Jesus Has Come

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (40 posts)
  1. Junkster profile image60
    Junksterposted 15 years ago

Heh heh...yeah right.He isn't coming back, furthermore like everything in "that book" it's all non-literal and simply a book of stories by which people should emulate to live "good lives".

1. RKHenry profile image64
      RKHenryposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Man what a ploy to get people worked up.  You bored or something?

By the way I'm messing with ya.

2. Lady Guinevere profile image67
    Lady Guinevereposted 15 years ago

No HE isn't coming back....SHE is--as with anything that is dual both sides will have a chance and then we will all become one with everything.........no division from anyone or anything like there is today.
    Think about it!

3. Make  Money profile image66
    Make Moneyposted 15 years ago

Everyone has a chance right now LG.

From Galatians 3

1. Lady Guinevere profile image67
      Lady Guinevereposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thumbs Up!!

1. johnb0127 profile image61
        johnb0127posted 15 years agoin reply to this

People on the earth have a decision to make: either believe Jesus Christ and accept him as Lord and Savior and go to heaven with other believers when they die, or don't do anything and be damned to hell when they die where they will be tormented for all of eternity.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
          Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I assume you are just looking for a fight here. And thanks, but I declined your invitation to be friends on facebook. One look at your other freinds was enough to persuade me. big_smile

Did Jesus teach you how to make money through facebook? lol

Thats fine.  Why my other friends? lol!  And no he didn't, why?

4. magic8ball profile image83
    magic8ballposted 15 years ago

Mark,

Dude I'm a Christian too, and that is NOT the way to go about proclaiming God's message. It feels like you are jamming it down people's throat when you put it like that. You may want to try another approach next time.

Regardless if it is the Truth or not people resist forceful persuasion.

By the way, im the one who wrote that.  Not Mark.  Mark is an aethist.  You are correct, but this is important stuff and needs to be heard.

--John

What needs to be heard is already within you--in everyone.  Jesus said that.  Did you hear him or read those words?  Jesus told his followers to go tell of his miracles and the good news that they can do the same and much more.......he didn't say shove it down anyone's throats, nor go to war against them nor kill tem if they didn't believe nor tell them they are going to hell if they don't believe nor convert anyone to anything. I believe Paul said those things when forcing his views on others brought him down. He wasn't the Foundation for the Church---it was Peter that Jesus told to be the foundation...............We should be edifying the teachings that Peter got from Jesus and not Paul's.. What do you say on those?

Look, I'm not trying to shove it down people throats.  I guess the way I wrote it sounded kinda wrong.  I want people to know the God I know.  I don't want anyone to be damned to hell.

1. Paraglider profile image87
            Paragliderposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yet you believe it will happen. You believe in a god with lower moral standards than your own, because he apparently does want people tortured for eternity even though you don't Why don't you stand up to him and tell him he's evil??

5. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 15 years ago

"People on the earth have a decision to make: either believe Jesus Christ and accept him as Lord and Savior and go to heaven with other believers when they die, or don't do anything and be damned to hell when they die where they will be tormented for all of eternity."
    Is this fascism?

6. DeaneMc profile image60
    DeaneMcposted 15 years ago

Jesus said in His word, that he came unto His own and His own received Him not. But as many as do receive Him become the children of God. You can not serve two masters. We either serve God or Satan. If we are saved and received salvation then great will be our reward for serving the Lord Jesus Christ. If we follow after Satan then we are sentenced to death and the punishment will be hell. God said, it is not His will that anyone would perish. Everyone is given a choice and He doesn't force anyone against their will. But, God loves every body. We make the choice for how we live our life. God is a just and merciful God and He will give people chance after chance to repent and turn from the ways of this world and live for Him.

1 John 5:13  These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Romans 6:23  For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

John 3:36  He that believes in Him is not condemned: but he that believes not is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Revelation 1:3  Blessed is he that reads, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

OK - here's a simple exercise for you based on your statements:

1. I serve God and not Satan
      2. I serve Satan and not God
      3. I serve both God and Satan
      4. I serve Neither God nor Satan

You allow for options 1 or 2
      You disallow option 3
      You totally ignore option 4 !

What's your take on option 4 - that vast class of people who do not serve God or Satan?

1. countrywomen profile image60
        countrywomenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Paraglider- You are too logical and at the same time a very smart teacher. smile

Hi CW - I just get a little tired of being told what I must or can't do especialy from a perspective that doesn't even stand up to entry level logic smile

The reason I said "too" is now proved by your statement "entry level". I personally feel different people are at different levels as far as logical thinking goes(especially with respect to certain touchy subjects). And what may seem "entry level" to you may not be entry level for all. I guess what I am saying is that it is relative. Anyway have a good day smile

Well, please tell me what statement I made that required higher than entry level logic?

I really admire you for the ability to frame those 4 alternatives to explain (hence I used the word teacher earlier). It may seem basic entry level logic but then those who have taken a leap of faith then logic itself may not be sufficient to get the point across to them. Even if  there is a acceptance of "GOD"(which you don't accept) those who belong to religion A may think of religion B's beliefs as "illogical" and vice versa. It may make perfect sense to somebody who has strict scientific standards of assessment (like yourself) but for others it may not seem so. Anyway it is 1 am and my husband has finished watching his movie. Time to say Good Night. It was nice talking to you smile

2. Lady Guinevere profile image67

Jesus said the everything him his love, his laws, his Kingdom is all in one place and it is for everyone and thre was no discrimination of anyone or any race, color, creed, bleife or thereof/   He said it is all WITHIN us.  Now that that is said there is not justification to tell others they are going to hell or that becasue they believe differently then your do that they are believing in Satan or are following that myth.
      So you really think that Bible has not been tampered with--try reading the verses before and after those you posted here and see if you get a different meaning to the whle thing.  How much histroy do you believe in and how about Bilology and Phsychology and the workings of minds and those who like to control others so that they have --what--moreglory and are closer to God??
      No one is closer to God then anyone else--anywhere or anyone--it is all within them.

1. profile image0
        sandra rinckposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Gosh LG, go easy on her.  She hasn't done anything but relay what is already in the bible.  It isn't her fault, plus she never gives any explanation of meanings or history so it doesn't seem fair that you say such things to her to justify your own.  Doing so is not right either. 

I do agree though, there is no justification for telling people they will go to hell however we all will go to hell, we all go to the place of death, there isn't any suffering in death just not a promise of another life in perfection with God. 

The bible says that everyone has a lot in life, those who have riches, wealth, success, etc.. have received their lot or reward in life under the sun but at death it all leaves.  There is no hoping, longing, thinking, sadness, happiness etc.  No one hangs out in purgatory, no one goes right to Heaven, no one burns "alive" in a lake of fire.

When your done, your done.  We all go down the same way.  The day you die there is nothing, their is no praising God on your way down either because a dead person is conscious  of nothing. http://thanksgod.org/?page_id=31

God does not burn alive living souls for all eternity in agony.  God may burn dead one.... so think about it for a while, but once it is dead, it feels nothing and thinks nothing. 

But you are wrong in one thing.  Some people are definitely closer to God then other.  God says that God is "closest" to those with a broken heart.  Also, how do intend to back up a claim like that when I can only wonder how a person can be closer to God then you or me or DeanMac if they honestly in all their hearts do not believe in God?

7. Paraglider profile image87
    Paragliderposted 15 years ago

Well, there we go. DeaneMc believes that some are saved and some are fried. LG believes we are all one with God. Sandra believes we all die but still believes in God. Hey - you can't all be right, you know. Would anyone like to explain why belief (in anything unknowable) is a good thing? I can't see it smile

Beats me. smile

I mean - Sandra even knows what god says...."God says that God is "closest" to those with a broken heart."

Which has to be worth something..................... Seeing as how it is God and all. And God must be pretty broken hearted about ........... whateva. big_smile

1. profile image0

Does it make you mad that God is close to people with a broken heart?

No, it makes me laugh out loud. lol

I do find it entertaining that you have adopted the "well, you must be mad at god." approach though. big_smile

1. profile image0

It makes you laugh that God is there for people with a broken heart?

No - it makes me laugh that you think there is a god that shows a preference and you know what god says. big_smile

Got to admit it is rather funny. big_smile

1. profile image0

I am sending you a pm. smile

OK smile

1. profile image0

Thanks smile

2. profile image0

Certainly but at least we all agree that there is a God. smile

3. Rose Ella Morton profile image61
      Rose Ella Mortonposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Somewhere in the Bible it say "blessed is he who believe, and haven't seen." I like so many  other, believed only because of fear of not believing. but not any more. different ways has brought us to the truth. but the good thing is once your here, you will never go back. Not like the unbeliever who continue to wander.

That's not necessarily true either. I was brought up to believe, and did, until I didn't. But looking back, that was a step forwards, not backwards. What you call wandering, some call thinking. It's good. And far far better than contemplating hell fire and everlasting worms for unbelievers wink

Exactly!  I was a beleiver and still am, but not in the way that those with doctrine and blind want or expect me to be.  How I see it is that everyone who disagrees with a "believer" automatically is JUDGED and put into the cetegory of "un-believer"  That is a wrong assumption on their parts and totally unfair to those who are categorized as un-believers.

There is no "coming to him", when he says that he is already within you.  How is it possible to come to anything that is already there---you can't.

I also see little need for most of the confrontation. It usually arises when people, sometimes accidentally, say things that exclude or degrade others who simply think differently. Hence my new thread - thanks for joining it smile

You always get me to think--and that is a very good thing because we were given brains to think with.  If everyone was supposed to be like the "BORG" then we would all be like them, but we are not.  If we were not supposed to think, then we wouldn't have brains to think ith.  What a horrible existence.  What would be the use of the flowers, trees, oceans, clouds, animals, insects and all the other beauty that is here to see and think about and enjoy.

8. Roseberry profile image60
    Roseberryposted 15 years ago

I read all that has been posted and i understand that many feel that the warning is to harsh!
    Many in the days of the prophets felt this way too! I don't believe that the warning was trying to make any one do any thing. Take it as it is written. A warning to the lost! may sound hard, but time is short! Its your choice!

He will return! As in the days of Noah many will scoff and say were is he! He isn't coming! Your own words are in the bible! It took Noah some time to finish the ark, but when he was finished God closed the door and the floods came. Less standards! I think NOT! He is warning and has warned! I believe that is above standard! But than that is something I understand and many just refuse to see and hear. Your choice!

Myself are the one that wrote the warning will not or can not make you choose to receive this warning! No! Not even God will make you, He and yes I say He wants you to come to Him on your own! That's called free will!

Your choice!

9. Paraglider profile image87
    Paragliderposted 15 years ago

My choice indeed. And here's another anomaly. Some very devout believers are adamant about free will while others insist on predestination. People who can't agree with each other expect the rest of us to take notice and obey. And the best reason they can offer is fear of damnation. I think there are bigger issues to work on than the afterlife or the second coming.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)