Did Richard Dawkins direct Atheists to deride ?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (36 posts)
  1. profile image49
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Did Richard Dawkins direct Atheists to deride and ridicule religion?

2. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Religion needs no help to derive ridicule. Religion present an imaginative ideology based on wrongly using faith, so as to turn people against themselves, while others usurp power and wealth.

So please...religion needs no help.

1. hanging out profile image61
      hanging outposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I thought the monetary system was what provided people with power and wealth? Gee i didn't know my pastor was so powerful and rich.
      Seems to me the bankers initializing WW2 to crush the jewish banking system  and create the federal reserve bank, would be more upon the route of obtaining power and wealth. Religion is not the wealthy business it seems to be, sure maybe for joel osteen. I don't see any churches in my town buying property and becoming wealthy.
      So please...

3. profile image49

I think it started with  Richard Dawkins . He started to organize the Atheists to make them a "meme". He taught them to ridicule others. Am I right? Is it a good ethics or moral?

1. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

well atheism is as old as religion itself...both are product of human brain..and ridiculing each other goes on since human came into being..atheism doesnot need single person to start it...

1. profile image49
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Quran/Islam/Muhammad forbade people to ridicule others just for fun:

[49:12] O ye who believe! let not one people deride another people, who may be better than they, nor let women deride other women, who may be better than they. And defame not your own people, nor call one another by nicknames. Bad indeed is evil reputation after the profession of belief; and those who repent not are the wrongdoers.

[49:13] O ye who believe! avoid most of suspicions; for suspicion in some cases is a sin. And spy not, nor back-bite one another. Would any of you like to eat the flesh of his brother who is dead? Certainly you would loathe it. And fear Allah, surely, Allah is Oft-Returning with compassion and is Merciful.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … p;verse=11

Why should Richard Dawkins put the Atheists on the wrong track of derision and ridicule?

Why could he not introduce good ethics and morals for the Atheists?

well it doesnot matter what muhammad or quran states...you would find many muslims all across the world who ridicule others and that applies to all faith..so books matter quiet less when it comes to practical life...

1. profile image49

But we have to see the roots for the correct teachings. Richard Dawkins being in the modern age; and the atheists asserting that they can bring things ethical and moral better than Quran; they have just failed. Have they not failed?

so has quran and other religious book...we can't be selective man..we need to understand core of human being...humans are humans no matter how we tag them and religion if was answer..we have had enough time with it...why world is not better place by now?...it cannot be..religion is not the answer and ofcourse just rejecting religion is not the answer too...answer lies beyond capacity of both...we need to address that..yes buddha's words can be starting premise...but i am not talking about buddhism is only way sort of thing..because it too is not...

you think religious people have more morals..well they can be bought , they can threaten people , they can even kill people to prove that they are right..history is filled with that..why?..because upper clothing doesnot change inner self...we are jungle beings..we were hunters to start with..yes religion did induce things which people adhere till they are not pushed to the wall...

ideally we can built more moral thing by making humans understand that how they are inter connected as species and what they would get (tangible) by abiding to good way of life..

2. skyfire profile image80
              skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No.

1. profile image49

I don't agree with you.

quite expected...you can't agree to anything which is not in lines of quran...it is understandable...

Sure.

Atleast i have no objections if you disagree with me unlike quran which says disagreement with it or believers should lead to hell, isn't it ?

lol

Height of contradiction. Same quran has verses against non-believers and punishment for them. I think some people really need to peek into their books. Or else alla YAMAHA will be angry.

Just for the records-

Zakir naik ridicules christianity, hinduism, budhism and teaches other muslims not to celebrate their festivals or have tolerance for their religion and respect.

Saudi king paid huge amount to a biologist to relate embryo with quranic verses.

Islamic people teach their community about evils of america and white people.

If this shite is not supposed to be ridiculed then i wonder what is supposed to do with it. Crap needs to be addressed as crap.

1. profile image49

Zakir Naik or Saudi Arabia do not rerresent Quran; Quran itself explains which I had quoted.

well does that matter?..zakir naik is hailed as Islamic scholar..he has massive following ..Saudi=Islam as per general perception..what they do or say has influence...

Richard dawkins doesn't represent atheism. wink

Paar doesn't represent islam ever since he stopped using i'm peaceful ahamadi islamic.  tongue

People who manipulate ideology are responsible for the dissection of that ideology by those who look at it skeptically.

If that's not enough read previous post from pisean.

2. profile image0
        Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

exactly, speaking of which, I'll have to get around to reading some atheist books at some stage. 

I looked Richard Dawkins up, and he gets death threats - gee, I wonder who from - the monotheist religions, perhaps?

If you don't know exactly it is best not to promote your hate theories even if you add the word perhaps.
          perhaps the scientific community?

1. profile image0

RD is a scientist and an atheist that speaks up about the foolishness of religion, so what sense does it make for scientists and atheists to send him hate mail?

why would they not? perhaps the queen of england or some free masonist.
              if you do not know
              you shouldn't say.

Is it right to write verses on non-muslims, non-believers ? is it right to spam the forums with religion ? is it ethical ? moral ?

4. profile image49

I think it started with Richard Dawkins as a policy

1. profile image0

Atheists were around long before RD - are you afraid of RD because he is bold enough to be outspoken?

1. profile image49

No; not in the least; I am not afraid of him. I pity the Atheists Skeptics Agnostics; by following the advice of RD; they have been derailed from the way of reasoning and arguments; the only merit they had previously; now they are left with hardly any merit.

He does me no harm; I had been writing on his discussion forum; he never came face with face with me.

The Atheists Skeptics Agnostics now need no adversary RD is enough for them

There is no compulsion in matters of faith and religion

5. luvpassion profile image62
    luvpassionposted 13 years ago

I thought he was the host of the Family Feud. way back in history. wink

6. hanging out profile image61
    hanging outposted 13 years ago

Again we have another example of a logic and mathematical, scientific mind trying to comprehend something that really requires just exactly the opposite, a little faith or belief. I can imagine a man in a wheelchair, who doesn't think his brain is from God, blaming God for his being in a wheelchair and giving no credit to God for his intelligence, although being in the wheelchair probably influenced his genius.
    There are some christians that i know, who are okay with being in a wheelchair and who don't blame God. Of course there will always be others who don't come to terms with their handicap outside of God even as there are those who will never understand why there are starving in africa while some christians get to go to disneyland.
    It is all blessings when God enters the life! and yes, otherwise it may be construed a curse. God refreshes the mind and puts everything in its proper perspective.
    There's tons of Christian miraclism in this, but no logic, logic can never understand what God is doing. Being in the wheelchair gave him time to think and learn. His learning ability alone may have come from God, perhaps God was thinking oh man if this guy ever comes to believe in me the day he walks will be so glorious! But some people think he should never be this way.. not the Garden, not the garden. we live outside the garden in a bit of a different situation.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

... no logic whatsoever. wink

Or, the fact that his legs don't work has nothing to do with his brain at all. You aren't in a wheelchair, presumably?

You're sure about that or are you fabricating stories again?

And, you aren't one of those starving in Africa, presumably?

Properly fed and properly starving, just for Christians to enjoy this perspective. smile

2. profile image0

I just read about the enthusiastic youth pastor that yanked someone out of their wheelchair because he believe god had healed them.  The person slumped to the floor

3. profile image0

RD's not in a wheelchair...you're thinking of that other genius...can't think of his name right now

1. profile image49

You mean Stephen Hawking?

1. profile image0

yeah, is that who they're thinking of?

1. profile image49

No, Richard Dawkins is a Biologist and one of the leaders of the Atheists Skeptics Agnostics.

2. hanging out profile image61

oh there's two of them
            lol
            I do not follow science.
            stephen hawking is in the wheelchair
            RD is someone i do not know of
            let me check youtube lol
            okay gotta luv youtube.. stephen hawking is in the wheelchair
            not sure which one was the other guy there was a grey haired fellah and a brown haired fellah.
            I suppose for the majority of posts it doesn't matter who i referred to.

7. I am DB Cooper profile image73
    I am DB Cooperposted 13 years ago

Richard Dawkins is an active atheist. I would say that most atheists are passive, in that they have their view that there is no God yet they accept that much of the world is run and will continue to be run by religious ideology. Dawkins does not accept this, and that's why he challenges religion wherever it might be creeping into and disrupting secular society.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)