peeples profile image 90

Breaking the TV addiction I caused in my child?

Last year we had to stay in a hotel for a couple months. Because of the lack of things to do, Tv became the thing to do for my toddler. Here I am 8 months later and if I turn the TV off she throws a 2 or 3 hour tantrum (I'm on hour and a half now as I type this) She wants it on even if we are outside or inside coloring or playing with her toys. I've tried redirecting and bluntly telling her the tantrum isn't going to work (which she takes as a challenge). She's 3. How do I stop these tantrums over the TV?

jjackson786 profile image91

Jennifer (jjackson786) says

0

Natasha Stevens says

• peeples profile image

Peeples 2 years ago

I'm sure there is a sense of lacking stability since we just moved here a couple months ago and it was a lot of stress for the months prior. She never had these issues before. Pedi actually said she was spoiled which I disagree with to a point.

0

• peeples profile image

Peeples 2 years ago

She listens and stops what she is doing when she hears something she likes. If I turn volume down she just looks up at it constantly. Music is a good idea. I will try that.