jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

1. airsoft gun profile image85
    airsoft gunposted 4 years ago

what are things that keep people worrying?

1. Randy Godwin profile image95
      Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Worrisome things?  smile

2. Shanna11 profile image90
    Shanna11posted 4 years ago

School, paying for school, getting good grades in school, dying alone, never being loved, falling into a hot pot at Yellowstone and boiling to death, getting in a car accident, losing something important, accidentally cooking my organs after being in a hot tub too long, getting shot, getting Ebola...

Lots of things worry me. I could write a whole Hub on things I worry about. Although I worry about different things at different times for varying lengths of time.

3. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

Relationships. Both romantic and platonic.

4. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

Worrying about having more than enough investments to tide one over in difficult times.   The average person is only a few paychecks away from homelessness- that is quite a scary thought, especially with housing expenses being astronomically expensive.   Housing in certain parts of the United States is becoming so prohibitedly expensive that only the wealthy could afford to purchase such housing.    Many people are being foreclosed and put out in the streets.   Yes, this is a lot to worry about.

Secondly, people are not able to retire because they have not put much forethought into their retirement savings and investments.   They have to work longer than they have anticipated in order to live decently.   In the future, there will probably be no social security because of the increasing numbers of aging Baby Boomers.   Pensions are just not enough to live on, there must be other investments to afford a decent living.  Those Baby Boomers who have no retirements investments and IRAs will be living either in penury or near penury.