jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Do you think boys should do what is considered girl's chores;

1. Jackie Lynnley profile image89
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 6 years ago

Do you think boys should do what is considered girl's chores;

such as ironing, dishes, house cleaning..

2. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Yes, I do, although I'm sorry those things are still considered girl's chores.  I think everyone can benefit from knowing how to take care of a household...male or female.

3. CWanamaker profile image97
    CWanamakerposted 6 years ago

Yes, gender roles are really a thing of the past.  I do all of those chores and more.  There nothing wrong with man taking responsibility and cleaning up the house.  In fact, these are skills that I believe every man should know. It really does pay to be well rounded.

4. samtenabray profile image60
    samtenabrayposted 6 years ago

Sounds like a trick question! trying to see which men are sexist or not. But in all seriousness gender roles are a thing of the past.

5. thebookmom profile image74
    thebookmomposted 6 years ago

I am really thankful my husband is willing to do those chores and do them well.  I am also thankful his family required him to do them.  At our house we call them "family responsibilities" and everyone takes turns doing all of them, no gender distinctions made.

6. ithabise profile image85
    ithabiseposted 6 years ago

I'm not sure it's about gender but rather about work ethic. I'm a guy and I grew up having to do all of that, and it's made me a better person today. Besides, what woman is going to want a man that cannot keep a house in some way? She doesn't want a lout for a husband.

7. rontlog profile image85
    rontlogposted 6 years ago

I have a funny story about this.......

I work in a shop and one day a new colleague started - a boy aged about 19.

We usually vaccum the shop before it opens and I asked him to get the vaccum cleaner out.

He had never used one in his life and I had to show him how to use it.

I asked him if he ever helped out with the housework at home. His answer - no - his family has a cleaner.

He was from a fairly wealthy family and fairly clueless about a lot of things.

I think it is important to show your children how to do household chores. Maybe one day they will earn enough to be able to pay a cleaner, but until then they will have to do it themselves.

8. countrygirl7083 profile image57
    countrygirl7083posted 6 years ago

yes i think boys should do the chores it will help out in the long run when there older and out on their own.

9. songbirdmom profile image59
    songbirdmomposted 5 years ago

We raise our sons to go out into the world & take care of themselves until they find a suitable mate.  Why wouldn't you make your children do all of their chores?  I think it is necessary as mother to teach our children to be self sustainable.  Especially those who are sending their kids off to college.  You can't iron their clothes there or clean their house from states away...

working