jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

would love feedback about a situation about stealing and kids

1. jfay2011 profile image60
    jfay2011posted 5 years ago

Hi I would love to hear people's comments about a situation that happened when my little girls friend stole 21 bottles of nailpolish from me.  I've got the little girls parents all bent out of shape and other of their friends sending nasty comments.  I gave the parents 3 hours to return the girl with the stolen property.  He was home all afternoon with their kids and could have marched them all right over, but he didn't.  And then when I ended up driving over there, he didn't bother to give it to me and shut the door on me.  No apology from the little girl and I involved the cops.  Most parents would have dropped everything and made that little girl return it prompty and learn a lesson.

1. kmackey32 profile image81
      kmackey32posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I do not know what is wrong with some parents these days. OMG I would have made my girl bring the nail polish back and apoligize and she would have been growded for a long time. This is why some kids act the way they do.

jfay2011posted 5 years ago in reply to this

that's so true.  Some kids are just brought up with no morals and think its okay to keep doing things that aren't okay.  makes me sick

2. cherylone profile image92
      cheryloneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

People seem to be all wrapped up in their own lives and can't believe that their offspring could possibly be in the wrong.  I think people like that are raising kids that will grow up to be, well, not nice.

jfay2011posted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's right, some parents are too involved in their own lives.  the older sister just posted something on facebook recently about a father shooting his wife and then killing himself and the little girl had to go to a new family.  i read it and thought what is up with a little girl posting something like that on facebook?  She's only a year or so older than the nine year old that stole.  Something must be not right in that family