Looking for writers...

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)
  1. profile image57
    mangelsposted 15 years ago

I'm looking for writers who want to write some hubs based on images from my site.

My site is leader in the  Digital Scrapbooking industry, with more than 6 years on the net has a community of 28,000 members worldwide, a Google PR 4 and an average of 1,500 unique visits a day.

The site has thousands of images such as Digital Photo Frames in the most diverse styles, Scrapbooking Mega Kits, Genealogical & Family Trees, Victorian Premade Photo Albums, Centennial Photo Album Pages, Vintage Postcards, Patriotic Designs, Water Color Scrapbooking Kits, Golden Monograms, etc. which can undoubtedly serve as theme for your articles.

I do not offer a cash payment. I am offering you a very effective targeted advertising to your hubs and/or webpage, blog or e-shop and other benefices like a free lifetime membership to my site, so you can download the images you will use to illustrate the articles and for your personal crafs/scrapbooking /digital photography use without limitation.

I am not a writer, I am designer and I really do not know how the world of writers works, so I hope that this offer will not be misinterpreted. I have many years working with designers under a similar reciprocity agreement and it has gave excellent results for both, the designers and my site, so I thought about how to apply the same scheme with the writers.

I see it from this standpoint: I am giving you inspirational themes and offering a variety of  benefits to your business by doing what you always do: write hubs. In addition I offer you thousands of beautiful images to illustrate your articles and make them more attractive. I believe my proposal is reasonable and may be of interest to many hubbers.

I have prepared some general guidelines about what I need and what I offer and I will be glad to show them to whom might be interested. Also, the comments you may have are very valuable for me.

I don't want to put here my email address or my website URL because I am not doing publicity or seeking for traffic. All this info is at my profile. I hope this will not break any rules of this forum.

If you might be interested, please contact me to send you the details and to know your opinion on this matter.

Mangels

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

Oh goody goody, another one wanting writers but not wanting to pay any money. sad

1. profile image57
      mangelsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Mark for your reply. However, I'm paying for the hubs. Advertising on my website is more than just a one-time payment and provides permanent benefits to the business of writers. And obviously a Lifetime Membership to my site also has a price. Not all forms of payment must to be in cash. I have been doing business on the Internet for 7 years and I can say you that reciprocity is the base for success. As I said above, all is matter of standpoints and I believe that my proposal might be very attractive to many hubbers.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Come on. Your outward bound links pages are unranked. smile Your Alexa ranking is in the 600k range. You can have a free lifetime membership to one of my sites for 4 hours work too big_smile

Just giving my opinion to those writers who think inbound links and an ad on an unranked page are worth anything. Up to them if they take it. I was suckered into to all sorts of similar "deals" in the beginning.

As far as I am concerned - you want me to write anything for you - you are paying money.

3. gamergirl profile image84
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

I actually contacted this person because I'm a digital scrapbooking nut myself, and because I've seen the site before.. I've been meaning to write some articles on the subject, but hey, a little benefit for it beyond the Adsense kickback and all that has it's worth for me. big_smile

Yeah, it's a little spammy, buuuuut, sometimes you get some gems!

1. Quilligrapher profile image74
      Quilligrapherposted 15 years agoin reply to this

If you can generate 15 hubs on this subject you may qualify for a Capstone bonus.  See...

http://hubpages.com/help/capstone-hubs

4. gamergirl profile image84

I could have hours and hours of fun with a huge influx of scrapbooking stuff to play with in photoshop... that's worth it to me.. lol

5. profile image57

Thanks again, Mark. I really appreciate your feedback. Anyway, I do not want to turn this forum into a discussion about the merits of my website. I made an offer and I think every writer is free to decide whether what I am offering is worth to her/his particular case.
    Anyway, just a comment, my site has no unranked pages. The homepage is a PR4 and the adversiting link pages are all over PR2.

6. profile image57

Thanks, gamergirl for contact me. I sent you all the details of my offer, which includes free access to all present and future collections of my website (currently more than 13,000 high-resolution images). I hope to hear from you again to know your opinion on this matter.

7. gamergirl profile image84

My pleasure, Mangels.  Like I said in my email to you, the benefits presented for the little bit of "work" greatly outweigh the simple effort involved.  The fact that you accept articles written in the past as part of the deal provided they are updated to be beneficial to the whole arrangement is just an added bonus, especially for a writer like me who has a few articles of a digital arts nature published already.  :-)

I'd definitely recommend this opportunity to anyone who is even remotely artsy or into scrapbooking, it's a good deal IMO.

8. gamergirl profile image84

LOL Yep, I was around when they put that out. ;-)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)