jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What to do when the mother-in-law is a problem?

1. algarveview profile image89
    algarveviewposted 6 years ago

What to do when the mother-in-law is a problem?

2. weezyschannel profile image86
    weezyschannelposted 6 years ago

omg..I refuse to answer on this only because if my husband finds it, we are done. just kidding:)  i don't know on this one. would have to more specific..thanks

3. fosginger profile image59
    fosgingerposted 6 years ago

tell both mothers to back off, it's much easier than you think. I learned that having the moms get involved caused so much drama, till I told both of them to "SHUT UP!" Yep, neither talked to me for a awhile but the got over it. or a nicer way, which didnt work for me was politely tell the mother in law, when I need your view I'll ask

4. danajconnelly profile image70
    danajconnellyposted 6 years ago

This is hard to answer without specifics. In general, it's always best to address the tension outside of the tense moments when everyone is calm. Incorporating chocolate or wine into the conversation couldn't hurt either.

5. Laura in Denver profile image79
    Laura in Denverposted 6 years ago

Dealing with In-Laws can cause considerable trouble in a marriage. The spouse must maintain control (or not) of this, his relation.

When your spouse always rates you second to a problem In-Law, then your relationship to spouse is in danger.

Counseling may work, but genrally letting status quo continue says, "I am willing to be a doormat". read more

6. Eliminate Cancer profile image59
    Eliminate Cancerposted 6 years ago

I think all relationships need boundaries.  Loving respect and communication is always best.

7. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i tell her to go home. we don't like each other so it works quite well. my wife keeps out of it because she loves us both and doesn't want to take sides.

8. okaygrace profile image60
    okaygraceposted 6 years ago

isn't a mother-in-law always a problem? lol

There is a truth in the saying that you don't just marry your wife, you marry the whole family. You were warned!

working