Hubpages Newbie Guide To Making Money Hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)
  1. lesterd2009 profile image61
    lesterd2009posted 13 years ago

Hello Guys..

I read many topics on the forums about hubbers that want to know why they are not making any money on hubpages and so I decided to put a small guide to help those new hubbers learn about creating successful hubs that are designed to make money.

"Steps To Create A Money Making Hub"

#1: Before even thinking about writing a hub, the most important thing is research, research, research, your best friend is Google, try to write for small niches that are easily to rank for and review your competition on the top 10 results for the keywords you wish to rank for.I recommend long tail keywords that much more easy to rank for for example:

how to clean your car, how to make a paper plane..

those are long tail keywords that have less competition.

#2 Once you found a small niche you want to write about, research the competition for the top 10 results I recommend you use Firefox SEO Xrays, which allows you to see how many backlinks you will need to beat your competition, if the number is not too high over 50-100 then you can go for it, with time and effort you can beat your competition, also make sure the PR on the websites are not higher than 3.

#3 Now you are ready to make your hub, the first thing is your title, make sure you use the exact keyword phrases on your title, first sentence and tags. for example if you are going to make your hub about " how to make a paper plane" this is how you should do it.

Title- How To Make A Paper Plane

Your first sentence of every hub can work like the meta description on a normal site since you dont have access to html in each hub, this is the best way to add meta description to a hub.

First Sentence of the hub: If you want to know how to make a paper plane then...........

Lastly, you need to add at least 5 tags to your hubs in this case for our example:

Tags: how to make a paper plane
          learn to make paper plane
          make a paper plane
          paper plane
          how to build a paper plane

#4 Allright, now that you know the basics of pre-building a money making hub, the next step is the writing, try to mention your main keywords in your text at least 3 times, and make your hub at least 400-450 words.

#5 After your finished your writing, is time to get to work, submitted to Twitter & Facebook for an initial push, as it can get crawl by rss feeds and turn into dofollow backlinks, check back 2-5 days after you published you hub and make sure is indexed on google, now is when the backlinking process begins the best way to do this is by using social bookmarking sites for some use socialposter.com

Well, thats it those are the basics the rest is up to you remember treat each hub like a website, a hub requires the same work as a regular website if you want to make money with hubpages you must implement the same techniques needed to rank a niche website.

Hope this tips help many new hubbers and check out some of my hubs for more tips.

Lester

1. ChuckHuckaby profile image41
      ChuckHuckabyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Very good. For SEO, I use Chrome with SEO Quake but I also use some commercial software to check results as well.

The advantage of Hub Pages is that because of the vast number of links coming to the domain, it competes very well in small niches with privately owned sites.

If you can build backlinks to a specific hub, so much the better.

I've used onlywire in the past and also used ping.fm some but I've never seen socialposter.com... thank you for that link!

2. JenOfChicago profile image59
      JenOfChicagoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, this is helpful.  I joined a year ago but didn't start making hubs until a few weeks ago, so I'm looking for all the advice I can get!

2. profile image0
    UrsulaRoseposted 13 years ago

Lester,

Thank you for your words-of-wisdom.

They are very much appreciated (especially by this relative-Newbie Hubber).

3. simeonvisser profile image68
    simeonvisserposted 13 years ago

You should have turned this into a hub smile

4. Grant's World profile image80
    Grant's Worldposted 13 years ago

Lester great information here.
    I didn't know about socialposter.com before this and will check it out.
    I have been on HubPages for almost a year and I still feel like a newbie.

Cheers,
    G.

5. Midnight Oil profile image82
    Midnight Oilposted 13 years ago

Thanks for the timely info as I have reached the 30 hubs posted stage and I going to review them and make certain adjustments in terms of links and tags

6. 1974 profile image68
    1974posted 13 years ago

If you write a unique summary, that will act as the meta description for the search engines.

7. Good Guy profile image83
    Good Guyposted 13 years ago

Hi Lester,

Thanks for sharing your expertise with newbies like me.

I tried to get into "Firefox SEO Xrays"  but couldn't find the site.  Can you please show me how to go to that site?

Thanks in advance

1. lesterd2009 profile image61
      lesterd2009posted 13 years agoin reply to this

First you need to download the plugin for firefox here:

http://tools.seobook.com/firefox/seo-for-firefox.html

then look for xrays plugin in that same website and download it.

Good luck

1. Good Guy profile image83
        Good Guyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Lester,

Sorry I'm such an idiot with the computer.  I kept getting the "SEO book" registration which I did register.  But I think this is not the one that you are talking about.  I have spent a long time trying to figure out, but can't get anywhere near it.  Would you be patient enough to teach me how?

Thanks in advance.

2. Good Guy profile image83
        Good Guyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think I got it now!  I didn't click the prompt on top to enable installing.

Thanks.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)