Let them eat cake - Obama staff get big pay raise - country tanks

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (30 posts)
  1. uncorrectedvision profile image61
    uncorrectedvisionposted 12 years ago

While he was busy complaining about how much money is made by free people in a free market in a free country he gave his staff huge pay increases.  How can someone with those ears be so deaf?  While the economy stagnates he lives the life of a king, even more egregious, his wife lives like an empress.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/whraises.asp

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2011/08 … this-year/

http://www.mediaite.com/online/ny-daily … ntoinette/

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/nileg … um=twitter

2. MikeNV profile image68
    MikeNVposted 12 years ago

Obama is paying off his buddies at every level.

How anyone with an IQ over 80 can support this puppet is beyond the scope of intelligent reasonable thought.

What kind of country do you have when the private sector is eliminated?

3. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

Hmm, Social Security recepients are getting a hike too. And so is the military...

Geeee, but nothing like the 500 times what the CEO's make in comparison to the ones who do all the work for them. Go figure.

Must be nice to complain about the communist president while you live like Mussolini!

uncorrectedvisionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

CEOs don't take their salary from taxpayers whose average income is 40% of the average federal employee.  Blah, blah, blah, blah blah blah blah blah - tired of hitting my head against a bitter Art History Major brick wall - heck of a choice there.  Big employment possibilities - if only everyone could be made to respect the brilliance of that.  Tell me you got a Library Science minor at least.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image62
        Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What's wrong with art history?

As a hobby - nothing.  Long story.

1. Mighty Mom profile image77
            Mighty Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My college roommate was an Art History major.
            She could buy and sell just about anyone I've met on Hub Pages 10x over.

2. Hollie Thomas profile image62

Really, tell that to Oleg Prokofiev's first wife. Look it up.

2. lovemychris profile image77
        lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Here's a news-flash for you, Mr Personal Insult ALL THE TIME.

Politics is for everyone in all walks of life. We all have to live and survive here. Not just YOU and YOURS.

It doesn't take a phd to see what the problem is: Greed.

1. Repairguy47 profile image60
          Repairguy47posted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is true, the 99% need to quit being so greedy and trying to take other peoples money. Work harder or at all and save your money.

1. profile image0
            Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Work harder and save? Do you actually pay attention to the news? We did that. My savings are still fairly well gutted. I got my 401k report. Down once again. The only column that made money was the one where I'm paying back a loan I took, to keep me house, when my husband lost his job; because of the stagnant economy.

I would expect corporations that pay their CEOs mega millions per year to make a profit, so I could make a few pennies. But hey, my savings and our economy should certainly be sacrificed to make sure everyone at the top stays cushy and has fun. You need to watch Inside Job. It's a fascinating look into the world of high finance today. If I conducted business as Wall Street does I'd be sitting in jail for embezzlement and myriad other charges.

Wake up. For the love if America, please, you guys need to set your greed aside and wake up.

1. Moderndayslave profile image60
              Moderndayslaveposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is working hard?  http://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/der … axzz1bUo6i
              Now the 99% slackers are paying for them

2. profile image0
            PrettyPantherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Your ignorance is astounding.  Read a book.  It might help.

"Retirement Heist: How Companies Plunder and Profit from the Nest Eggs of American Workers" Ellen E. Schultz

Ellen Schultz interview

2. profile image0
          lavender3957posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am not into politics but what would happen if they had to work for minimum wage like everyone else? What would happen if everyone worked for the same pay no matter what they did? These are question from my students, any answers?

Tell them to check a history book and look up the Soviet Union.

As always, full of useful insights.

Thanks, wish I could say the same for you.

That wasn't sarcasm?

2. Hollie Thomas profile image62

That wasn't sarcasm?

2. lovemychris profile image77

Well, I'd like to know who it is that decides pay anyway! Like once my mom said "That janitor makes more money than us." (she was a secretary at the time) And I said, "Yeah, but you get to sit in a nice air-conditioned office all day while he scrubs toilets."

If we all made the same pay....now THAT would be very interesting! No one to Lord it over you. MAYBE. You'd see who really cared, and who didn't, that's for sure.

3. Hollie Thomas profile image62

Well said, I read an interesting hub the other day, about the tactics of a propagandist. Would you be surprised to learn that they often insult the intelligence of their opponent, mock their qualifications, call them Anti... when they do not conform. And, well, basically, try anything they can to shut them up. Particularly when they have touched on a nerve. smile

1. lovemychris profile image77

Surprised? We've all had a graduate course in that!!!

Fox "News" and righty-hate-talk radio!!

I forgot to add as an addendum. Of course you wouldn't, just highlighting the obvious for those that think we're too dumb to see. lol

1. lovemychris profile image77

Maybe we hurt their feelings? Could it be? Some men are used to being cow-towed to....maybe that's why they like Bachmann-Turner-Overdrive?

She says "conform to your husband."
                For gods sakes, look what she sleeps with every nite!

And now I'm insulting for fun. My bad....but COME ON!
                This is 2011. Have they met this generation???

"conform to your husband" that makes me chuckle. lol Ahhhhh, hurt feelings, report, report, report. Warning: must not meet this generation, they challenge, they bad, therefore, they are welfare losers that never shower!!!! Off to bed now, 12.55 me knackered. lol (still chuckling lol)

4. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

I got as far as the snopes.com article -- read down to the bottom to understand the context. Those that got raises also got title changes/new responsibilities.
    Total number of staff and total payroll for the White House DECLINED in 2010.
    As usual, the devil is in the details.

Nah, who needs details when distortion is so easy. lol

2. uncorrectedvision profile image61

Title changes are easy when it is only words that change - Czarina.

5. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

Gotta go to Beckles the Evil Clown for insight......he "knows allll".....
    "You are getting sleeeepy"

Obama Yo Mama Osama Hussein!

6. GoGreenTips profile image60
    GoGreenTipsposted 12 years ago

Wouldn't have too much of a problem with these salaries for either the CEO's or the government employees if the country wasn't in such a mess, well I figure they'd earned it.

Wouldn't have a problem with CEO's making large salaries to the ones that don't run their companies into the ground and expect taxpayer help. And if you're a CEO running an American based company you should make some attempt to help create jobs in this country. Then I can live with the high priced salaries.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)