jump to last post 1-25 of 25 discussions (35 posts)

Has a song or piece of music ever brought u to tears?

1. Lovepocket profile image60
    Lovepocketposted 7 years ago

Don't be ashamed....every now and then that one song comes along and really lubes up those ocular cavities. Which ones do it for you?

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Love that avatar big_smile

2. garynina05 profile image60
      garynina05posted 7 years ago in reply to this

The song that really gets next to me is a song by Building 429 called, "You Carried Me". It really gets to the heart of the matter and don't forget to try and catch the video of it. You will be touched as well.

3. profile image0
      LEWJposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes, indeed.   For me, one of those songs is Donny Hathaway's  "SOMEDAY WE'LL ALL BE  FREE"

2. misshelpurself profile image60
    misshelpurselfposted 7 years ago

There are so many good songs that move me.   The first one that comes to mind, "open Arms" By Journey.  Another one and this is going to sound really corny, but is true "Tommorrow" from Annie.

3. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 7 years ago

my own, because I was singing it lol

4. Lovepocket profile image60

good songs, as much as it kills me to admit it, "fast car" by Tracy Chapman gets me every time

5. sooner than later profile image59
    sooner than laterposted 7 years ago

I watched a movie about the slave trade becoming abolished and I did not know that the song "Amazing Grace" was tied to the movement. It was so uplifting at the point when they sang it that I got a little misty eyed.

1. Flightkeeper profile image80
      Flightkeeperposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I saw that movie!  That was a good movie.  The author of Amazing Grace used to be a slave runner.  When he realized how awful slavery was he spent his life toiling at a church.  Very inspiring.

1. sooner than later profile image59
        sooner than laterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

yeah, what was the name of that movie. I thought that it was pretty inspirational.

1. Flightkeeper profile image80
          Flightkeeperposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think the movie was also called Amazing Grace.  It was really about Wilberforce who tried to persuade the British Parliament to outlaw slavery.

6. Flightkeeper profile image80
    Flightkeeperposted 7 years ago

The Flame by Cheap Trick

7. Lovepocket profile image60

I'm pretty sure that movie was called "Amazing Grace".             thanks for the great replys

8. sooner than later profile image59
    sooner than laterposted 7 years ago

haha, how fitting.

9. Lovepocket profile image60

There's a guy on youtube named David Sides who does piano covers of modern songs. Check him out, and have your tissues at the ready.

10. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago

Yes. My world keeps getting smaller everyday!, I cry when i hear that after I broke up with my ex bf

11. ladyonthemirror profile image72
    ladyonthemirrorposted 7 years ago

Heaven Knows by Rick Price, and Right here waiting by Richard Marx, they song both song by their heart, and the lyrics are so deep and touchy, the musics...wow! can kill you softly...T-T

12. profile image0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

Oh  yes. Taps at a soldiers funeral and Amazing Grace played  with a piping band at funerals as well.

13. caravalhophoto profile image61
    caravalhophotoposted 7 years ago

Kiss The Rain by (okay just went blank)

I heard this song for the 1st time as soon as I got off the phone with the news my dad died.  A song of comfort to me and I cry everytime I hear it.

14. theageofcake profile image75
    theageofcakeposted 7 years ago

The original musical score for Land Before Time.  I saw it originally as a 3 year old.  I saw it again in my 20's and it was too much - I bawled.

1. Lisa HW profile image82
      Lisa HWposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Oh - that movie!  I made the mistake of watching it with my three kids (then about 12, 7 and 4); and it had all four of us going!  I ended up hiding the movie to prevent further traumatization.  lol

The song that I didn't want playing in any stores or coffee shops for years (because I couldn't hear it without crying) is, "I'm everything I am because you loved me."  It wasn't written with the mother/child relationship in mind; but, particularly since I have one son who's adopted, that song got me every time for ages.  These days I can hear it without more than wistfulness - then again, the world is full of songs that get me going.  lol

15. alexandriaruthk profile image52
    alexandriaruthkposted 7 years ago

brokenhearted me

16. helot profile image75
    helotposted 7 years ago

Only everything by Coldplay because it is so horrible.  Not sure if tears from my eyes is the same as blood from my ears, but yeah, my ears.  They cried blood.

1. shazwellyn profile image84
      shazwellynposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes... that is soooo funny!  xxxx  Great comment!

17. shazwellyn profile image84
    shazwellynposted 7 years ago

Pete Doherty's English Rose at Glastonbury Festival of this year.  x

18. Richieb799 profile image62
    Richieb799posted 7 years ago

one song I know that makes me feel really sad, in an emotional way not in a depressed way.. is by Smashing Pumpkins and its called 'Landslide'. I dont know how many of you know this but its very touching

19. rebekahELLE profile image90
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

a lot of music makes me cry or get teary eyed...

every single time I hear a certain section of the song Chavaliers de Sangreal from DaVinci Code (Hans Zimmer composer) I lose it.

it's very moving.

20. nikki1 profile image62
    nikki1posted 7 years ago

silent night and o holy night..
    wow, love'm.

21. Himitsu Shugisha profile image77
    Himitsu Shugishaposted 7 years ago

I probably shouldn't write this in public, but "Memories" from the musical CATS.

22. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 7 years ago

Metallica's "ORION" and "ONE"
    and ALSO
    "VERA" off of Pink Floyd's THE WALL Album

something about those 3 songs, they all have important meaning in the soundtrack of my life...

also "HURT" by N.I.N. and the remake by Johnny Cash
    and I almost forgot "DISARM" by the Smashing Pumpkins

23. Lady Guinevere profile image59
    Lady Guinevereposted 7 years ago

Amazing Grace

1. nikki1 profile image62
      nikki1posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Love that song big_smile

1. Lady Guinevere profile image59
        Lady Guinevereposted 7 years ago in reply to this

O Holy Night and How Great Thou Art do the same.

24. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 7 years ago

Love is in need of Love and " As " both by Stevie Wonder

25. Madison22 profile image61
    Madison22posted 7 years ago

Do you hear what I hear - Christmas song. It usually brings me to tears every year, Let's see about this year.

working