Eagles vs. Vikings - Giants Fans Rooting For Eagles?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (16 posts)
  1. I am DB Cooper profile image64
    I am DB Cooperposted 13 years ago

In a weird end-of-the-season anomaly, the current convoluted NFC playoff scenario dictates that Giants playoff hopes are increased by the Eagles winning tonight's game against the Vikings. This is one of the rare times when the Giants will root for the Eagles to win in a game that isn't against an NFC East opponent.

By winning tonight's game, the Eagles will be 11-4, the same record as the Chicago Bears. If they lose tonight's game, they'll be 10-5 and will give the Bears the second seed in the NFC and a first round bye. The Giants want the Eagles tied with the Bears going into the final week because that will give the Bears something to play for in their game on Sunday against the Packers. The Giants need the Bears to beat the Packers, and the Giants need to win their own game against the Redskins (which they should be able to do) to grab a playoff berth. If the Bears don't need to win to get the #2 seed, expect them to rest a lot of their starters early, especially since they'll be playing with just 4.5 days of rest.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

that is logical, hope tonight's game will be as exciting as last nights game bet Atl and NO
      Joe Webb will start tonight for the Vikings as Favre will not play, let us see,

1. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image71
        EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'll be surprised if the excitement isn't over by halftime.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
          prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm, Vick felt the lost and like Shari said he really felt bad about it, humble. They are out of the first round bye now.

Webb showed a big play and Vikes defense is great last night.

Yeah, I was surprised. :^)

2. bogerk profile image70
      bogerkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am a Green Bay Packers fan and I am completely torn with this game.

On one hand I want the Philadelphia Eagles to lose so that the Chicago Bears rest their starters a little next week against Green Bay.

On the other hand, I want the Philadelphia Eagles to win tonight and next week, so that if we beat the Chicago Bears next week we would play them in the first round of the playoffs.

Really, the only team in the NFC I am really afraid of as a Packers fan is the Philadelphia Eagles.

2. livewithrichard profile image72
    livewithrichardposted 13 years ago

I'm hoping the Vikings do well tonight. If Vick scores less than 30 fantasy points then I win my league championship.  Plus, I'm a Chicagoan and really want a first round bye.

1. Michael Willis profile image67
      Michael Willisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Vick scored enough for me to win one of my fantasy championships. I won that league by 3 points. I was getting worried with all his turnovers.

In my other league championship game, I was hoping Vick did not go scoring crazy. My opponent had Vick and Jackson. I won that one also.(by 44 points)

1. Tammy L profile image69
        Tammy Lposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats Michael on winning your fantasy leagues championships.

As the spouse of a Packers fan, I am hoping Rodgers not being selected to the Pro Bowl (which I think he should have been) will motivate him to lead the Pack to win next week.  And by the Packers winning next week, they should be in the playoffs.  And I absolutely despise the Vikings (not as much as I despise the Ravens).  That being said, I was pulling for the Eagles.

2. livewithrichard profile image72
        livewithrichardposted 13 years agoin reply to this

QB    
        Michael Vick
        (Phi - QB) New player notes   projected    actual
            Min     L, 24-14     23.56        21.82

WooHoo  I won my fantasy league Championship by 9 pts coming from 4th place at the end of week 14.  Yea I was worried because my opponent had Vick last night.  I have to say, Vick has played better this season than I have ever seen him play.  I'm just glad he through those picks last night. 

Bears, Falcons, Steelers, and Patriots all have first round byes.

Wild Card scenario/predictions:

AFC Jets win over KC and Baltimore wins over Indi

NFC Giants win over Eagles and Saints win over Rams

Second Round predictions:

NFC Bears beat Giants and Falcons beat Saints

AFC Baltimore upsets Patriots and Steelers beat Jets

NFC Championship

Bears beat Falcons  smile

AFC Championship

Baltimore beats Steelers

Super Bowl

Not the way I want it but Baltimore wins over Bears!

These are my predictions and I'm sticking to them smile

1. Michael Willis profile image67
          Michael Willisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow, interesting predictions!  Especially the NY Giants over the Eagles. It is hard for any team to win 3 times to one team in a season. The Giants would be on a mission if they face the Eagles again.
          And the Vikes showed how to slow Vick last night. (and he is beat up with all those hits he's been taking)

I haven't worked out my playoff predictions yet; working on them though.

The Eagles have some issues with their O-line which is part of the reason they stuck with Vick over Kolb. He's been getting beat up for about three weeks now and it could be their downfall in the playoffs.

That "it's hard to beat a team three times in one season" mantra is more hype and lack of opportunity than realty, BTW.

3. LakeShow T profile image74
    LakeShow Tposted 13 years ago

Vikings win.

Who would have ever thought the Bears would not only win the NFC North, but also secure a first round bye. Congrats to them on a resourceful season. They've played a very tough schedule as well, so props to them. With that said, I still do not think they will be able to beat anyone in the playoffs other than the NFC West winner and they will almost certainly not have to play them because they (Stl/Sea) won't make it out of the first round.

They could beat the Packers, Bucs, or the Giants, whichever one gets in (Green Bay). They've already beaten the Eagles and Jets. They could beat Kansas City and Indy, even though they aren't likely to play them in the playoffs. I think they could give the Saints and Falcons a solid challenge and it wouldn't be outrageous for them to beat them.

I don't think they can get to the Super Bowl, because I don't think Cutler can go that long without imploding, but they are a solid team, otherwise.

4. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 13 years ago

Never thought I would actually be rooting for the Eagles and for sure I wasnt rooting for them tonight for the Giants sake.  Seeing the QB that Vick is (thank you bogerk) , is reason enough for me to cheer them on.  It was hard watching Vicks press conference, I could feel his pain. Hi 'humbility' was moving to say the least. He assumed his role as a leader and put the loss on his shoulders. Bottom line is now I will have to endure seeing Brady become the MVP.

For the 3rd seed Eagles now I think they need to concentrate on 2 things. . Jan. 8 or 9 against they will play the Giants, Packers or Buccaneers ..that gives them a week and a half to figure out how to protect their QB who was sacked six times tonight (hit on countless more plays than that). If Vick isnt at his best the Eagles have no shot. I hope for all you Phillie fans Reid rests Him and gives him the 10 days to heal.

5. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image71
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 13 years ago

The Giants won't even make the playoffs, let alone beat the Eagles.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)