Zohar

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (61 posts)
  1. hetty frederik profile image60
    hetty frederikposted 14 years ago

THE ZOHAR IN DAILY LIFE.

THE ZOHAR CONTAINS MIRACULOUS READING FOR EVERYBODY IN THIS 
      WORLD.

2. Sanctus Vesania profile image59
    Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years ago

I ate chicken today; it was good.

3. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 14 years ago

It amazes me how when someone is offered a way to create miracles in their life, all they do is scoff at it. It is most definitely those of lower consciousness.

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image65
      AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Either that, or they are commenting on the lack of information two sentences convey... when they may have in fact been interested to know more than that (I had tofu)

4. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

INTERESTING !
    hi Deborah !

1. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hello Tantrum

5. TheGlassSpider profile image65
    TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

Does anyone know where to get a copy of the Zohar that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

1. profile image0

You can read the Zohar free online.

2. profile image0

Bnei Baruch has a downloadable one.
      Type in free Zohar online

1. Daniel Carter profile image63
        Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the helpful info, Deborah. Much appreciated.

6. tantrum profile image60

Maybe Hetty can tell us about the miracles of the Zohar.

7. IntimatEvolution profile image68
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

Some people like to be petty, just to be petty.  It is really annoying sometimes, especially when you are someone who doesn't scoff at everything the opposite side stands for, and personally shows respect their outlook.  It must be a way to get more fans...

8. tantrum profile image60

We can begin with the tree of life and lets make it easy
    1.Sephirot
    Kether: the Unity

Someone can go on ?
    Deborah ?

1. TheAllSeeingEye profile image60
      TheAllSeeingEyeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

http://www.kch42.dial.pipex.com/images/TreeOfLife_bwNames.gif

9. TheAllSeeingEye profile image60
    TheAllSeeingEyeposted 14 years ago

Hit this link for Zohar translation by Rav Michael Laitman, PhD

http://www.pdf-search-engine.com/the-zo … zohar.html

Should help beginners on a spiritual mission.

The only way for humanity to evolve and bring peace on this planet is if we HELP each other instead of HATING each other.

The only WAY is to rise above the lower EDEN. When enough souls have been found and a way of thinking has been reached can we reach zero point and turn this whole ego driven world around for the safe future and good for humanity.

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks !
      I've read the Zohar.
      only trying to engage people in conversation about it. smile

10. TheAllSeeingEye profile image60

The longer we wait with the spiritual ascension our generation is meant to achieve, the greater will be our discomfort.

I think we have read different Zohars ?
      Our generation doesn't have to achieve anything.
      Individuals first have to achieve balance.

Individuals need to understand polarity and duality that is so.

But this is the dilemma,

In the world today or for at least a few thousand years the collective conscious of ALL SOULS has resided in the LOWER EDEN or lower consciousness. On average there is MORE Negativity and fear polluting this world than there is positive and love. This is why the ascension process is vital. It is not about EVERYBODY reaching higher consciousness because polarity is just, it is about reaching zero point of collective consciousness, promoting enough SOULS to override the lower EDEN awareness that of egotism, fear and INDIVIDUALISM in its self.

As soon as you said to me that individuals need to achieve balance, you hit the nail on the head, but for people to achieve balance they need to ascend consciousness and that can only be done by discovering themselves within which will connect souls and bring people together rather than separate souls through self and pushing humanity against each other!

but being in the lower eden ,as you call it, is normal.
          we are in the material world.
          and souls are only energy, which would  override nothing in this stage.
          that there's more negative than positive is a mirage.
          this is a balanced world in the end.
          but in some places Good is less than Evil. And because humans tend to adore 'fear', Evil is shown more than good.
          Nobody's interested in Good.It's boring.
          You only have to watch the news and realise this.

And to 'ascend' is a symbol that doesn't have any meaning in the end. I mean, when you're not more what you are.

1. TheGlassSpider profile image65
            TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am interested in good sad

But it seems to me that Kether is in Malkuth...so you may have a point about the idea of ascension...

Hmmm. I will have to ponder this.

kether is Everywhere.
              but the Sephiroth kether is God.

it's a little bit difficult to understand.
              Maybe this wasn't a good idea.
              lol

2. profile image0

A better way to think of it is that Malkuth means "The Kingdom of spirit is embodied in our flesh"

3. profile image0

The Scriptures say Psalm 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

and John 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

In my hub Kabbalah Concepts I tell you that God is the Macrocosm and we are the Microcosm
              This means that God is everything and we are just like him in miniature.
              Kether being the thought of creation in God's mind , the crown.
              We in miniature have an inward Kether which is the mind..
              In the physical or outward man the Kether is the actual brain.
              Before we can create or invent, it first has to be a thought in our mind. But it is not yet creation. We are still one with the thought of creation.
              The emanations are the thought forms that came from God and finally spilled into Malkuth, the creation itself. The embodiment of God's thoughts. His spoken word.
              Physically, We can bring about a life too, only since we are in the flesh, that life has to come from our own flesh.
              This isn't so with the inward man. The inward man can create the same as God..the spoken words of thoughts.

Does that make sense to you?

Yes smile

2. TheAllSeeingEye profile image60

No the lower EDEN is the Mirage...

The ascension process takes you along a spiritual path crossing the tree of life, delivering oneself from the LOWER EDEN or Illusion to the higher EDEN, the garden of EDEN, the kingdom of heaven. This is the purpose of this material life, this descended existence of each soul.

The lower EDEN is low vibratory of frequency which manifests the physical and solid world around us. This is the mirage, this is the physical expression of self, not the spiritual expression of true self, true essence. Stepping beyond the veil of illusion is the destiny of each lost soul. When one manages this, one frees up their cycle of rebirth in this physical realm.

Could this reality be the physical expression of hell? Especially for those who reside in the ego, self and as you say take in evil and corruption as more fun and labelling good as boring, like the news?

I think heaven can be on earth, but that is determined by higher consciousness of soul within humanity as a whole.

The dark forces throughout history has worked among the minds of good men to bring chaos upon earth. In the last two thousand years the dark forces are winning the game.

I look at the whole spiritual world which shapes the physical world like a game of chess. The dark side have patience, have time on their hands because they enslaved souls within this time frame of physical expression. The dark forces also will make any given sacrifices necessary to win the game for the dark side has no conscious, no emotion.

This is WHY I say the material and physical world is the ILLUSION! Our material existence depends on the spiritual war that is raging eternally, our reality depends on which side obtains the upper hand.

Don't be deceived, the powers of darkness have been in control for thousands of years. Our ancient masters have warned us about this for millennium. People are asleep spiritually, but the awakening is coming, it is on the horizon.

I like this.
              My question now is *how* does a person "step beyond the veil of illusion?" What are the practical steps a human being needs to take in their daily life to accomplish this?

1. profile image0

You must begin your work in Yesod..The Mind..Consciousness.

2. profile image0

We can look at other people and understand a lot about them. We know their reactions, why they do certain things, etc.

The hardest thing for us to do is to know ourselves. If we feel darkness in us we will hide from it..instead of facing and understanding why it's there. We don't even understand our motives.

To start this process of removing the veil..you have to know who you are. The veil is the things of the flesh, sensation, ego, hate, anger, reactions and so on. Listen to your minds chatter, examine your feelings, reactions, ego. After you truly understand who you are, you can begin your journey..

*sigh* I don't find it so hard to get away from my mind's chatter as getting away from the chatter of the place where I live...LOL!

My S.O. posits that one does this through the use of intricate rituals (he comes to the Qabbalah from the Western Hermetic end of things), etc. We both value Regardie's works...However, I am more prone to the use of meditation, yoga, breathing techniques, prayer...etc. What are your thoughts on this practical methods of getting in touch with the self?

1. profile image0

I practice all of the above. It's how you do it..Good for you.

I usually work with the Kabbalah as my main system. I find it works quickly, just don't throw yourself out of balance.

11. Arthur Fontes profile image74
    Arthur Fontesposted 14 years ago

Zohar was the worst Adam Sandler movie ever!!!!

12. TheGlassSpider profile image65

Yes! Thank you for the other resources! I have been reading one version of it online, but have been suspicious of its quality. I've read other works *about* the Zohar.

I discovered that "the Kabbalah Center" (who I think may be questionable, but I have no real experience with them) is offering this enormous more-than-20-volume Zohar that *they* claim is the first to be completely translated into English.

The thing costs something like $400.00 dollars...Anyone know anything about it?

I wouldn't buy it.
      You have reliable Zohar on the net.
      just go to a good Jewish site.

Thanks, I will! smile edit:Go to a good Jewish site, that is.

13. profile image0

Thanks Tantrum
    Chokmah=Wisdom. Said Hokmak It is the positive-active-masculine energy.

Tantrum?

Or anyone who knows this.

The Zohar is very complicated and should be studied with someone who really knows it.

yes, you're right.
      I was only trying to give  names to the different Sephiroths.
      something easy for everybody.
      not going into deep details, really.

1. profile image0

No I knew you knew it Tantrum

14. TheGlassSpider profile image65

Binah-Understanding. The 3rd Sephirah; it completes the supernal triad. It is like a mother, a womb; it has to do with giving form, restriction (tzimtzum) to the formless wisdom from Chokmah...yes?

so with your own words, what Kether represents ?
      and Chokmah and Binah?

We're talking about God here.
      I have to say that I'm an Atheist, so maybe I will have a different view of this.

No, we're not talking about God. It's my understanding that the Sephiroth are emanations. One of the first things Sefer Yetzirah says is that these are not to be worshipped; they are to be pondered. They are manifestations and pipelines for God's energy.

I understand that Kether is the Crown, completion (edit: depends on how one is using the tree as well, it can correlate with the Alchemical marriage-union of the self with the self, the self with God, the masculine and feminine...etc)...the first vessel through which God poured himself into manifestation. But I do NOT claim to be an expert, and I am still pondering and learning Kether, as well as the others.

It doesn't have to be worshiped, but Kether is the emanation of God. It's the essence
          Chokmah the male properties of God, b
          Binah the female
          anyway it's not that simple. it's very complicated. You better read Deborah's hub.

You're right, it is not that simple. However, other Sephiroth represent masculine and feminine properties of God in different aspects of manifestation, so that's not very helpful as a definition by itself.

I appreciate Deborah's definition of Kether as the first point of the universe. The Universe at the moment of conception. Nice for pondering.

2. profile image0

Kether is the point.  it is the moment that the universe was conceived. It is perfect calm and stillness. Kether is what we think of as pure Spirit or Divine unity without any division or separation.
          We are speaking of God because God is contained in everything.

These are the emanations of God. They poured out from God and continued down. Each Sephiroth spilling into the next. So all things below still contain God.
          God can not be separated from anything.

15. profile image0

I just created a hub called Kabbalah Concept Part 1.
    You might want to read.

OK
      i'm busy right now. but i'll read it later.
      I think I'm going to fan you to keep in touch lol

1. profile image0

Great, I'd like that..I'll fan you back

16. profile image0

For those interested in Kabbalah, remember not to cause yourself problems working with it.

For instance..Chesed is mercy, abundance of all kinds, however it's opposite is Geburah, severity, strength and might. If you work only with Chesed you can cause yourself severity. To balance both you would need to work with Tiphareth.

Take for instance a person who is always sweet and loving, giving and caring (Chesed or Gedulah) life would balance it out and you would encounter severity (Geburah)
    Someone who is always kind will have people use them, and run over them..

17. TheGlassSpider profile image65

I am busy too...I'll have to come back this evening.

This is a good thread though.

18. TheAllSeeingEye profile image60

I think heaven can be on earth, but that is determined by higher consciousness of soul within humanity as a whole.

The dark forces throughout history has worked among the minds of good men to bring chaos upon earth. In the last two thousand years the dark forces are winning the game.

I look at the whole spiritual world which shapes the physical world like a game of chess. The dark side have patience, have time on their hands because they enslaved souls within this time frame of physical expression. The dark forces also will make any given sacrifices necessary to win the game for the dark side has no conscious, no emotion.

This is WHY I say the material and physical world is the ILLUSION! Our material existence depends on the spiritual war that is raging eternally, our reality depends on which side obtains the upper hand.

Don't be deceived, the powers of darkness have been in control for thousands of years. Our ancient masters have warned us about this for millennium. People are asleep spiritually, but the awakening is coming, it is on the horizon.

If you're still on the 'stage' where Good & Evil fight. you're missing the point.
      that fight is symbolic and it doesn't exist.
      You sound like Madonna. Sorry!

That's your belief and I wouldn't force my knowledge down your throat. I was under the understanding you wanted a discussion about this, obviously I was misled.

Understanding symbolism is very important, but understanding it is the problem for most people if you get me?   

It doesn't exist?

So mass murder, rape and genocide is all an illusion is it?

I think the relatives of some of these victims wouldn't agree.

Evil exists, and for people to recognise good they also should recognise evil.

I like Madonna, she expresses herself and offers something unlike others out there lol

human good & evil exists, of course. But they don't fight. They co-exist
          and If you like Madonnas's Kabbalah is all right with me. Suit yourself! smile

2. double_frick profile image61
        double_frickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

now that, tantrum, is hitting the nail on the head.

sorry to interject, i'm enjoying reading this thread though.

*runs along to lurk some more*

19. TheAllSeeingEye profile image60

*how* does a person "step beyond the veil of illusion

----------------

They need to bring down false foundations. They do this by freeing up the mind, shutting out the mind's chatter and experiencing life in the NOW!

They do this by firstly accepting evil and corruption within their world. One must feel the corruption and evil to be able to transcend above it. This is why understanding duality and polarity is vital. One can only ascend when they know they have descended.

When one understands how this is, they then realise they are spiritual beings having a physical experience and not a physical being seeking a spiritual experience.

This is the big deceivement. People have been tricked into worshipping false gods and idols and making themselves look outside of themselves for fulfilment, salvation and knowledge. By doing this they welcome the physical expression, welcome the ego and self, live in denial of themselves and not worshipping GOD within themselves. When people live in individuality, negativity and fear they are easily manipulated and controlled, worst still they are indoctrinated into a way of thinking that completely separates them from spirit, humanity and GOD!!!!

20. TheGlassSpider profile image65

Hmmm...this is interesting, and not the first time I've encountered this.

I think that good and evil could (and do) exist even if god didn't. Do you believe they exist, tantrum? If they do, how is the "fight" between them symbolic?

Tantrum...if I may ask, and I don't mean this in any sarcastic way...If you don't believe in God, why study and debate all this kind of stuff? What *do* you believe in?

This isn't like accusatory, or trying to imply you don't belong here...just friendly curiosity.

I'm interested in religions. As an Atheists I can see them like different philosophies of life. And I'm interested in Myths as well, among a lot of other things. That's all

21. TheAllSeeingEye profile image60

http://www.astradome.com/tree_of_life.gif

22. profile image0

Chesed=Mercy=Chesed is positive-masculine-active energy.
    All expressions of God's paternal love and mercy toward humanity are attributed to this Sephirah.

1. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That sounded logical. I have known that we have to be careful what we speak for those words can not be called back, they keep affecting our lives for years to come. They can be either constructive or destructive.

23. IntimatEvolution profile image68
    IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years ago

I'm reading the Book of Splendor right now.  But I am having a difficult time understanding it.  After all I'm a Christian, with the notion of dualism floating around in my head.  I also think it is important to know the books that Jesus had known and read.  I feel many of Christians take things for granted, and do not study more about our faith and what God the father, truly wants from us.  The Canon as we know it, is not a complete set of biblical writings.  Many of the oral Judaic traditions are missing.  Thanks in part to Paul, and his Roman gentile ways.  However, on the other side of Christianity was the Ebionites.  The Jewish sect of Christ followers.  The Ebionites, would have been members of Christ's family such as Mary and Joseph, James and Seth, Peter, and the his other disciples.

I understand that the Zohar is a Medieval book.  I know that its author is unknown.  I also know that it is a collection of oral traditions passed down from generation to generation.

But I'm missing something here.  Because I am finding it hard to understand and to read.  Anyone else have this trouble?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)