Idiotic Republicans still getting air time!

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (84 posts)
  1. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

Dumb-a$$ Newty-Boy, who said "oral sex is not adultery", now says that judges are not being "American" by taking God out of schools.....

Isn't he a "professor" or something? Like Beck?
    He is teaching false history.

The Separation of Church and State is what makes America great.

Another Idiot Republican in your face......daily.

Get a job Newt.....on the space station preferably!

Brought to you by Liberals sick of Dumb-A$$es.
    In response to Right-Wing Astro-Turfers who post daily with intent of malice.

1. BillyDRitchie profile image60
      BillyDRitchieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps you can show us where in the Constitution you find the words "separation of church and state".

Then again.....

1. stclairjack profile image77
        stclairjackposted 13 years agoin reply to this

agreed

2. bgamall profile image68
        bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

First Amendment. If the state establishes no religion it cannot practice religion.

Besides, Christ said his kingdom was not of this world, or his servants would fight.

State religion is a religion from hell. Do you believe in hell Billy? If you believe in state religion you will make that place your home.

1. kateperez profile image58
          kateperezposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Quote from the Constitution:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Congress is not allowed to establish a religion, and is not allowed to prohibit others from practicing a religion.  There is nothing in that statement that says that schools need to remove religion from their curriculum.

This is a misconception by many well-meaning Americans, but the Constitution does not separate church and state, it says "state" cannot dictate a specific religion.

(sigh).

I'm curious why the insult to Republicans?  We're Americans, too.

2. lady_love158 profile image60
      lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lol! I love you LMC!! God is on our money in our pledge and has long been in our congress. For many years the capitol had mass on Sundays! Freedom of religion is indeed why people came to America... however freedom of religion is not the same as freedom FROM religion. Schools are supposed to reflect the values and beliefs of the communities in which they reside not the dictate of some central authority... I don't think we need to fear the mention of God in our schools certainly there is the freedom of speech which is guaranteed by the constitution and schools of all places would do well to observe and protect that right which I would argue is much more important to our democracy than the implied separation of church and state!

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Delusion versus Rationality? I'll take rationality. Keep your religion away from those who don't require or need it. wink

1. Jim Hunter profile image60
          Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is lovemyyhris your definition of rational?

2. John Holden profile image61
        John Holdenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Unless of course you happen to be Muslim.

1. lady_love158 profile image60

Yeah...uh ... in Mohammad we don't trust! Lol! But seriously if a muslim community has a public school then they should serve the community.

1. John Holden profile image61

It had to happen one day! smile

Agreed.

3. bgamall profile image68

Lady, do you believe in state religion? You know Christ hated state religion? He blasted the state religion, the Pharisees. He also forbade his servants from defending him, and said his kingdom was not of this world.

State religion is no religion. If you believe in state religion you are doomed, Lady.

Where did you get that idea? I'm definitely opposed to state religion which also means that I'm opposed to state atheism... the gov't can't tell me I can't pray in shook draw a pic of Christ on the cross or Mohhamad for that matter nor can it prevent me from saying God.

1. bgamall profile image68

You aren't opposed to state religion. You just said this above:

"I don't think we need to fear the mention of God in our schools certainly there is the freedom of speech which is guaranteed by the constitution and schools of all places would do well to observe and protect that right which I would argue is much more important to our democracy than the implied separation of church and state!"

So Lady, as long as you have public schools, prayer is state religion if all the class must do it. It is wrong and it is opposed to the concept of divine election. Few are chosen.

And besides, you are loose with the concept of separation of church and state and state religion by your very statement.

You're seeing things that aren't there! Muslims must pray 5 times a day in some colleges that get public money special accomodation has been made for them. Is that state sponsorship of religion? I think allowing a moment of silence to pray or not is not an endorsement of religion.

Kids can pray on the playground, or when they read books. You are assuming that people are saved by free will.

You assume too much.

Free will, personal responsibility... if you can't rely on that then what?

You can't rely on that.

Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God John Ch 1.

The will of man is useless as the calling is of God alone.

2. profile image49
              ShortStoryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If the class must do what?

2. Mitch Alan profile image80
          Mitch Alanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

bgamall,
          Are you seriously that ignorant of the actual source of the term "separation of Church and State", who said it and the actual meaning behind it, or are you like so many who spew it out without any historical context.
          Everyone do your due diligence and research it.

3. bgamall profile image68

Newt is a demagogue who's hero is the Puritan Oliver Cromwell, who killed the King of England so that he could establish one state religion for another. State religion is not Christian, and it is just rule by thugs.

Gingrich is a thug of the highest order.

1. profile image49

How is he "a thug of the highest order"? What supremely thuggish things has he done to earn that title in your opionion?

He fancies himself a Puritan crusader. The blood of Iraq is on his hands as his party whole heartedly supported an oil war that real conservatives like Pat Buchanan and Ron Paul could never support.

1. profile image49

Where has he written that he "fancies himself a Puritan crusader"? That title doesn't even make sense.

The Iraq war was not "an oil war," that's just some nonsense liberals like to repeat instead of actually thinking. We didn't get any oil from that war and US oil companies are not getting special treatment in bidding for contracts to develop Iraqi oil fields today. It's just an empty slogan like "Bush lied, people died!" It's transparently meaningless nonsense. All of which is not to mention all the democrats who voted to authorize the Iraq War. You know their names. Are they "thugs of the highest order"? What does that even mean?

"In the run-up to the Iraq war, Halliburton was awarded a $7 billion contract for which 'unusually' only Halliburton was allowed to bid."

1. profile image49

List for us all the other companies that had at that time the capacity to fulfill that contract.

Oh! they weren't there for the oil then!

1. profile image49

No, they were not. If they had been we would have taken it.

Short, have you been sleeping like that guy on the Geico commercial under a rock? The Iraq war was an oil war. The presidential candidate of the Republican party, John McCain, said so while campaigning. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0GWoxbMs1k

So did General Abizaid who said that the Iraq War was all about oil.  http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/65323/

Sorry, Short, you have been lied to and the war crime of fighting for oil should be prosecuted at the Haig. Which is why Bush won't leave the country. Switzerland may arrest him for war crimes if he does.

Wolfowitz, architect of the Iraq War said that WMD was a lie.

1. profile image49

McCain did not say the Iraq War was "an oil war" in that clip, Abizaid is a disgruntled former employee, and show me where Wolfowitz (who did NOT make the decision to invade Iraq, btw) said WMD were "a lie."

2. profile image49

The Iraq War was most certainly NOT "an oil war."

4. profile image49

The venomous hatred spit out by some rabid leftists is just disturbing at times.

It goes both ways. wink

1. profile image49

It can, but I was inspired by the very first post of this thread.

Did you read my post above proving that the Iraq War was all about oil and the links to McCain and Abizaid? I hope you read what your own people say.

1. profile image49

The Iraq War was obviously NOT about oil.

5. Tortugaa profile image61
      Tortugaaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is this a movement? Or a place to vent until 2012? smile

lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I told you. It's a response to the daily hatred and malice spewed at Obama and Democrats on a daily basis by 3 people here.
        Surely, you believe that for every tit there is a tat?

Let me introduce myself.....I'm tat!

1. Tortugaa profile image61

Well count me as a TaT!

Yay!! Speak UP!

1. Tortugaa profile image61

Well in my humble opinion, After Newty giving Clinton so much grief over the sexual scandal in the white house, its sort of hard for Newty to throw rocks when he's living in a glass condo, paid for by insurance and oil tycoons. Newt says he believes in a forgiving God, well, he BETTER! How can he even dare slander the current President who has lived an honorable life as a moral person, great christian, and a wonderful family man? Obama is a better man, and has achieved more than any of us can dream of.

2. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

How come oral sex was adultery and an impeachable offense when Clinton did it?
    How does Newt Gingrich get to be the definer of what is or is not adultery? Oh right, he knows sooooo much about the subject!!
    Newt Gingrich, who left his first wife while she was sick in bed with cancer. Who left his second wife for his third wife.

And he has the gall to talk about "God" with a straight
    face?
    If Mr. Gingrich is serious about running for the office of POTUS, it would serve him well to steer clear of side issues like marital infidelity and whether we use the term "God" in schools.
    Tell us Newt -- what are YOU gonna do to fix our economy? What are YOU gonna do to get the unemployment rate back to 5%? What are YOU gonna do to stop terrorists from blowing us up?

... I could go on. For a LONG time. There are about 10 million issues more important than these.
    Smoke and mirrors, tap dancing on morals -- that's all the repubs got.

Yes, Newt was boinking his girlfriend while prosecuting Clinton.

2. profile image49

Oral sex was NOT an impeachable offense when clinton was in office. Perjury was.

Perjury to protect your wife is more noble than boinking your girlfriend while your wife has cancer. I don't think Newt ever understood that.

1. profile image49

To protect his wife?! LOL! Do you really believe that?

Now that I've finally stopped laughing...

Perjury is still illegal no matter how 'noble' Bill Clinto...hahahhaaaahaha!!!! I can't say it...

Hmmm, Scooter Libby was pardoned for it.Guess Ole Bill had no one higher to go to for help, like Scooter.

Bush and Cheney escaped it by testifying without taking the oath. Why do you suppose that was?
            Cause they were so "noble"? "Honest".....now I"M laughing!!!!

Ahahahaha. Bushco honest.....Ahahahahahaha

3. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Yup, Newt's a slimeball of the first order.
    The subject of politicians and extramarital sex has been discussed recently here (a perennial favorite topic, actually).
    It seems most "rational" people agree politicians often cheat on their wives. And we don't care.
    When we DO care is when they are HYPOCRITES about it -- like when they publicly spout "family values" and "moral majority" crap while privately engaging in such behavior.
    Most eggregious are the anti-gay hypocrites who vote against gay rights while their extramarital partners-of-choice are other men.
    Got integrity?? NOT!!!

True, and certainly, the Republicans have made themselves public keepers of the morality, a sure path to destruction and scandal.

4. Evan G Rogers profile image60
    Evan G Rogersposted 13 years ago

I've addressed this issue too many times on these forums.

Here's the First amendment:
    "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion..."

And here's the 10th amendment:
    "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

What these mean, when taken together, is that the FEDERAL government can not bias laws towards religion, BUT STATES CAN.

Whatever side the of the argument you're on: deal with it. The judges are lying to you, the lawyers are lying to you, your school teachers are lying to you.

States CAN be discriminatory. They just choose not to (in 99 out of 100 cases).

agreed

States can show bias towards one religion over another? I think constitutional history would deny that.

But no matter because whatever religion they choose will be a false one. State religion is false religion. Period.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image60
        Evan G Rogersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Constitutional History" can go **** itself.

The Constitution clearly states that States are allowed to discriminate based on Religion.

I'm an atheist, so it's a bit of a twist to admit this.

5. stclairjack profile image77
    stclairjackposted 13 years ago

we all can agree that Gingrich is a self-serving pompus ass.

i think we all can agree that if oral sex is an impeachable offence,... then impeach me baby!

the term "seperation of church and state" was coied by jefferson in a prsonl letter,... its not in the constitution,... it has howeve been an spoken code that we have used as a uding standard off and on for 200+ years.

the state has become its own scular theocracey over the years, it has become its own religion,...

"our father, who art in washington, happy be thy name, thy programs be done, thy taxes be paid, on income as it is on savings. give us this day our crust of welfare bread, and excuse us or tresspasses, as we find emotional excuses for our fellow transgressors, and lead us not into prosperity, but deliver us ever into poverty, that might need you all the days of our life, amen"

thatsthe new prayer in school my kiddies, ... learn it.

i need a new keyboard.

6. mindyjgirl profile image77
    mindyjgirlposted 13 years ago

It is so funny how, when someone breaks down or goes whacko either party quickly identifies their political status, thats like saying all those molesters in prison are democrats! Its not a fair game in this world and I just need to get used to it. last year I was considering changed my party again. I used to be democrat then republican and now independent. Because tired of all the crap!!

7. John Holden profile image61
    John Holdenposted 13 years ago

Blair as much as admitted that WMD was a lie too.

If it's not about the oil and all about seeing off a tyrant, why no action in other trouble spots that have no oil?

8. Evan G Rogers profile image60
    Evan G Rogersposted 13 years ago

"It angers me that republicans get air time..."

"... stupid fox news is so biased"

... wait for it...

... wait for it....

BOOOM - lovemychris' head just exploded.

9. mikelong profile image59
    mikelongposted 13 years ago

Beautiful.

10. lovemychris profile image77

It's not about Fox. It's about Hub Pages.

It's about media.

You said that it's annoying that Republicans are getting air time on news.

But in other posts you argue that Fox is biased, and that News shouldn't be biased.

You are asking the news to bias against Republicans while asking them to not be biased towards "others".

It's hypocrisy.

"You said that it's annoying that Republicans are getting air time on news."

No, I did not. I said this is in response to the astro-turfers here on Hub Pages who post with malicious intent on Democrats an Obama on a daily basis.

And I never said that news shouldn't be biased. I said that Fox isn't news!

This is not hypocricy, this is answering back to the liars, haters and propogandists here.

"Idiotic Republicans still getting air time!"
          -- lovemychris

In response to
            "Democrats hate America"
            "Obama grew up in Kenya"
            "Liberals are Communists"
            etc etc etc.
            Things that are posted here daily by 3 Right-wingers.

2. Cagsil profile image70

Better try no bias, which is the place where media belongs in the first place. I realize LMC has something against Republicans because she is a liberal at heart, however, if media is favoritism for Republicans over Democrats, then how is it not biased to begin with, before it's reported to the public?

I think LMC wants media to be of no bias, where each side is equally provided to the public. At least, it would be a refreshing change. wink

Right, and IMO, it's the height of hypocricy to tell ME that Righty's have the right to spew bias, while we are supposed to be fair.

No bias. I agree media should be.

However, as a response to your statement- I can only say- two wrongs still don't make it right.

Righty, as you call them- spew bias. What do you expect? Both sides do it. It's all part and parcel in dividing the nation, so the little people who are getting stepped on in the process do not have a clue of the true agenda of government and politicians.

Too many people in America fail to see, because they are too inflamed by the opposition to notice. hmm

11. lovemychris profile image77

Tell you what.....I'll stop when they do. Deal?

Until then, get used to it, or pass it by.

It is a shame that you won't hold yourself to a higher standard. hmm
      You have no need to use this type of attitude. I'm not against you. I am dead center between YOU and Others.

I have no agenda, other than to help service America citizens. Nothing more. If you don't understand, then please read my profile. I've changed it recently.

So, you have no need to come at me. It will do you no good.

Well, it wasn't at YOU you, it was a general you....but I can see why you took it that way.

And you know what? I am not taking the higher ground. I tried it once before. I said I won't call the Speaker "Boner", won't call them Tea-"Baggers"......and we still get "Shiny One","Messiah", etc etc.

No---this is about equality. I really hate bullies, and I'm not going to be miss Nicey-Pants to a Big Jerk.

Do you understand equality? It is separate, a completely different thing than equal rights.
          I'm not asking you to back down from a fight. I'm asking you take a different tact. You fighting them with their own method, is no different than arguing with an idiot, because the idiot will beat you with it's experience. Not to mention, you show yourself as being no better than what you oppose? If you're not, then admit and I'll leave you alone.

So, what's it gonna be? Make a choice.

I hold all people I come in contact with, to the same standard I live with. And, if you think I'm confused in any manner, then I would suggest you work on reading my political hubs, and when you're done, you'll see the path to equality. If not, then you're only in the way.

12. lovemychris profile image77

Like I said, equality. I am no better than them, and I am going to show it.

Here's a thought....why don't you ask THEM to stop.

Should they agree--I will be all sweetness and light.

Equality?

Please explain to me what YOU think that word means? hmm

13. lovemychris profile image77

You told me to be better than them....
    Why should I have that burden?
    Why don't THEY have to be better than me?

I reserve the right to be equally as rude, demonizing and degrading as they are. EQUAL.

I said take a different tact in doing so.
      Because, the other path brings hatred, stress and much more that is unforeseen.
      If they stopped, and lead by example, wouldn't they be?
      Are you a taurus by chance? The fact that you even have this view is extremely sad. It has nothing to do with being equal. It does however speak selfish and a few other choice words.

"the other path brings hatred, stress and much more that is unforeseen"

Actually--I find it much more stressful to see bullies bully unhindered.That anger goes inside and produces stress.

And no, I'm not a Taurus--I'm Ophiuchus, the Healer. And I kind of think it's pretty selfish of you to tell me how to behave.

How can I be nice.......If I want your advice, I'll ask for it?

Thanks for the advice, but no thanks?

I'll try an AA slogan: Live and Let Live.

I'm not trying to tell you how to behave. I'm trying to point out how you are behaving. And the fact that it gets no one anywhere, which you obvious lack any understanding of. Therefore, what I said wasn't selfish.
          You know, if you could learn to see beyond yourself, you might actually be a nice person, all politics aside. Right now, you do more harm than good.
          You're a prime example of what's wrong. And as I said before, that now makes you in my way to bring change.

As for the Live and Let Live? It would be good, IF it could be done, but since you cannot even see what you are fighting against, you'll never see what you want.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)