Fathers fighting for respect.

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)
  1. JoeCo profile image60
    JoeCoposted 12 years ago

This here is for all fathers who feel they have been treated unfair by the mother of their kids or the court system. Fathers are always the first to get to criticized on our parenting skills. Sometimes the mother can be the bad one, but for some reason they are always given the benefit of the doubt no matter what they do. If you feel the same way as i do and tired of it than spread your feelings hear and lets tell the world how we feel. I need some stories and opinions for my new project, please help me out.

1. thaivalentine profile image60
      thaivalentineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

In speaking with American men, many express a real fear of financial ruin with divorce.  Between alimony and child support there is often little left for the man.  I  read this past year where Oksana Grigorieva wanted $50,000 a month in child support  - really, does anyone not think she is needing that money for her personal benefit - it's outrageous.

2. jlcaudill07 profile image58
      jlcaudill07posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am currently going through the same thing with my SO. He has a daughter from another woman and she nailed him horribly! She honestly has said to us...between the child support and state aid I'll never have to work. She even asked the prosecuting attorney to factor in my wages...sorry honey 1 we aren't married and 2 it doesn't work that way!
      All the money he pays and the mother won't even grant him visitation at this point, and if he takes it to FOC she says she won't settle for more than every other weekend...sickening!!!!

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

I know two men who were great father's with vicious ex wives. They were definitely treated unfairly by the courts.

Both guys dealt with it differently. One bowed to every demand and acted like a whipped puppy for years, just to see the kids. The other didn't want his son to see his father demeaned, so stood his ground as best he could against his exes hateful ways. His time with his son was limited.

And now that the kids are grown, the story is the same. All of the kids have to deal with the twisted emotions associated with being used as a pawn by their mothers. I wonder if they'll ever sort it out.

The Juvenile and Domestic court system is screwed up, for sure.

3. JoeCo profile image60
    JoeCoposted 12 years ago

hioefully the kids realize the truth and see that the father did all he can.. Thats why i stay true to my kids, because one day they will get older and hopefully see that daddy has always been there no matter what happened

1. profile image0
      L a d y f a c eposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wise words. Hard to go through, but you won't regret it. Kudos on being a great dad.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)