Pregnancy...

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (36 posts)
  1. Julie2 profile image60
    Julie2posted 13 years ago

WOMEN - How did you feel the first time you found out you were pregnant?  MEN - How did you feel when you found out she was pregnant?

Julie2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'll start,
      I was 20 years old and scared. I was not married to my daughters father at that time. We had just broken up when I found out I was pregnant. It was tough to go thru the pregnancy alone. My mother wasn't a happy camper either, she was and still is a very strict person. She felt that I was an embarrassment and that I brought shame to her. She was so upset at me and stopped speaking to me too. I was a mess.

2. Myra Tylor profile image60
      Myra Tylorposted 13 years agoin reply to this

happy and thrilled. when my daughter was born, I think i am the happiest person in the world and also my husband treats me well and he takes care of me day and night

smile

1. Myra Tylor profile image60

i also think pregancy is the unique experience for women and women should enjoy this processure

3. Greek One profile image62
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i thought "FINALLY!"

and then for the next 9 months i thought "oh my God I hope it goes OK"

.and then after the birth, I thought "Will I ever sleep again!?!?"

I can not remember the last time I had a full nights sleep either! lol
        I'm sure it exists...

2. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

I am too old, I don't remember tongue

Oh Misha you know that is something you don't forget smile

1. Misha profile image62
        Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's what YOU don't forget. Men, especially the youngsters with a bunch of other higher level priorities don't take it that seriously. Besides, they don't have even a remote idea how dramatically this is going to change their whole life LOL - but this equally refers to guys and gals though. smile

that is exactly why I asked the question to both men and women. You are right when it comes to alot of the teenage boys and younger men now a days. They are very lucky that shot gun weddings aren't forced onto people now as they were way back when. That would definitely scare them a bit.

2. fits3x100 profile image58
      fits3x100posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Contemplative, curious, and scared. I was still a kid in so many ways. All of the stages of life so far have held the same reverence or fear perhaps. They don't come with owners manuals, and this morning you were someones kid, soon someone is going to be yours. Marriage, much  the same. The death of your last parent...all of a sudden your the last word...where's my manual?!?

I would have loved to have had a manual. I was way to young and broken. I am just glad that I was strong enough to deal with all of the nonsense I was put thru by my mom and his family. Don' get me wrong, I never disrespected them I just didn't agree with what they kept telling me to do. It was constant put downs and always telling me to have an abortion. I surprised myself when I stood up to them all, with grace and calm of course. You never know what you are capable of overcoming.

3. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Senile already, you handsome devil??

1. Misha profile image62
        Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Looks like that. I even don't remember exactly how many years back it was... 26? 27? big_smile

3. anniedee profile image62
    anniedeeposted 13 years ago

I was definitely still a kid, but I was nothing aside from excited. It's the best thing that's ever happened to me, but I was lucky enough to be married to an amazing guy who is now an amazing dad.

Oh anniedee you were blessed. I married her father for all the wrong reasons and wound up getting divorced 9 years later. I was raised in a single parent household and wanted to give her what I didn't have. Big mistake! So many of us sacrifice our happiness for our children and all it does is make things worse at the end.

I am very happy now with my current husband. He has been my blessing aside from my children. smile yey

4. TahoeDoc profile image77
    TahoeDocposted 13 years ago

I was thrilled. I was 35 and trying to get pregnant. I had put off everything for so many years to finish my education and medical training and was ready to start living "real" life. Thrilled to be pregnant.

I'm glad I have the medical training but my boys come first.

I'm so happy for you. It is so great that you were able to become pregnant when you were ready. Having that medical training helps with parenting too which is also a plus! lol

5. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I was 19, married, and scared to death! And I don't scare easily! lol

1. Myra Tylor profile image60

it is a happy experience, i think. why you are so scared?

1. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I guess because I was so young and knew nothing about taking care of a baby. My second and third pregnancies were great - after the morning sickness!

I was a bit more calm when I found out I was pregnant with my third. I guess it was because my current husband was actually happy about having his first child. Unlike my first husband who could care less.

6. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

I was VERY excited as we were trying for a few months. I still remember the moment and can picture exactly where I was, in my bedroom in our house in the woods. I was one of those fanatics who loved being pregnant, at least, most of the time... my husband was also very excited.

1. profile image0
      ssaulposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i was thrilled and excited and nervous and scare at the same time. After i give birth it was the best ever until now, every day my son does something that i am so proud of.

smile

7. cardelean profile image86
    cardeleanposted 13 years ago

I was on cloud nine.  My husband and I had been trying for two years to get pregnant and were finally successful with fertility treatments.  I am actually new to hubpages and did one of my first hubs on my pregnancy, it is called A Journey into Motherhood.  Great question!

Thank you cardelean. I have heard and read that these treatments are very expensive.  I am really happy that it finally happened for you and your husband. smile

1. Butterfly79 profile image61
        Butterfly79posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey there.

I'm new to this site and don't know where to post a question. I'm 31 and not sure what to look for when you are pregnant? I been told by a few people not to  worry to much I been having some odd and things happen I never felt befor oh felt it but now I do and I'm bleeding just enough to have to were a pad is that a good sign oh bad I never been pregnant before so I don't know the sign I took two test three days a part like the test said and it was showing I'm not So can I get some help here Thank you.

If you mean that you were pregnant and then began to bleed then it isn't a good thing. You really need to get checked right away to make sure that you did not have a miscarriage.

8. Str8up Hookups profile image40
    Str8up Hookupsposted 13 years ago

I was in denial.

I had been trying with a fiance,receiving fertility injections but nothing.We parted ways about a year later I started seeing this guy and it was a very nice relationship.

Went to family function and wasn't allowed to drink because everyone stated I was glowing and that I was pregnant.

Told everyone I wasn't pregnant,so I thought we head to Walgreens I thought to get liquor and that's what I bought my godmother bought a pregnancy test,told me I couldn't drink til I took the test.

The test was positive.

I still didn't believe it,so the next day I called my Ob-Gyn told him about test,he asked what maker Fact,said same one we use in the office. And you don't think you're pregnant I said no.
    He told me to go to lab and give blood,we'll check it out.

I went to lab,three days later he calls me at home to tell me Congrats! You're having a baby!!!

It wasn't easy I was put on light duty at work and had a c-section but I wouldn't change it for the world.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Wow. I am so happy for you.

9. Lupozee profile image60
    Lupozeeposted 13 years ago

I remember I had to wait till 10pm when i got home from work to take the test with my husband...to be honest we both were doing it for fun thinking ok in late by a few days or so and I had recently bought a test for my sister in law and had one spare so we used it...............It came back POSITIVE!!!!
    we were both shocked, happy and confused all at the same time....
    Its part of my culture that we dont tell anyone apart from parents and siblings until the first scan! I couldnt wait to tell everyone and finally i saw my little baby on the scan monitor and was just so amazed that this was so real, that i was going to be a mummy smile

had a brilliant pregnancy not so much a good labour but all worth it in the end when u get to see your babys face.
    we kept the sex of the baby a surprise and believe me when we saw it was a boy it was defo a surprise.
    Loved being pregnant smile

OMG, that is hilarious! You guys took the test as a joke and the joke was on you... TOO CUTE smile

I understand what you mean about not telling anyone before the first sono. We believe in not telling anyone until we pass the first trimester. This makes it easier incase anything negative happened with the pregnancy.

Congrats to you both!

10. Soquira profile image59
    Soquiraposted 13 years ago

Honestly? I had a complete and utter panic attack. Sure I had moved out of my house and I am still in a stable relationship with the father, it was terrifying. I found out two months after graduating high school - right before I had planned on starting college.

It's not so bad now. The thing that worries me now is giving birth more than anything but at the time, I had no clue what we would do.

11. Nicole Breit profile image59
    Nicole Breitposted 13 years ago

I felt "different" the next day and found out I was pregnant a few weeks later. I felt excited but also anxious as I'd already suffered a pregnancy loss. As time went on the anxiety went away and I felt full of adrenalin all the time...I found it hard to sleep as I physically felt excited, heart racing, mind racing, etc. And of course, thrilled to meet my baby...couldn't sleep for a few days after the birth, which was amazing.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)