jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Has anyone every eaten from a Taco Truck?

1. philzgrill profile image81
    philzgrillposted 6 years ago

In CA, Taco Trucks are a big thing.  Would be interested to know if these eateries are in other states, or is it just California?

1. Me, Steve Walters profile image78
      Me, Steve Waltersposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Texas has got them...lots of 'em!

philzgrillposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I loved Texas, I lived there for a while.  Missed the big mountains like the Sierra's but a great state.  Food was delicious, gravy fries were some of my favorites.

2. lorlie6 profile image87
      lorlie6posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Interesting question, philzgrill, but I live in California so I wouldn't know, though my town is very close to Nevada.  We have one 'taco truck' and it is very good quality food.

2. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago

no, what does a truck taste like?

3. TamCor profile image80
    TamCorposted 6 years ago

I live in Ohio, and have never seen one...do they drive around cities and make them to order, kinda like those lunchwagon trucks?  Sounds great!

philzgrillposted 6 years ago in reply to this

in our town, they have the same location.  just walk up and order what you want, burritos, tacos and much more.  very good. very affordable as well.

4. thisisoli profile image56
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Austin has food trailes all over the city, from tacos to vietnamese, to baked potatoes, you can get anything!

5. MarkAse profile image60
    MarkAseposted 6 years ago

They're kind of standard fare here in San Diego, although I've seen them throughout the Southwest as well.

Kind of like the local taco shop, I think it depends largely on where you live.  My relatives in western NY think we're crazy for missing Mexican food after only a few days away.

6. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago

confused

Texas Truck Taco Tasty?  hmm;

7. BobbiRant profile image61
    BobbiRantposted 6 years ago

There were several in Indiana when I lived there.  Even though Indiana was far from the Mexican border, there was a very high population of Mexican families.  I didn't like the food, too spicy, I'll take the American version (Taco Bell) any day of the week.

working