jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)

Who assigns chores in your house?

1. Quillow profile image60
    Quillowposted 5 years ago

Does the mom assign the chores or the dad?  Do you, as the mom making the chore list for the kids, have to get it approved by the dad before you can implement it?

1. Obscure_Treasures profile image60
      Obscure_Treasuresposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ye its like that in my house....My mom assigns the chores and finally needs to be approved by my dad..

2. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Chores in my house don't need to be assigned by anyone. wink

3. CASE1WORKER profile image86
    CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago

Mummy does everything, except put the bin out, as that is man's work. Mummy is plotting revenge

4. kmackey32 profile image82
    kmackey32posted 5 years ago

I do most everything....

5. 0
    Sherlock221bposted 5 years ago

Having to get approval from dad?  I think I've just stepped back into the '50s.

1. kmackey32 profile image82
      kmackey32posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yea right...lol

2. stestifie profile image81
      stestifieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

6. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

I was going to answer here but, but - oh wait - I have to go find someone who can approve of what I was planning to say. 

(Oh...  Let me add this with regard to other the question:  lol  lol   lol   lol   lol   lol   lol  lol   lol)

1. Lisa HW profile image82
      Lisa HWposted 5 years ago in reply to this

(Oops.  I was apparently laughing so much I made a big typo above:  "other the" shouldn't have been left in there.  smile  )

In all seriousness:

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/domesti … ffects.htm

7. lisabeaman profile image88
    lisabeamanposted 5 years ago

I assign the chores. I make a list of who is to do what while I'm at work (for the summer) or I have a chart of chores to do after school during the school year. My husband might make a suggestion every now and then... but the household chores seem to fall under my realm.

Now for the other part of the question... I would feel very aggravated and oppressed if my husband had to approve the list of chores for the kids. I would love it if he would make the list (less for me to think about), but I would hate it if he was so domineering that he had to approve anything that I did.

8. Monisajda profile image83
    Monisajdaposted 5 years ago

I, the mom, make a list of chores. Kids usually forget so I have to remind them. I do most of the clean up, they take care of what is on their list. Dh is making money.

9. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 5 years ago

There were four girls in our house and, we let Dad think WE LET him approve the chores ,because you see, he was the biggest tipper lol

P.S Of course ,after we had our own kids,Dad said he always knew,so I guess he had the last laugh anyway.

10. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Well, the dog certainly assigns the ones in the backyard...