I kid you not! Sarah Palin....

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (30 posts)
  1. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 13 years ago

I'm sitting here watching The O'Reilly Factor on Fox News and he is doing a "News Quiz" segment.  One of the questions is:

Governor Palin is the leading contender for the 2012 presidential nomination among Republican voters who do what?

A  Attend tea party rallies
    B  Watch Fox news
    C  Go hunting
    D  Smoke pot

1. Diane Inside profile image73
      Diane Insideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

and your point is....

2. Pcunix profile image91
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Was the answer D?

No, i know it is A and B.  Thre are basically the same answer anyway - though some here insist they never watch Fox in spite of getting the talking points right every single day.  That is just coincidence, of course.  That and because all conservatives instinctively arrive at the same opinions.

1. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The answer is D.  Both guests got it wrong.  Not surprisingly, they both answered "A."

Maybe I have a warped sense of humor, but the thought of a Fox News viewer smoking pot while listening to Sarah Palin not only cracks me up but explains a whole lot about why some people like her.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
          Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Under what other circumstances would one intentionally watch FoxNews and Sarah Palin?

1. profile image0
            PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL!  My fiance' left the TV on when he went to bed.  I was pretty much ignoring it but something about that particular poll caught my notice.  Thankfully, I didn't have to actually watch Sarah Palin.  Doocy and O'Reilly were hard enough to endure!

Watchu bin smokin' Willis?

2. Misha profile image62
          Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL loving the answer big_smile

I don't smoke pot though - and still like the looks of her tongue

3. Aya Katz profile image84
          Aya Katzposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Does Sarah Palin support legalizing marijuana?

Is "viewers who smoke pot" some kind of shorthand for Libertarians?

More likely it refers (or maybe reefers) to giggling stoners who correctly realize that a Palin presidency would be hilarious, but can't comprehend through the euphoric haze that the joke would end quickly while the disastrous consequences would be felt for generations (assuming there would be subsequent generations after putting the nuclear button so close to a moron's itchy finger).

2. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

Actually, part of me wants her to win.  If we can survive the mess she will make of everything, we will be safe from any more like her for decades.  She could cause a tremendous backlash against conservatives.

She could actually be good for us - assuming we can live through it, of course.  We should have all voted for McCain for the same reason.  I know we would be running a big risk, but it could pay off.

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

she's the anti-Obama.

personally i can't stand the woman but i don't like Obama either. wow, what a horrible dilemma facing voters if those two are all we have to choose from.

1. Diane Inside profile image73
        Diane Insideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm kinda like you I'm not sold on Palin, because she seems to shift and not make a stand and stick with it. And Obama doesn't listen to the american people. So I'm not liking either one right now.

1. profile image0
          cosetteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i never saw a more heavily-coached woman. and that shrill voice just grates on my nerves...

2. profile image60
        logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Very true! 
        I thought Palin at one time would have made a good VP, but the more that comes out, and the longer she tries to become one of the 'good ol' boys', the less credibility she has.  The Republicans would be making a huge mistake to make her the nominee, when they have a chance to unseat a sitting president,  Jimmy Carter II.
        As it looks now neither party has anyone that would be a good choice.
        Maybe Hilary?  smile

3. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I feel exactly the same way!!

2. alternate poet profile image68
      alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wouldn't bet on it - in the UK we had Thatcher who not only has no moral values but is a drooling mad right wing ****wit.  She destroyed small business along with any workers rights, removed most of the assets of the country to the few richest people and corporations - and there are people today talking about how her policies were good for the country !!!!  Just proves that a d***head will always be a ****head big_smile

3. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

come on, you can't be serious.. hmm  I'm surprised to read this from you.

I'm not surprised with the answer D.

3. profile image0
    cosetteposted 13 years ago

oh you guys...Hillary is looking better and better all the time. i wonder if McCain would give it another go...

4. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

If it were between Hil and Palin, I'd prolly go with Hil.

5. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

McCain is too old. I'd vote and work hard for a Hillary/McCain ticket, however! They're already good friends, ya know!

6. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Makes perfect sense to me. Back in college we used to get stoned and watch SNL. To this day, I don't know if the early years really WERE funnier than SNL today, or if they only SEEMED funnier because we were high.
    As Ron said, that is the only logical explanation for how viewers could stand (or understand!)watching her.

Odd tho -- potheads are typically pretty pacifistic, not gun-totin' moose shooters=D.

7. alternate poet profile image68
    alternate poetposted 13 years ago

Why don't you put up a real candidate who could unite the country and provide inspirational leadership while balancing the religious nutters, the right wing big mouths, the liberal weedy-weedies, those f*****g lefties and your granny ????   

I say HABEE FOR PRESIDENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'll second that! One proviso. She has to keep cooking! smile

8. Anolinde profile image79
    Anolindeposted 13 years ago

I'm not surprised (and already knew the answer).  She's in favor of marijuana legalization.

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Really? I had no idea! At least she got that right!

1. Anolinde profile image79
        Anolindeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yup smile

9. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

AP and Ernesto, thanks for your vote! lol

I DO wish a moderate would run and have a real shot. Why not a mixed ticket - a moderate Republican and a moderate Democrat?? There are a few left!

10. Joe Badtoe profile image61
    Joe Badtoeposted 13 years ago

Isn't about time America got off its ass and founded a new fairer and political party that isn't on the payroll of big business?

I used to laugh at the notion of an Austriann bodybuilding mysoginist who was taught how to act by a fencepost and how to speak english from R2D2 of ever becoming a governor of a large US State.

I used to chuckle at the ridiculous thought of an actor who made his money appearing in several macho movies where it was cool to kill becoming mayor of a small town.

Then I realised that Hollywood is the White House.

Now I'm forcing a smile through fear that an extraordinary unintelligent woman with some questionable ethics and a history of personal vendetta is considering running for President of one of the most powerful nations in the world.

I mean Sarah Palin for f--ks sake! isn't it bad enough that she's incapable of giving her kids proper names? I'm sure that stick, turd, mussel, scratch, mould and walnut would prefer something more normal. She could not be more vain if she had sex with herself and said 'I'm great in bed'

I guess forty years of apathy does that to us all we no longer care who gets in because the winers always win and the voters often lose.

Jeez a nation that elected Bush (well if we ahem...forget the whole Florida thang)must have learnt something even if it was only jeez let's not do that joke again.

Bring back the wobblies - say what??

1. Evan G Rogers profile image60
      Evan G Rogersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

vote Ron Paul

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)