"Democrats up ante against Boehner": CNN

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (46 posts)
  1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image59
    fishskinfreak2008posted 13 years ago

Web-site/URL: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 … t-boehner/

Does this mean that Boehner COULD BE GONE in 2011?

1. weholdthesetruths profile image60
      weholdthesetruthsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It means that Democrats are monumentally stupid.

1. Joe Badtoe profile image60
        Joe Badtoeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

and the Republicans are of course a beacon of rationale, an olympic torch of democracy, a fine example of a caring and understanding government, a moral example to the world of how to negotiate with other countries, implement fair trade and learn about different cultures without firing a bullet.......

I could go on but I can't be bothered.

1. earnestshub profile image80
          earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol You go straight to the truth here! lol

The Republicans couldn't get a pie in a pie fight!

Bloody obvious looking in from outside America. smile

2. weholdthesetruths profile image60

I don't want a "caring" government.  I want it chopped back to it's little tiny proper size and shape and cost, and I want it freaking OUT OF MY LIFE.   

We've had 70 years of disaster from you leftists, and it's time you admitted absolute failure.   Despite this nation having in excess of 150 TRILLION dollars in debt and legal future obligations by our federal and state governments, all you can think of is how to spend more and how to try to extract more from the people, who are bled dry.   

You have killed almost every industry we had to produce wealth, you have run off investment and you have slapped down every effort to improve the country's economy.   Well, we the people are officially sick and tired of your complete and utter incompetence. 

I want every federal handout program GONE.   That includes Social Security, too.   Gone.   History.    You on the left have tried to make government "fix" every need or want people have, and all it has managed to do is bankrupt the nation, and NOT A SINGLE THING has ever been 'fixed'.   

You've had your run, you've proven what we all know - leftism is irrational stupidity.   Now get out and go away and let the adults clean up your juvenile mess.

1. profile image0
            PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL!  What a hilarious rant.  I hope all Tea Party candidates campaign on abolishing Social Security.  And let's not forget the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Civil Rights Act.  Get rid of 'em all!  Go, Tea Party!

LOL!

1. Jim Hunter profile image60
              Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"And let's not forget the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Civil Rights Act.  Get rid of 'em all!  Go, Tea Party!"

You said it he didn't.

You gonna blame that on Bush too?

1. profile image0

No, he didn't say it, but Rand Paul did.

This kind of childish oversimplification is why you're losing every argument.

1. profile image0

That is not an oversimplification.  It is a representation of Rand Paul's position; that is, until he backed off when he realized how unpopular it is.  At this point, the Tea Party has only a few candidates in the public eye, so it makes perfect sense to discuss their positions as a representation of the Tea Party.  They are, after all, the ones who were elected in the primaries, presumably by the Tea Party voters.

2. weholdthesetruths profile image60

That's amazing.   You really have no comprehension of the TEA Party at all.   You know, the federal government was given very few things to do. .  Defend the nation, prevent trade squabbles between states, and DEFEND THE RIGHTS OF THE PEOPLE.    That last one being the biggest reason for having ANY government, which is to defend the rights of the people.   

Which is not done by ponzi schemes that suck up 15% of everything you earn, but provide almost nothing in return, or regulations covering toilet tank sizes and what kind of filament must be in your light bulb, or NOT in your light bulb, whatever the case may be.    It was not to own 20, 40, 60 or 90% of any state's land, nor was it to be used to lock away the people's resources from them at the behest of elitist morons.   

As I said, your run is over.   Everything you stand for is a 100% failure.  Time to give up and let the adults start making serious decisions for a change.

1. profile image0

Well, I'm looking at who the Tea Party put up as their candidates.  What better way to evaluate what they stand for than to see who they vote for?

Yup, and they vote for people who are NOT the morons who put us in this mess.   

You probably measure them on how well they conform to YOUR failed agenda.   The TEA Party is more interested in how well they represent what DOES work.   

Frankly, I don't care a flipping bit if this person belongs to some odd religion you never heard of, or is gay, or publicly says we shouldn't masturbate.    None of that matters in the slightest, because those are not government issues.     And I don't expect that any person who is not some "elitist" is going to manage to run for office without ending up being financially strapped.   DC is a "rich boys club" and we see what that has gotten us.   So they can't pay their taxes?   Well, welcome to the club.   Fill Congress with them, I say, and give the people some relief.

1. profile image0

Interesting.  I specifically stated I don't care about her financial situation, and yet the majority of your response is about that.  Regarding masturbation, great, I'm glad you personally don't care a flip.  I merely stated that many people will find her video off-putting and will think she's loony.

Yes, duh, I do measure candidates based upon what I personally believe and want to happen in government.  Don't you?  As for failed agenda, it's debatable who's agenda is the worst failure, don't you think?

2. Randy Godwin profile image59
            Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Gosh, we did this in only two years!  I don't remeber things going that great for the 8 preceding years before Obama got elected!  Perhaps Palin will suit you better!  LOLOL!

3. weholdthesetruths profile image60

It's ok that you can't be bothered.    You haven't anything to say anyway.   I hope the Democrat spend 50 million trying to defeat Boehner.    I hope they spend every other dime they have trashing Palin.    That way, they don't have money to waste on trying to win anyting important.   So what if Boehner goes away?   I don't care.   He's not all that staunch of a Constitutionalist, and nowhere near the fighter I'd like to see in opposition to Obama.   

Let the Demcrats continue to be stupid, by thinking that the TEA Party and the revolt against them is "person led" or focused on the agenda of individuals.   It isn't.   Go ahead, waste their resources on a fight that will accomplish nothing in defending their power or agenda.    They are stupid to think that a personal war against Boehner is going to mean anything.   It's the ideas that are winning, not the politician.

2. Jim Hunter profile image60
    Jim Hunterposted 13 years ago

"The new commercial, which will air on MSNBC"

Its a safe bet no one will see it then.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

3. profile image52
    dbaumgartnerposted 13 years ago

PRAYER TO THE BLESSED VIRGIN
    (Never known to fail)

O Most Beautiful Flower of Mt. Carmel,
    Fruitful Vine, Splendor of Heaven, Blessed
    Mother of the Son of God, Immaculate
    Virgin, assist me in my necessity. O Star of
    the Sea, help me and show me herein you
    are my Mother. O Holy Mary, Mother of
    God, Queen of Heaven and Earth, I
    humbly beseech you from the bottom
    of my heart to succor me in my necessity
    (make request).

There are none that can withstand your
    power. O Mary conceived without sin,
    pray for us who have recourse to thee (3 times).

Holy Mary, I place this cause in your
    hands (3 times).

Say this prayer for 3 consecutive days.
    You must publish it, and it will be granted to you.

4. profile image52
    dbaumgartnerposted 13 years ago

Just wanted to share this with everyone.

5. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

I predict a TOTAL win for Democrats. Especially since the tea-bags idea of freedom is "legislating morality". ahahahaa of course it is!!!

We'll keep taking your money while we tell all you bad little boys and girls what not to do.

What a joke they are.
    Why don't they support Alan Grayson in his crusade to audit the Fed???
    Support Obama in giving $$ to small businesses?
    Money for r & d.
    Support Arne Duncan and the Obama administration on Race to the Top education money?
    Fund new energy ideas?
    Keep the unemployment going until the jobs pick up.

We are paying for the cleaning, rebuilding and maintanance of the neo-con wars,started by W and Chinless, you mean to say you can't spare money for our own citizens???

6. Doug Hughes profile image59
    Doug Hughesposted 13 years ago

"Despite this nation having in excess of 150 TRILLION dollars in debt..."

Folks - this is wrong by a factor of over TEN. It's a good example of just how out of touch the teabaggers are with reality. The national debt is a serious issue - at 13.5 Trillion.   A huge chunk of that is the Bush Tax Cuts for the wealthy - a trillion dollar giveaway - and the Iraq war - which was another trillion.

One move to cut the deficit - and eventually the debt will be to let the tax cuts expire for those making over 250K per year, the top 2%. You would think that kind of rational budget move would enjoy broad support. Not from the GOP or the teabaggers. They want to scream about the debt, much of which conservatives created. (There was a budget surplus under Clinton.) And at the same time - out the other face of the 2-faced monster, they want to preserve low taxes for the rich.

7. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

No kidding!!
    They told us that the tax give-away would "create jobs".....
    And what happened?
    They created jobs all right....overseas!!

Took them from here, garnered huge profits, paid no taxes!!

Gee, what a racket.

And STILL they spout that nonsense.

Obama and the Democrats have turned this around. Slow, steady, nose to the grindstone.
    It can only get better. Unless you the people put the republibaggers back in.

Then we revert to neo-con "for the rich only".

Can we really be that stupid?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)