Not getting concentration on my office work - Addicted to HubPages?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)
  1. psf profile image69
    psfposted 12 years ago

Frequently I am losing concentration on my official works and tend to open and be engaged on HubPages. If I do my work for sometime, I will go to Hubpages and do something, then comeback. After next few minutes I will go back to HubPages again. It’s look like I addicted with HubPages.

My office work does matter to me as it is the only source of my income for life, and I not even there to think HubPages as my 3rd source of income. Can anybody suggest me how to control this?

1. Greek One profile image62
      Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

seems that the problem is more your boss's than you own smile

1. psf profile image69
        psfposted 12 years agoin reply to this

smile no way, here thing is to finish the tasks on schedule, but have the flexibility (some extend) to do at anytime.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 12 years ago

Judged by your hubtivity, where you have asked several questions, you have a type of anxiety - like you are afraid that your hubs will not be properly indexed and the like. I think you will need to work on your attitude, and believe in that this well-tested site is working, and that if there are problems they will be reported and resolved by staff.

Also, you should be aware that when you start activities that generate feedback - such as asking public questions or even answering questions on the site - you are generating a state of alert inside yourself, as you anticipate other people's response. Try not to start anything new for awhile, see how quickly things will slow down and your mental calm be restored.

1. psf profile image69

Thanks for your response.

I am not worried about the site technical issues, even though I asked a question regarding that recently.

Now what I, myself seeing is, I blindly excited about HubPages as a newbie and trying to achieve something..and checking my page views, response etc. I agree, in that case I have anxiety.

Also I agree your other point about "anticipate other people's response". Being a non native English speaker, I bit worried about my language and writing skills also. It started after a recent experience on HubPages.

I will try your suggestions and see. Thanks

2. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What a kind and lovely answer, WE.  That was probably a difficult question for someone to ask, and you were very diplomatic about the way you answered it.  smile

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Motown! I agree that the OP was brave to raise the issue, and I did answer after having pondered upon the question for a few minutes.

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 12 years ago

Judged by your forum post, your English is rather good.

1. psf profile image69

thanks, this gives me confident.

4. sofs profile image78
    sofsposted 12 years ago

All of us go through this phase .. you need some self-determination to keep off HubPages as it is not the thing you should be doing at work.. they pay you for doing their work.. smile
    Well the good news is, as time passes you can actually keep off  Hubpages.. that is what I am discovering now LOL

5. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

The way you described operating is very similar to the way I just do things (on HubPages) most of the time, but in my case it's because of the way my work, schedule, days, etc. is set up.  I have times when I'm waiting for some work-related thing to happen, so I come on here while I'm waiting.  Or else, I have times when I've done a whole lot of "intense-focus" work and take "legitimate" breaks from it.  I even have days (or a couples of days) when there's no immediate project - so I'm back on here and elsewhere online, going between here and other free-time writing stuff.  So, for me, it's kind of funny that you describe the behavior as the problem you do.  Here I am, thinking I'm great at using time wisely.  lol  Anyway, I know what you describe is a different thing than my "planned" back and forth.  smile  So back to your problem...

You may be too new to have seen that nothing big goes on here from one minute, or hour, or day, to the next. It just doesn't.  If, by some "freak thing", some big thing happened on here with your stuff of anything else, you'd discover it soon enough; but it's really pretty safe to assume that nothing all that eventful happens in any one day.   Maybe the most eventful thing that happens in any day would be changes in earnings at one time or another, but in general, those aren't dramatic or worth thinking a lot about more than checking here (maybe) daily, if you want to.  So, keep in mind that most things that go on here are a slow, gradual, process (or else a lot of the "same type of stuff" that goes on in the forums); and you could not return here for days and see that very little has gone on.  Maybe just look at "My Account" once a day, to watch for any Hubs that have any alerts/broke-link warnings on them; and if you that, you'll be "keeping on top of things".   smile

6. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

Been there, done that!  I was in the same boat when I first started with Hubpages.. I was obsessed!  Specially when I started making money.. just cents, mind you, but it was so thrilling to see the few cents grow to a dollar.  It was like watching a baby grow.  But don't worry, it will pass.  Follow the others' advice and concentrate on your job, which pays the bills.  Good luck!

@Greek One - you crack me up!

7. psf profile image69
    psfposted 12 years ago

Thank you all for your valuable suggestions.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)