Prince William & Kate Middleton Wedding Present

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (26 posts)
  1. barryrutherford profile image75
    barryrutherfordposted 13 years ago

How difficult would it be to buy a wedding present for someone like Prince William or Kate Middleton.

Well like lots of couples they have created a Wedding Present request list

In lieu of Gifts one can donate to  The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia

How good is that!

Well done Will & Kate

you have won me !

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nothing like a good bit of PR work to ensure that he becomes king of Australia as well as the UK.

They were only kept in by a very small margin in Australia, after all, a few token gestures might swing it in their favour the next time you lot vote on the monarchy.

OK, I am a little cynical, it is charity after all I suppose.

2. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

They are a class act -- individually and as a couple.
    I hope Queen Elizabeth lives for many years so that Prince William and Kate can take over her throne instead of
    Charles and Camilla Toilet Bowl.

1. canadawest99 profile image61
      canadawest99posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well they have a 750 million dollar nest egg to sit on while they do nothing for the country or world but look good for the paparazzi.  You think thats a class act?

I will take the 50 workers down at Fukushima Nuclear Plant as a class act over those royal brats any day.   People have such messed up priorities.

1. profile image0

They don't do anything for Canada and Australia, but:

a) They aren't funded by Canada and Australia, so you don't really have as much right as I do to moan about them.

b) It is proven that associated tourism revenues exceed the cost of the Monarchy in the UK (where we pay for them).

Although I am anti-monarchy, it's up to you lot to change your coins, not us.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not a huge fan of the royal family but William will go into further military training. His brother fought in Iraq. They have done more for the world than I have.

That said, I won't be paying attention to the wedding.

I think Harry caused more trouble in Iraq than he was worth.   He needed to be armed with a large contingent of protection to ensure he wasn't killed or kidnapped, until the military realized that if terrorists ever got their hands on him, that would be a huge problem and scandal and empower the enemy.   At least he tried I guess.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
            Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually, he was okay until the British press let it slip that he was there.

2. camlo profile image84
      camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cool!

3. Mighty Mom profile image78

Clarification: They are a class act in comparison with Prince Charles.

1. profile image0

My pug is a class act in comparison with Prince Charles!

He is, well, he is his fathers son wink

Although it is said that he is developing alzheimer's, so I think we should all go easy on the doddery old fool. I wouldn't wish that on many people, even those tosspots.

Duly noted. smile

4. barryrutherford profile image75

I am wishing I didn't post this thread

No problem with the thread.  Just that no celebrity should be held in high esteem until they do something concrete for the world other than just TV appearances.   Some get down and dirty in the world and really help.   I applaud people like Sean Penn who helps Haiti, George Cluny who helps Darfur and Brad Pitt who built houses in New Orleans.

The queen could sit down at her desk tomorrow and stroke a 50 million dollar check for Japan.  Will she?

1. barryrutherford profile image75
        barryrutherfordposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I doubt the Queen could write a 50 million pound cheque just like that.  Bu I would not want to be the banker that dishonoured it-Off with his head!

No I think the Queen has exceeded all expectations with her duties to the Commonwealth.  for sure I could not have done it.

Look both Harry & william could be sitting in a marble tower dressed in finery but they are not they are mixing it out there in the real world...
        Ask the battlers of Tully...

1. profile image0

There is plenty of time for them to lower themselves to the standards of the previous generation.

Prince Edward has done nothing but leech, he flies EVERYWHERE in a private jet, when sometimes a train journey would do. He pays for nothing yet still manages to bankrupt every 'business' that he attempts.

Prince Andrew has a role which effectively consists of meeting billionaires who give him a life of luxury in return for impressing clients or being able to meet the Queen.

Princess Anne justifies her existance by becoming the patron of any charity that asks, 200 so far, I wonder how many of those she actually knows anything about?

Prince Charles is an organic farmer, using land that is paid for by the state.

All of them have had it on a plate, in fact Prince Charles is probably the best of the four, believe it or not. If Harry and William break the mould then good on them, but I can see no reason why they won't become accustomed to having everything handed to them for free too.

I live in Norfolk, home of the 20,000 acre Sandringham Estate. That is an estate which is maintained using taxpayers money, secured by taxpayer funded security, and once upon a time was bought from taxes too. There is a shortage of housing in Norfolk by the way, how many houses would you get on that land?

Anyway, if I were to visit Sandringham I would be expected to pay. £11.00 to be precise. So, we have to pay to visit an estate which we pay for each time we file a tax return anyway?

Many people in the UK struggle to see what we get back from them Barry. They are hanging on, purely on the basis that they gross more in tourism than they spend on private jets and 20,000 acre estates. I'm not so convinced, I suspect that is spin, but if people want to believe that then so be it.

5. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 13 years ago

Thinking the worst thing about being royalty, besides always having to act the part, is everywhere they stay like hotels and whatnot, there is always the acrid smell of fresh paint.

1. profile image0

They have to use those horrible tiny china cups too, the ones which you can hardly fit a finger through, whilst lifting their little finger. All in the name of 'tradition'.

I bet that Harry and William can't wait to get home to have a nice proper cuppa in a huge oversized mug.

Once the WWII and boomer generation die off, that will end the fascination for the royalty and that archaic concept will be over. 

If people like royalty so much, well then they can start following the Kings of Saudi, Bahrain, Kuwait, Jordan, etc.   Nice fellows I hear and so fashionable too.  Did you hear what the King wore to the G7 ball?  oh my.

6. barryrutherford profile image75

Naw I think William will be as popular as his mother Princess Diana

7. Mighty Mom profile image78

Princess Diana was a credit to the monarchy and the world.
    Only the good die young, eh?
    (Not that Queen Elizabeth is bad)

1. camlo profile image84
  8. Mighty Mom profile image78

She's quite a pip, isn't she? (I hope I'm not misusing the term -- I mean it as she's got spunk and charm and is funny to boot).

Ever since watching "The King's Speech" and seeing how she was as a little girl (a mini version of her grown-up self) I've appreciated her more.
    But... I thought she handled Diana's death very badly. Doesn't the royal family have a PR staff???

1. camlo profile image84

I like the first scene in that video best.

The movie 'The Queen' with Helen Miren is about how the Royal Family dealt with Diana's death. I don't know if all can be believed, but it seems they wanted to apply the correct protocol exactly. According to the movie, Tony Blair eventually persuaded them to do things differently.

9. Mighty Mom profile image78

Yes, I believe that's where I got my intel on the Queen's silence after Diana "the people's princess" died.
    Helen Mirren did a great job in the role (of course she always does).
    The guy who played Tony Blair also played David Frost in the movie "Frost/Nixon" (Frank Langella did a great job as Nixon).

1. camlo profile image84

Yes. Thanks for reminding me - I still have to see that one.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)