even though it's HER SHOW lol

So much pressure was on Lucy, her lines, gags, etc., that some of the other characters were allowed to "develop" a little bit but Lucy - as the main - is a very rigidly set character (just my opinion). Yep, I do love Lucy... but Ricky and Ethel really did some comprehensive gags and set ups, don't you think?

3. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

Most of the current shows today are mere fluff and are so transparently childish in comparison to the old shows.    There are some current good shows such as MADMEN and BOARDWALK EMPIRE but that is about it!