jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

What's the real cause for Mother-in-law and Daughter-in-law problem?

1. LasanthaW profile image78
    LasanthaWposted 4 years ago

Mother-in-law and Daughter-in-law problem is common in every country whether developed, developing or under-developed. It is common in every society. This problem may be there in the world's richest peoples' homes as well as world's poorest peoples' homes. Highest educated women and women occupying highest leadership positions as well as totally uneducated women may be involved in this problem. This problem has been there for thousands of years. It will be there in the future society too. For how long ..........? We don't know.

http://media.indiatimes.in/media/content/2011/Dec/mother-in-law_1322731018_640x640.jpg

As Hubbers, you may have your own personal experiences about this social issue. You may be a mother-in-law or a daughter-in-law involved in this issue. Otherwise, your mother, your sister or your daughter may be involved in the  quarrel. You may be a man who suffers a lot because of the fight between your mother and your wife.

Tell us about your own experience. Let us know the cause, as you feel, for this social issue.

2. pooja0908 profile image63
    pooja0908posted 4 years ago

I think, if they treat each other mother and daughter then all problem will be solved. This word "in-law" is the problem.

Both have to take initiative to remove this in-law and be as a daughter and mother only.

All problem will be solved

3. Tealparadise profile image89
    Tealparadiseposted 4 years ago

I think there is often a problem because the mother wishes to continue on as she has since having a child - as the mother, authority figure, etc. 

Especially in modern times, and in individualistic nations with nuclear families, the daughter in law doesn't feel that she is subordinate to the mother.  Neither does she feel that the mother ought to control any aspect of the marriage or subsequent children.  This is likely a difficult change for the mother, and she feels walled off from her own family (her son) by this "newcomer."

I think it's only natural that there be some animosity if their ideas about anything differ.

1. pooja0908 profile image63
      pooja0908posted 4 years ago in reply to this

You are absolutely right. I agree with you.

1. Thelma Alberts profile image82
        Thelma Albertsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I second the motion. But it´s not the cause of the problem. Both parties should talk to each other about their problems and solve it.

1. Thelma Alberts profile image82
          Thelma Albertsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

solve them. I mean.

2. LasanthaW profile image78
      LasanthaWposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I too agree with you. But is that the real cause for this problem?

4. pisean282311 profile image57
    pisean282311posted 4 years ago

marriage...

1. LasanthaW profile image78
      LasanthaWposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Marriage is not the cause for this problem. But it may be the beginning of the problem. One becomes the daughter-in-law of a monther-in-law because of the marriage and vice versa.

5. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

I have a d-in-law who expects $$ for me to see my grandchildren hmm but my son, her b/f, works and does well. I do send $$ but usually for b-days. Not my ideal for a daughter @ all.

6. peeples profile image86
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

I have an over religious (but super sweet) MIL. The only problem I have with her is the fact I can't be myself (atheist) around her. Most people just aren't willing to give and take. My MIL is an awesome nana therefore I deal with having to be a closet atheist. Give and take.

7. Mac Mission profile image60
    Mac Missionposted 4 years ago

For this issue no solution. Its God gift. If this is solved how to lead a life. How this life will move on?

8. LasanthaW profile image78
    LasanthaWposted 4 years ago

The real cause for the Mother-in-law and Daughter-in-law problem is the fact that both of them are women. Nothing else.

working