Will the righteous ever stand up for whats right?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (144 posts)
  1. michael's son profile image60
    michael's sonposted 13 years ago

Look I may not be college educated, I may not be a priest, but I am someone who believes this world is running from peace. I have idly sat by and watched this world go to hell for far too long i can't just sit back and watch anymore. The whole world sees where we are letting our corrupt leaders take us but no one stands up and says we are going the wrong way. Too long this world has dreamed of peace it is time to stand up for what is right it is time to bring this world to peace. I regret to inform anyone who may be reading this that the war that has been told of in the book of Revelations has already begun. we are in the time of judgment, whether we like it or not. Are you just going to sit there and let the evils that plague this world win or are you going to take a stand for what is right? No longer will the righteous be silenced, no more will we sit around and wait for world peace. Peace will not come if we aren't looking for it. So its time to bring peace to this earth, without love and peace humanity is lost to hatred and anguish. To all my brothers and sisters out there who may or may not be reading this I tell you that I do not wish to be in my position because the road ahead of me is a very treacherous one. but i did not choose this path, this path chose me. I am not self righteous enough to say that i have been chosen or that my destiny is greater than anyone elses. but I must state the truth that has been revealed to me by powers that i never used to believe existed. If it wasn't for all the signs i have seen and all of the experiences i have been through i would think i was crazy as well. Honestly i half wish i were insane, but i am not this madness is real whether you believe in it or not. Now is the time to take a stand for what is right now is the time to fight the good fight, now is the time to serve the lord and the lord alone. even though i may be a leader unto thousands, i tell you not to follow me but to follow the lord and become leaders among men. "the function of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers."-Ralph Nader
    Don't let your predisposition to politics sway your opinion of that quote for it is a wise one no matter how you feel about the man who said it. Keep an open heart and an open mind and the truth will find its way in.

now to anyone who has read this far without jumping to the conclusion that i am insane I thank you for your understanding. and to those who may think i am insane yet kept reading I thank you as well for reading this far and i tell you also to keep an open mind "a mind is like a parachute, it only works when it is open"-unknown and to anyone who thought i was insane and is not reading this even though you will never know the way i truly feel I weep for you and pray that "God" may bring you to his grace and facilitate love and wisdom within your heart.

and to anyone who has read this and feels the same way i do, do not hesitate to contact me, i look forward to your voices, for yours are the voices that will lead mankind to victory over its hatred.

For specific reasons i cannot reveal my identity or any personal info here so anyone who wishes to contact me may post a comment on my profile or send me a message. I look forward to them smile

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What's next, blow up all the other God's?

michael's sonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i offer peace not war i am not starting a war the war has already begun and it was not my doing i do not seek a solution of violence i seek a solution of peace but mankind does not seek peace they seek war so they bring this war upon themselves whether i want them to or not and as far as other gods go i have studied all kinds of paganism and wikka and witchcraft and i believe that these so called gods are merely people who may or may not have existed that were individuals like Jesus Christ or Buddha who tried to show this world the truth and mankind instead of becoming leaders chose to follow false leaders who proclaimed they were righteous unto their god. i believe that "God" has no gender and is purely the energy that makes up everything in the universe even science tells us that everything that exists is made of energy. i believe that energy to be "God" or "Jah" as i like to call it. basically i believe that "God" is like the force from star wars lol

The Christian group has fought more wars than any other group and your post stated about the end of the world.

What makes you think a leopard will change their spots, they may get more they may get less, and they are still spotted.

i speak not of Christians i speak of the righteous i speak of the truth seekers those that wish to find what really exists. I was born and raised Catholic yet here i stand poking holes in the Catholic faith because the bible is no longer the word of "God" it is the word of man that is believed to be the word of "God". I do not speak to any individual i speak to anyone who may happen to read this because this world needs to change if mankind is ever going to be happy and i know that this world can change that is why i am so dedicated. i don't just believe in this I know it and i am completely dedicated to it.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
              Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How strange. You are so scared that you hide who you are, yet you are calling for the righteous to kill the wicked and saying this is "peace."

Last time I checked, "peace," did not involve murdering anyone. What a shameful and contradictory belief system you have. No wonder you cause so many fights. sad

you are completely misunderstanding me i don't wish for anyone to be killed but if we tried to bring this world to peace in a passive manor those that are corrupt would destroy us because they could i do not wish for this to be a war i wish for it to be a peaceful transition and shall be until the first strike is dealt. But no one has ever changed the world by laying down they all had to stand up for their beliefs and that is what i am calling for

A peaceful transition to what?

Are you righteous?

a peaceful transition to world peace lol  and i am not one who can say if i am righteous or not only the lord can say whether or not i am righteous i sure hope i am

2. profile image0
            Deborah Sextonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow why is everyone here so quick to judge me based on the actions of other people. The truth is is that it is not our place to judge anyone, that is reserved for "God".  And why does everyone assume i am a christian?! has anyone ever heard the expression never judge a book by its cover? Take the time to read all of the posts on this page and i guarantee you that you will learn a thing or two.

1. profile image0

well my personal beliefs don't belong to any organized religion. I believe organized religion in and of itself is hypocritical. we should not dictate what others believe in rather we should listen to them and learn from them to further our own beliefs.

2. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

righteousness is a matter of perception.  This is my truth, tell me yours.

i believe that the righteous are those that wish to do good in the eyes off "God" and in his eyes alone no one elses i believe that the righteous and right or wrong are 2 different things the righteous is merely a term to describe those that live to serve the lord and live to serve him alone not mankind and its history of corruption and tyranny
        but yes you do bring up a good point and to that point i say read my first hub: This Man's Dream For Peace

1. profile image0
          shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The best way to find truth is through your heart

precisely and that is what i have been doing for most of my life.  if you truly follow your heart and do what you believe is right as long as you ask for guidance from "God " then you will be doing what is right

2. profile image0

_______
        Oh..than you are a Christian. Righteousness is not what you want it to be

WHY DOES EVERYONE ASSUME I AM A CHRISTIAN?!

1. profile image0

_________
            I was replying to shazwellyn. Everything is not about you. There are other people in this thread

thank you for humbling me Deborah i was cocky to assume you were talking about me and hypocritical to assume something when i myself was just complaining about assumptions

3. michael's son profile image60

Ok to anyone reading this please read the entire post before posting something as you will see what i now see and that which i see is love, peace and wisdom. please do not be quick to judge me, take the time to read all of these posts and you will gain a great amount of knowledge and wisdom smile

4. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Another post of yours says you're not Christian.
      So why are you even spouting stuff about following the Lord?
      And quoting Ralph Nader instead of the Lord.
      Jesus (the LORD) said He didn't come to bring peace.  He came to divide, to challenge everyone to make a choice.  And to become, yes, followers of HIM, not to turn everyone into some kind of peace-activist leaders as you suggest.

Sorry, but you seem to be very confused about this whole issue.

i used that term because it represents"God" I am not a christian i dont believe that "God" has a gender, and neither do i believe that "God" would want us to worship Jesus as if he were "God" and no Jesus did not want us to be followers to HIM he wanted us to listen to his message and become better people. It was mankind that created this preconception so before you go trying to disprove people it is better to check your facts first. and i quoted Ralph Nader because those words were very wise even if the man who said them was not. And fyi nobody can ever quote the "Lord" because nobody knows what the true word of "the Lord" really is and Jesus did not come to divide, he came to "die for our sins" (supposedly) I am not confused at all my friend, rather, it is you who is ignorant. and before you get angry with those words, ignorance means you are not informed properly or misinformed, it does not mean you are stupid. you seem to be a pretty intelligent individual to me, you just need to do the proper research before you try to condemn people for what they believe in. and you shouldn't be condemning people at all anyways.

2. michael's son profile image60

and to anyone who has doubts that we are in the time of judgment read and study the book of Revelations as i have and take a very good look at the world around you. an unpolluted look, one that isn't tainted by the falsities of the media. You will find the truth if you search for it. I do not wish this war upon humanity i wish we could all just get along as cletea as it sounds. but humanity has long ago abandoned that path which is why this war must happen for peace to be attained. I don't like it anymore than you may but it is inevitable.

1. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Michaels:
      Unfortunately, I had to read/study "revelations" in my seminary experience.
      It was a DIFFICULT read and scary!
      Harry Potter's my favorite fairy tale now.
      It's EASY to read and scary!
      HEY, I'll tell ya where to start.
      Go to the library and get stories by the "Brothers Grimm!"
      When ya go to bed tonite, lay your bible next to your 'security blanket.
      Now snuggle down, get comfy and pick up "grimms Fairytales!"
      Ya want sumthin' scary? Ya got it! Some of those stories will raise the "hackles" on the back of your neck! I guarantee you, your nightmares'll be incredible.
      Revelations? C'mon! Get real! Fairytales should be a fun easy read!
      I played alota "cowboy and indians" when I was a kid. Even as a kid, I knew fantasy from reality.
      Pull it together michaels! Sit back and enjoy the short ride. It'll be over before ya know it and another fairytale will begin for ya.
      QWark  smile:

I wish it were just a fairy tale and no Revelations isn't completely correct i was just using that as a reference. Whoever wrote Revelations must have been a true prophet though because all the signs of the end spoke of in Revelations are coming true. Take a very good look at the world around you and tell me its not true. I don't have the time to explain all the signs here but you can do your own research. Besides people can dispute what i say but they cannot dispute what they see. I have seen these things and the end of the world AS WE KNOW IT is here whether we like it or not. There was once a man, a very righteous and wise man, who was walking down a path back to his village. On the way there he came across an individual who was not so peaceful. The second man smacks the wise man on the cheek but instead of retaliating he turns the other one. so the second man smacks him again only a lot harder this time, knocking the man to the ground. Instead of retaliating the man stands up once again and presents his cheek. This time the violent man hits the wise man so hard it knocks him unconscious. The man wakes up to see smoke coming from his village so he runs to see what the problem is. When he gets there, he finds his village burning and his people slaughtered. But the man doesn't take action against the wicked because he is a man of peace so instead of those atrocities being stopped, 12 other villages receive the same that his did.

you see if the truly peaceful remain truly passive, the evil on this planet would flourish and thus bring the downfall of the human race because they all hate each other. The truly evil people on this planet must be stopped if peace will ever exist. that is why this war is here, to finally purge the evil from this planet. without it we are lost if the peaceful remain passive our whole race will be lost. Buddhist monks are peaceful individuals but they are not defenseless we need to learn from them.

1. qwark profile image60

Michael:
          You haven't read any of my stuff. That is obvious.
          Of course the religious self fullfilling prophecy of armageddon has begun.
          There's not a damn thing anyone can do about it. It's much too late.
          Sit back have a nice hot latte and relax.
          It will happen sometime in the next 50 - 100 yrs.
          You'll either be dead or too old to care.
          Relax man. Be Happy"
          Qwark smile:

Here's the thing, i believe in a higher power and you do not but these are both a matter of belief and opinion. my opinion is mine and yours is yours. I do not wish to squander over such a meaningless thing such as opinion. but what if this is not the end but merely the end of violence among the human race. yes we all may be dead soon, but if life goes on where will we be if we just sit back and wait for death. the ones that are truly grateful for this life are the ones who stand up and try to make life better for everyone around them. if no one stands up to make this world a better place we would live in a terrible place. i am merely trying to make the world a better place. maybe it is in vein maybe we all will die in "Armageddon" but we will never know what this world can be if we never try.

1. qwark profile image60

Michael:
              Regardless of how hard you try, your efforts will be fruitless.
              Contemporary man is doomed.
              The processes of evolution will not be deterred by the paltry efforts of one such as you.
              Your mind exists in a fairytale world of idealism.
              Man has created a concept he refers to as "religion." It has been the bane of progress for him and may be the perpetrator of his demise.
              Take my advice. Use this singular life selfishly, enjoy it!
              Your latte's getting cold!
              Relax man! Relax!
              Qwark   smile:

I do not try to bring peace to this world through religion for religion has been mans downfall for centuries. the true way to bring peace to this world is through love and acceptance. and maybe my efforts will be fruitless but at least i will die knowing i did what was right. I live for peace it is what makes my heart beat it is the reason i am still alive without the hope for peace mankind is lost. it is this hope that drives us this is the purpose i was put on this planet my purpose may be to die for what i believe in but i embrace it wholly and happily.

1. qwark profile image60

Michael:
                  NP!
                  My purpose in life is to my progeny! To no one else.
                  There are only 2 reasons for my death: 1. natural 2. protecting me and mine. Nothing else is worth dying for.
                  QWark

1. Cagsil profile image70
                    Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Qwark, did you ever serve in the military? Just curious. hmm

what a selfish statement. so your saying that if you were on a school bus full of children and someone put a gun to your head and told you to chose between your life and theirs you would choose to let a school bus full of children die so you could live?

3. michael's son profile image60

to Mark Knowls: you are misinterpreting my intent and i am not christian you don't know the first thing about me yet you judge me. I wish this world could just realize how easy peace really is but it cant this world is blind and it wants to stay that way. I only wish to bring peace the only thing i hate is hatred i don't condone killing anyone unless it is in self defense and that is what i am doing defending peace. I am not waging war i am not saying to kill anyone who you think is wicked i am saying bring all those you can to true love and peace but do not be defenseless people will attack you and you must defend yourself. I do not want anyone who i help to bring to peace to attack anyone but i ask them to stand up and fight when humanity attacks them.

Good grief. lol

So - you go around provoking people by telling them you have the truth and they must behave as you say, then you accuse them of attacking you when they tell you to go jump in a lake.

Sure sounds christian to me. cool  I think they call it "persecution," though. The Mormons are awesome! at this - go watch a few - you might pick up a few pointers.

ok man your really not listening to me at all are you your only trying to validate your own point your not looking for the truth it is self righteous people that do things such as this that have made this world a terrible place. I am not saying i have the answers because i do not only "God" knows the answers of the universe.  go read my hub: This Man's Dream For Peace and then come talk to me because your not even trying to understand this situation you just want to criticize it and if I'm not mistaken blind criticism is something you just told me was bad

Yes - you are mistaken, I never said any such thing. I have just read your hub and took this quote from it.

Just remember - only smite those who refuse the light you are offering. sad

that was a poorly written statement my friend what i meant by that was only those who do not wish to love their fellow man and wish to act on hatred i was not saying to kill anyone who doesn't believe in what you believe in. and btw you misquoted me what was actually said was

"but the righteous should not attack the wicked they should merely try to bring them to the light. If and only if those that are corrupted do not accept the light shall the righteous smite them."

the light that i was referring to isn't religion it is love i don't care what anyone believes in my beliefs are mine and yours are yours who am i to say who is right and who is wrong the only one who can say that for sure is Jah

I quoted it word for word from your hub. And your hub still states that the righteous must commit a few sins against the wicked.

I am done and suggest you seek qualified professional help - I mean that. Good luck.

you did misquote me and it does state that the righteous must commit a few sins against the wicked but your leaving out what the rest of that paragraph states

"Do not be self-righteous, rather do what is best for others. If you do what is best for others truly wanting to help them, you should receive the same from karma. But in this wicked world karma has been smothered by corruption, the good no longer prevail because the evil have friends in high places. To do what is right the righteous must commit a few sins against the wicked. but the righteous should not attack the wicked they should merely try to bring them to the light. If and only if those that are corrupted do not accept the light shall the righteous smite them. only those who are truly wicked deserve such treatment. Love your fellow man and treat him with kindness and respect, follow the teachings of Jesus Christ no matter weather he was or wasn't the son of god he was still a very wise man. Seek wisdom like he did, seek to do what is best for your fellow brothers and give of yourself selflessly. "it is in forgiving that we are forgave it is in understanding others that we are understood" Be a leader not a follower. If you do not know how to be a leader, then lead yourself to wisdom. we live in a world where the blind lead the blind, if you want to know the truths of the universe you must lead yourselves to them because no man can show you the truths he doesn't understand."

now that what i really said has been revealed, any questions?

LOL At the not being self-righteous. I did not misquote you, I just did not quote the entire hub and felt that the fact that you believe the righteous should commit a few sins against the wicked by provoking them into violence so you can smite them was worth a mention.

Now, I suggest getting some help - you are clearly unwell.

ok I have been very patient with you but you are truly not understanding my intentions here. You are merely taking what i have said and are trying to justify your own argument with it when your misinterpreting what i am trying to say like i said I'm not a college grad so sometimes the message i try to convey and the message that's sent does get mixed up. but what i am trying to say here is that only those who wish hatred upon mankind and wish to do evil deeds who cannot be shown that the true way to peace is through wisdom and love should be offed and trust me i am certainly not telling anyone to go out there and start killing anyone murder is a last resort only used to defend yourselves. Those individuals that i spoke of will not only attack the peaceful they will enjoy it and those are the people who are truly evil they are the only ones who deserve death and when i say attack i mean it in a literal sense. even still it is not our place to judge them. MURDER IS A SELF-DEFENSIVE LAST RESORT ONLY. but we are not to judge others only "God" has the power to judge and if killing them in self-defense is wrong then i guess those that defend themselves should perish right? good luck with life you will never succeed in life if you don't have an open mind and because of this reason i will pray for your soul so that you may find wisdom.

2. stilljustwonderin profile image59
                  stilljustwonderinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You said we should follow the teachings of Jesus.  I agree.  Jesus said for us not to judge another.  If you are taking it upon yourself to judge, then aren't you putting yourself in the place of God?  Jesus said he who lives by the sword will die by the sword.  Forgive, love one another, love our enemies.
                  To not offend one another.
                  I'm not seeing the loving, peaceful path that Jesus taught in your posts.

read my post at the bottom under jarami please and i wasn't trying to take it upon myself to judge i was merely stating that the evil on this earth will stop at nothing to keep in their evil ways i am not one to judge but all of us know there is evil within this world whether it is our place to judge them or not. It is not my place to judge but it is my place to defend myself from those who would kill me. i am not saying to go on the offensive merely stating that if someone wishes to kill you you have the right to defend yourself.

4. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

I think models of humanity called Messengers Prophets who were all reighteous persons like Moses, Krishna, Buddha, Jesus and Muhammad always stood for what is right.

you know what you are right they did stand up for what is right the world just didn't listen which is why we live in the world as it is today

1. profile image0
        Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

@Michael's son.

It takes to take action. Most people hide as you are doing. You're anonymous, aren't you?

However, thankfully, I can say the world is just as it always have been. Some good one. Some bad ones. A lot of ignorance, superstition, and other stuff.

I am anonymous for now i will reveal my identity to the whole world when the time is right and that time is coming very soon. but until then because of corrupt government officials and people of similar nature i must stay anonymous but do not mistake me hiding right now as a lack of action there's a lot of things that have already been put into action and in the very near future i will be on the front lines whether i want to be or not.

1. profile image0
            Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm just curious. Are you a troll?

lol wow that was extremely random and no i am not a troll i am a human being

2. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this
  5. michael's son profile image60

to chinaman: Cheney- maybe Bush- no. the president of the united states doesn't actually have the power everyone thinks he does the president is merely a scapegoat for the messed up things the government does most of which the president has absolutely no say in. so you see president bush was merely a moron the public could blame for everything that happened in which he had no control over. In truth Cheney had more power than bush did because of his connections. yes Bush had a say in some things but not all of them, which is why he is not a wicked man, he is merely a moron.

6. michael's son profile image60

to shortstory: all these things may be true but there was no attack against us therefore no reason for an attack.

1. profile image0

________
      We have an agreement to help our allies. So even if we weren't being attacked, we are to help.

Do you turn your eyes to everything that isn't happening to you?
      Apparently you do.

Move to another country.

well you do bring up a good point with that one but like i said violence isn't the answer the discussion at hand isn't about the war in Iraq its about humanity and trying to bring peace instead of hate. by showing our enemies compassion they begin to understand peace.

1. profile image0

________
          No they won't. Killing those who are not in the Muslim world is an instruction in the Quran and they will not go against it.

They have sworn to utterly destroy the people of Israel.

They have laws that if a woman marries anyone outside the Muslim religion, that they will die. It is called an honor killing.

It is OK to rape a woman, but if she is raped she will go to jail.

They understand only violence.

Those who live by the sword, shall die by the sword

THANK YOU DING DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!

this is why the peaceful cannot be defenseless

2. profile image51

There is no such teaching in Quran. Anybody who thinks that there is one such verse in Quran; such a person should quote such verse with the context, some verses preceding and some verses following, and then should estalbish one's view point.

1. aka-dj profile image65
              aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, so what you are saying is that Muslims DON'T do this sort of thing.

One Muslim threatened to kill me and my family, just because I said something to his wife that made her "unhappy". Sounds pretty violent to me!

good point paar i myself have not read the Quran but i do know that there are individuals like what debora described. Individuals that will never accept peace because they don't want to understand it

Will you shoot them?

first of all i am completely against guns i believe they make it to easy to kill. While i believe that it is wrong to kill i also believe that if it is going to be done there should be some sort of honor code. and second i would never kill an individual unless they were trying to kill me. what i am trying to say here is that we must bring this world to peace by showing them peace but the peaceful cannot be defenseless if this world is ever going to be brought to peace.

You prefer stoning then?

2. Beelzedad profile image59
                    Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

When you say "we" you must be referring to Christians, and when you say "the peaceful" you must also be referring to Christians.

Is this correct?

If so, then based on your claim that one "defends" themselves by killing someone who is going to kill them, you are inferring that Christians need to "defend" themselves. But, if Christians are actively going out to "bring this world to peace" then they are not defending themselves as they are the perpetrators of bringing this so-called peace.

In other words, you wish to do what Christians were trying to do during the Crusades and the Inquisition. smile

2. aka-dj profile image65
                  aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Who, me?

Is that all you think of? Killing?

Of me, of all people?

Oh, I get it. It's a form of irony, right? lol lol lol

No dj - I was not speaking to you. As you could not be bothered to read the conversation between myself and Michael's son. it will not make any sense to you.

3. profile image0

“Whoever seeks other than Islam as his religion, it will not be accepted from him, and in the hereafter he will be with the losers”

“Slay the idolators [non-Muslims] wherever ye find them, and take them captive, and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush.

Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the last Day…. Go forth, light-armed and heavy-armed, and strive with your wealth and your lives in the way of Allah! (Sura 9:5,29,41).

The Jews are to be eliminated

Sura 5:51: “O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: they are but friends and protectors to each other. And he among you that turns to them for friendship is of them.” This friendship makes any Muslim a enemy of their own and deserving of the same fate as the unbeliever. This is because God does not guide an unjust people.

Sura 4:89 “seize them and slay them wherever you find them: and in any case take no friends or helpers from their ranks.”

Sura 9.123 “O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you”

Sura 9.73 “O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites and be unyielding to them; and their abode is hell, and evil is the destination.”

Sura 2:190-292 “Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits, for Allah does not love transgressors. And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out: For tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; But fight them not at the sacred Mosque unless they first fight you there; But if they fight you, Slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress
              faith.”

Do you want more?

wow what a screwed up religion, of course then again most forms of organized religion are messed up in their own ways. this is why we cannot be followers we must be leaders- leaders of ourselves. We must also teach others to become leaders unto themselves. Do not press any forms of religion on anyone, rather teach them to truly find what they believe in, not what you believe in. AND STOP USING RELIGION AS A TOOL FOR WAR.

7. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

To do what is right the righteous must commit a few sins against the wicked.

= = = -
      I can agree with what you say to an extent. BUT

I was raised in the bible belt. I watched the first colored children entering the high school in Little Rock Arkansas.      I lived just a few blocks away.

I was in tenth grade when the first colored children enrolled into my school.

I watched Martin Luther King lead a non violent war on the unrighteousness  of  prejudice in the south.
      He preached against retaliation of any kind.

How many acts of maryterdom does one retalitory act erase?

If a non violent movement  retaliates;  it is no longer nonviolent  !!   their precepts are divided …       
    AND WILL FAIL  !!!

Civil rights in America advanced because of the total nonviolent policies lead by that Mr. King.

But to be totaly honest; everyone knew that the Black Panthers were waiting in the background.

I am very glad that the Black Panthers were not called to the rescue in the advancement of civil rights.  Because had they been called to action, civil rights would not have advanced.
       Posibly a role reversal ?  but civil rights for everyone would have suffered a great set back.

to be honest i agree with you completely. BUT the truly wicked have no heart and show zero compassion for the passive. They perceive violence as power because that is what they were taught.  yes some of these individuals can be brought to peace by showing them peace but not all of them. This world is greedy and doesn't care about the needs of week, all they care about is money and power. This is why certain individuals must be wiped from the earth if peace will ever exist. the bible does say that is is wrong to kill but it also says that those that kill should be killed. Sounds a bit hypocritical doesn't it? But the bible is right to an extent, those that are truly wicked and heartless will never learn because they don't want to. And fyi the movement i lead is a passive one but it cannot stay passive because of the war that has already begun. If this movement stayed passive forever not only would we be wiped from the earth but the human race would in turn wipe itself from the face of this beautiful planet because of the lack of compassion that those truly evil individuals have. I do not wish this war on humanity but it must come if peace is ever going to be attained. I wish it could be different i really do but the human race doesn't want peace they want war and that's what they will bring to us and we must defend ourselves. The week die every day and i feel for them every 23 seconds another CHILD dies of starvation. Now think about how many people die every minute because they have no food. all of these people are starving and the corrupt individuals in charge of running their countries are in mansions and never have to worry about having anything to eat. the corrupt do not care about the week which is why this war must exist. We could remain peaceful through and through but we would all be killed, then how far are we from peace?

1. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...  then how far are we from peace?  You ask.

If what I believe is true; we will be right up against it.
        Smothered  in it.
          If we die in peaceful resistance we will have attained our ultimate goal. The goal in which you speak is never seen by those that paid the price, but for those that are left behind.

To die for what we believe in, is to arrive at our desired destination.   
          When we kill for what we believe in, we have this in common with our opposition.

of this you are correct but i do not only desire peace for those that live for this cause i want peace for the whole planet and this planet can never be peaceful if all of the truly peaceful people die this world will never learn if we don't show them we must show them peace for peace to be shown to us but the truly corrupt will never show peace and because of that the peaceful can no longer be passive.  i would gladly give my life for this cause i would die happy knowing that i died trying to bring this world to peace but what happens to those that are left behind in this world, the ones who never asked for any part in this war. The evil take the war to them because the peaceful did not stand up and fight. I am not afraid to take a stand for what i believe in even if it means giving my own life but the death of peaceful individuals does not bring peace it only leaves this world colder and that is what i hope to prevent.

8. were67 profile image55
    were67posted 13 years ago

then how far are we form peace and  if what i beliveve and then...... and the people will love us for it.

your right this isn't about beliefs its about love and acceptance. And yes the whole world would see our sacrifice and thank us but there thanks will be silenced by those who feel no compassion. no matter how hard you try, peace will never come to a world filled with hatred unless we stand up for our cause and take a stand against these corrupted individuals. and I'm not saying to kill them right off the get-go I'm saying to try to bring all of mankind to peace in a passive manor and only if this fails-and it will- do we get rid of those individuals.

9. Jerami profile image58

If this world belongs to God, I believe that things are going according to his plan.  And we know nothing about what that is.
       Our battles are from within ourselves.

Every time that I have ever become angered towards someone; if I stop and truly examine WHY their actions angered me so? I always found my self guilty of either the same behavior or something similar to.

We tend to really hate someone that is more advanced in our sin than we are ourselves. The competitive nature of mankind has no boundaries.

those are some very wise words my friend i feel the exact same way and I'm beginning to take that advise myself as i have for years. I just didn't apply it to this situation. thank you, you have helped me to look within myself and learn from my mistakes and the mistakes of my brothers. I now see that peace is given when peace is shown and i wish to lead a peaceful resistance to all the leaders of this corrupt planet. yes many of us will die but eventually the world will see that we die for what we believe in because it is possible. THANK YOU ALL FOR HELPING THIS MAN SEE THAT WHICH HE WAS BLINDING HIMSELF FROM. violence is never the answer no matter the circumstance and i see that now. thank you very much my brothers and sisters, my fellow human beings. If anyone feels the way i now do about this situation i beg you to join my cause help us bring this world to peace in a peaceful way, help this world be that which it was destined to become- a planet of peace and light and love.

Geeze I'm in tears now lol

1. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hope that you always find peace my brother.

thank you my friend and i wish the same for you and everyone in the universe as well. for one can not merely hope to find peace within themselves, they must learn how to find peace in existence as well.

10. Jerami profile image58

I believe that the battle of Armageddon as seen in Johns vision can be said to be symbolic. The gathering to battle may have already happened as can be witnessed in every aspect of life.
      Whether Armageddon is symbolically or literally at the door?; this would mean that all of the prophesy concerning the seals, trumpets and bowls have all been fulfilled except for the seventh trumpet and seventh bowl.

If this was not so, according to prophesy, life as we know it will continue at least for another 1119 years.

Jerami

According to prophesy, life as we know it will continue at least for another 1119 years. Where?

Michael’s son

Your right, a non religious group like Buddhism would have a more peaceful way,  even some atheists say that also.

I have had a gun, pointed at my head, a couple of times in my travels and some how, I know what I wound do.

Let me ask both Jerame and Michael"s ,

If a Muslim person held a gun to your head and would shoot you, if you answered him that you are a Christian? Then also told you to convert to Muslim or die?

Would you lie about being a Christian and convert to Muslim?

OR

Tell the truth and die?

I for one choose to tell the truth and die because at least you would die an honest person. If you lied to save yourself then what would your life mean?

I do not believe that this prophecy foretells the end of life just the end of life as we know it. This war has already started whether we like it or not and now is the time to stand up and show this world true love and compassion. without love we will be lost to "Armageddon" . Show your fellow man compassion and love in this time of war as mother Teressa did. By giving of ourselves selflessly we can show this world compassion and love and win this symbolic war.

11. Jerami profile image58

Jerami

According to prophesy, life as we know it will continue at least for another 1119 years.
    - - - - -
    Castlepaloma ask ...Where?

=== = = =
       There isn't a short answer. But I will attempt to give an abbreviated  version.
       According to what is written ...  Jesus arrives in heaven and opens the seal judgments.
       After the seventh seal is opened there is a period of time that passes BEORE the trumpets are even given out.
       In chapter 13 the "Best" (organization)  comes into being.
    God has given forty two (prophetic) months.
    The dragon gives his power and his seat to this "Beast". (Organization)

At some later time the Dragon is bound for a thousand years.
    After the thousand years is accomplished the dragon is released for a little season to gather together the kings of the earth for battle

Here is the kicker ...(Rev 16:12)  When the sixth trumpet is sounded, the dragon, the Beast and false Prophet are seen in the dried up river bed,  spirits come out of their mouths to gather the kings of the earth together to the battle of that great day of the Lord.

This would mean that the 1000 years are contained within the 42 months that was given to the beast to blaspheme.

For this reason Most believers swear that these are two different battles, NOT !

Back to chapter 11:7 and the two witnesses.
      The beast that rises up out of the bottomless pit makes war with these two witnesses
      V. 15   And the seventh angel sounded. ...  and the kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of his Christ. This indicates that the dragon, beast , and false prophet are still here between the sixth and seventh trumpet being sounded.

This is a little tricky as written the way that this is written, There are a dozen references such as this one that points to the 1000 years being contained within the 42 months.   
       So,  if the 7 seals and 6 trumpets and 6 bowls have not been fulfilled, we would still have quite some time left.

Unfortunately,  that is not the case.

12. Jerami profile image58

If a Muslim person held a gun to your head and would shoot you, if you answered him that you are a Christian? Then also told you to convert to Muslim or die?

Would you lie about being a Christian and convert to Muslim?

OR

Tell the truth and die?

- - - -

I would hope that I would have the courage to say ...
    That I believe in the same God of Abraham that he processes to believe in.  And that I could not honestly profess to worship any religion but the God of Abraham only. And if I was still alive I would explain something similar to what I just posted above.
      But can we ever know for sue what we might do before that time comes upon us?

well my own personal beliefs are not exactly christian but what my beliefs are does not matter in that situation because i am not Muslim. and to answer your question: no we cannot know what we would do for sure until it happens but we can prepare ourselves for such a situation by searching within ourselves for what our answer is. by seeking enlightenment and wisdom we will find ourselves. once we have found ourselves, we are able to have a personal relationship with "God". It is through this personal relationship with "God" that we can have the courage and faith to become martyrs and saints.

Jerami and michael's son

The real Question is what sin is worst suicide or lying.

The bible claims we are all born sinners and many think the end is near.
        Good sense tells me what to do; suicide and the end of the world are game over and a sin.

God will forgive you for that kind of lie, since everybody lies in degrees

how is that suicide you aren't killing yourself, someone else is and they are killing you for what you believe in. if you deny what you believe in then what is the point in believing in it?

You are not making sense, I 'm better to let be.

what doesn't make sense? please clarify so i can try to help people understand.

Your not alone, most Christian’s answer they would not lie about the Muslim with the gun, too.

It just seems to be insane to prepare your whole life to meet the lord, and according to the good book, it’s most likely you will meet Lord Satan.
                I think your intent is well, but I’m very disappointed with Christian’s attitude continuing to lead wars and greed to make it hell on earth.

First off i never said i was a christian. second off read my hub titled: enlightenment

you will find how i feel to be quite different than what it appears you have perceived.

and you do bring up another good subject. people not practicing what they preach. That has been a problem since the dawn of time. And while i may not always be as wise as the words i write, i do always try to be a better person. The measure of a man is not his words, rather it is his actions. I try my hardest every day to be the best possible person i can be. This includes patience, forgiveness, humility, love, and the list goes on......

Your posts seems misleading, all people  are the same to me, anyways.

13. dragonrainsd13 profile image59
    dragonrainsd13posted 13 years ago

I have to say i have not a single clue as to what your trying to say. granted the bible is stolen rites and practices to begin with and not at all original in it's current format. first it 'borrowed' as 'open mined' Catholics like to say from the pagan people where yes women held a lot more clout but they were still equal with men. "God" as written in the 'holy' bible was from terrified men who banded together, later starting more crusades and other things that caused more murder then any other cult or group in the history as written. in one part kill them they disagree but in the back of most but not all bibles say thou shall not kill. Interesting fact is most of the things mentioned are nothing more then hipocracy at it finest. "peace" is subject to change in perception according to the 'winner'.

as a side note i am not picking solely on Catholics but other denominations are built off of it period. Righteous is a awful word to ever use...it says if you don't agree with me you are wrong no exceptions. again your article goes in circles with to many factors with varying concepts, you have not backed it with any history that is non-partial.

there is absolutely no such thing as history that is non partial just as the bible as it is today is not what it was when it was first written. mankind has spent so much time being self-righteous that none of us know what actually happened in the past. and yes righteous is a terrible term to use but it has only become that way because of the way mankind has abused the term. and yes in my original post i abused this term as well. I am always growing, constantly becoming a new person and i have changed a few times just since i posted the original topic. and peace isn't a matter of perception, not true peace anyways. yes there has been many over the years like Hitler that have fought for their ideal of peace but very few have actually stood up to bring true peace to the world around them.

14. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 13 years ago

The Hebrew scriptures say that Elohim will destroy Israel's enemies.
    Not those who don't believe like the Jews..those who fight against and hurt the Jews.

15. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

my parachute is open, who tells me when to jump

1. Hotplate profile image60
      Hotplateposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have a parachute too.  IT's only been used once, but has never been opened.  It does have a small stain on it though.

you tell yourself when but if you never jump you will never be able to experience the rush of wisdom that follows.

Jumping requires a conscious mind. A conscious mind will evaluate it from all aspects then discern wisdom before jumping.

Fear of the unknown will make one afraid to jump. Once all is learned about jumping, then fear takes a backseat. Only the experience is left to learn from.

2. qwark profile image60

Michael:
        Evidently you haven't jumped yet!  smile:
        Qwark

16. profile image51

Sura 5:51

Please give five preceding and five following verses and then prove your view point.

17. profile image51

Please give five preceding and five following verses of Sura 4:89 for the context and then prove your view point.

1. profile image0

_________
      It implies the same thing. Either join you or be killed.

4:88
      Sahih International
      What is [the matter] with you [that you are] two groups concerning the hypocrites, while Allah has made them fall back [into error and disbelief] for what they earned. Do you wish to guide those whom Allah has sent astray? And he whom Allah sends astray - never will you find for him a way [of guidance].
      Muhsin Khan
      Then what is the matter with you that you are divided into two parties about the hypocrites? Allah has cast them back (to disbelief) because of what they have earned. Do you want to guide him whom Allah has made to go astray? And he whom Allah has made to go astray, you will never find for him any way (of guidance).

4:89
      Sahih International
      They wish you would disbelieve as they disbelieved so you would be alike. So do not take from among them allies until they emigrate for the cause of Allah . But if they turn away, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them and take not from among them any ally or helper.
      Muhsin Khan
      They wish that you reject Faith, as they have rejected (Faith), and thus that you all become equal (like one another). So take not Auliya' (protectors or friends) from them, till they emigrate in the Way of Allah (to Muhammad SAW). But if they turn back (from Islam), take (hold) of them and kill them wherever you find them, and take neither Auliya' (protectors or friends) nor helpers from them.

4;90
      Sahih International
      Except for those who take refuge with a people between yourselves and whom is a treaty or those who come to you, their hearts strained at [the prospect of] fighting you or fighting their own people. And if Allah had willed, He could have given them power over you, and they would have fought you. So if they remove themselves from you and do not fight you and offer you peace, then Allah has not made for you a cause [for fighting] against them.
      Muhsin Khan
      Except those who join a group, between you and whom there is a treaty (of peace), or those who approach you with their breasts restraining from fighting you as well as fighting their own people. Had Allah willed, indeed He would have given them power over you, and they would have fought you. So if they withdraw from you, and fight not against you, and offer you peace, then Allah has opened no way for you against them.

1. profile image51

Please give ten or eleven connected verses, five preceding and five following as requested and then prove your view point yourself, if you are really interested to know the meaning of  the verse.

1. profile image0

_______
          Why, when the Quran says what I have posted?
          You said to post verses that say it is OK to kill those who do not believe like the Muslims and I did.

I can't post the whole Quran

1. profile image51

I just said to quote ten or eleven connected verses with the verse in question and then prove your point from the passage; you don't have to quote the whole Quran.

Thanks

Okay look the point isn't what the scripture says the point is that there are individuals out there who do use religion as a tool for war. whether that religion actually is saying to slaughter others or not is irrelevant. There will always be people who will try to use religion as a weapon, no matter whether that religion preaches what those individuals do or not. We must stop this from happening people need to stop using religion as a weapon and learn to accept each others differences. Think back to when you were a kid. Did you beat another kid up because they didn't like firetrucks and you did? If you did you were a very mean child lol. the point is that we can learn from our children. Learn to accept each others differences, do not condemn your fellow man because of their beliefs. Do not condemn your fellow man at all for that matter. Hate only brings more hatred, while love brings love in return.

18. profile image51

To understand the true meaning of a word; one should see its context in the sentence; and to understand a sentence one should see the entire passage or the chapter or the book
    Please give five preceding and five following verses of Sura 9.123 for the context and then prove your view point.

19. Greek One profile image62
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

don't forget about the verses of Chaka Khan!

20. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Before you jump off the proverbial cliff and attempt change. It might be a good start if you laid out a path that you think is the direction of the future.

This half baked idea- that Revelations of the Bible is making reference to anything going on presently in society, among the citizens of the world is precisely that. It's not even baked enough to give it credit or value.

The ramblings of what Paul could devise is what makes up the NT. It's worse than the OT, which is false in it's ideology to begin with, just like Jesus has stated. Jesus forewarned of those who were practicing religion, at his time. They follow a false idol.

The NT is a pure fabrication of politics gone awry within religion. Half the stuff in the NT offer little insight to anything, except to contradict the OT. It was the "church's" way to maintain control over the followers, because too many people were failing to believe in the doctrines set forth by religion. Religion doesn't evolve or change, because it's wrong to begin with.

While i believe that most of what you have said is true, if you truly take a look at Revelations and then take a look at the world around you, you will find some extremely scary "coincidences". And as far as religion being wrong goes, it is the ideal of organized religion that is wrong, not religion itself. we should not dictate the beliefs of others, nor should we let them dictate what we believe in. We should not wish to change the beliefs of others, rather we should wish to understand them. by understanding what others believe in, we can further our own beliefs. We need to learn to accept our fellow human beings for who they are so we can begin to love them for who they are.

I would say that you are mistaking "Coincidences", for things that are similar. It is not coincidence that which has brought the human species to where they are now presently. Specific horrific steps were taken, while riddle the path that we(humanity) left behind and continue to repeat. This can be determined, that a cause is the root of the problem. A simple chain-reaction has created that path.

If you take "religion", either way you choose- mystic form or definition "to be religious by ritual", then you would be mistaken again. The mystic form of religion is based on deception, guilt and lies. The word "religion", only specifies that one takes part in rituals, for some reason or another. Both are meaningless. Rituals, are mid-evil stone aged philosophy to solving problems.

The problem is no one is trying to dictate their beliefs to anyone. Beliefs are personal to the individual. Should not be spoken, unless in a specific time and place. Such as, I believe the Red Sox will win next years World Series. It doesn't make it fact. No belief is fact or truth for that matter. If it were truth, then there would be no reason for a belief, because the person would ultimately know it for certain.

Doing so would ignore the damage caused by the beliefs held. Irrational beliefs have no place in a rational world.
        Understanding what other people believe...is actually disturbing on many levels. It's been seen, reviewed, thought out, and rejected. In a rational world that has civilized people in it, then people must first learn "HOW" to form a belief in the first place and how NOT to. People believe in some of the most absurd things, yet have no sight into their own life. How is that for insanity?
        You really believe what you just said here? I certainly hope not. The easiest path is to love yourself. By doing so, the path is simple- good actions that either benefit you or someone else- brings peace of mind, self esteem, self improvement, growth, compassion and eventually love. Once you experience Love for self, then you'll also find that you'll love all those around you. Which, brings acceptance.

But, I do have to say, it's been interesting. wink Enjoy.

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING ANYTHING
          Ok people I posted this at the beginning of the journey i have shared with you all, my journey into enlightenment do not judge others at all and don't judge me by anything that i have said here. The greatest thing about life is that it is a journey and on this journey we are constantly changing and becoming a new person so that eventually we can actually know how to live. If you do still wish to pass judgment at least give my page a good read and don't just simply judge me by what one of my hubs say read them all if you wish to judge me even if judgment of others is wrong, if your going to do it at least make sure you have the facts first.

Hey Michael's son,

You fail to grasp, everyone has a right to judge actions. When you realize the importance of that on life, then come back and see again.

Until then, do try to use online etiquette whenever possible. Enjoy. smile

do you have the right to judge whether what i do is right or not no you dont only Jah has that right thank you we are not to judge our brothers on their actions we are to help our brothers, not be hypocrites

Like I said- before, yet you come back with this remark/post?

You fail to realize that you refuse to hold yourself accountable, therefore, you give other people the right to judge.

You say that you'll be judged, after your dead by some god of some sort. It's hogwash conjecture irrationality at best.

The only Laws that are required to follow is those that which are laid out either by government or conscience.

If you follow your conscience then the laws of government are moot.

If you follow only government laws and leave your conscience aside of the mix, then you would fail the most basic understanding of life- to know thyself.

So, Yes! I will judge your actions and whether or not, they are good or bad. How can I? Easy, because I understand how a conscience works and what it's job is.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)