Do you believe in rapture?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (48 posts)
  1. romari profile image58
    romariposted 12 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5850502_f248.jpg
    share your thoughts

1. A Troubled Man profile image59
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The rapture is just another violent religious fantasy in which Christians dream of rubbing their hands together and grinning inanely as the rest of us die horribly.

romariposted 12 years agoin reply to this

why you say so? I think it's true..

The concept of the Rapture has only been around for a couple of centuries and has grown popular over a short time, originally expressed by the one of the same guys (Cotton Mather) who had an infamous role in the Salem witch trials.

Then, there's the fact Christians are split up as to how many events will take place and its position on Tribulation; Pretribulation, Midtribulation and Postribulation.

1. profile image0
            brotheryochananposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Every time you exhort some extreme horrific event its always catholic related and catholics are part pagan, little bible and much carnality - so ya get what you get, but in that same light you should be thankful to both the orthodox movement and Jesus christ. Christ especially in that you don't have to slaughter animals to get to God nowadays you just need to channel your energy in a direction that is more appropriate and altruistic and less inclined to give you ulcers.

lol I know you like to believe you're somehow different from past Christians, but you don't channel your energy in those directions at all. I see no difference.

2. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

All things which were prophesied ...  at some time finds itself as being in the past.

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

If you look at the history of the teaching of the rapture, you wouldn't believe in it either. The  idea first showed up on Scotland, I believe, a little over a hundred years ago. It played well to the profits in the tent revival business in America and the evangelicals have been making oodles of money on it ever since.

I wrote a hub on how you, too, could make money on calculating the moment of the rapture. It's really very easy to make a quick buck if you follow a few simple, and well tried, rules.

1. profile image0

actually the rapture originated from pauls letter where he stated being caught up in the air in first thessalonians. He shortly after wrote 2nd thess to counter this new doctrine.

We do not find examples of God whisking his people away when tragedies happen. God protects his people but nowhere is there a taking away. He helps them through it but never to avoid it.

3. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

I have a better question....what is it with religious folk opening threads on topics that are already in existence.

Do you people not know there's a search function on the forums for topics? I mean seriously....constantly opening the same thread over and over and over.

It's pathetic.

1. profile image0
      Cranfordjsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lmao....I'm glad you bat for us on the secular side wink

4. romari profile image58

I believe in rapture as what bible eays

1. profile image50
      passingthewordposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No such thing as a rapture. Read the parable of the tares Matthew 13:24-30
      24Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

25But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

26But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

27So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

28He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

29But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

30Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

This means at the end, after the anti christ after the battles. all will be judge at the sametime. one group,the tares (Those that have not excepted Jesus) will be thrown in hell. And another group, the wheat (will go and be with God)

1. Disappearinghead profile image61
        Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Actually Jesus didn't state what the tares were or who the enemy was. To assume that some arch fiend aka Satan has somehow grown unbelievers in the kingdom of God is not only illogical but pure speculation and assumption.

1. profile image50

well keep reading matt 13:36-42

36Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.

37He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

38The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

39The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

40As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

41The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

42And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

43Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

1. Disappearinghead profile image61
            Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ooops my bad.

1. profile image0

hehe
              always check first to be sure.

2. profile image0

Nice post
            Its amazing what content we do find in the bible. Of course it is no mere coincidence that Jesus mentions this pattern and that it is documented in the gospel.

All the answers are there.
            Inspired and brilliant!

2. AshtonFirefly profile image70
      AshtonFireflyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm wondering what parts of the Bible you feel causes you to believe in rapture...you say it says so but don't really tell us where...

5. Gary Davis profile image61
    Gary Davisposted 12 years ago

Yes, Romari.  I believe in the rapture.  Jesus said in John Chapter 14 "Let not your heart be troubled. If ye believe in God, believe also in Me. In my Father's house are many mansions. If it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go to prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you unto myself, that where I am, ye may be also."

The Bible says in 1 Thessalonians Chapter 4-----16.For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
    17.Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
    18.Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

And, then in 1st Corinthians, it says:    51.Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
    52.In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
    53.For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
    54.So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
    55.O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
    56.The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
    57.But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    58.Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

We either believe Jesus, and his word, The Bible, or not.  I do.

1. profile image50

Why would the dead in Christ rise first? Because they are already dead. TO be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. To die once and then sent to the father for judgment.
      1 cor 15 the dead? those that are already dead. Do you think that your grandmother's spirit is still in the grave? to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.
      If the rapture was true. Who are the elect that are brought up to the anti Christ?
      I will add on to this later.

1. Jerami profile image58

The first mention in scripture describing the "Rapture" (as far as I know) is in Daniel 12:1. It is talking about "The children of thy people.."

The children of Daniels people are Hebrews.
        When the book of Revelation describes it, it specifically says that these "will be" 12,000 from each of the twelve tribes of Israel.
          These will be redeemed from among men.
          Revelation also states that these are the FIRST fruits unto the Lord.

We can surmise that this event which these scripture is talking about, will happen at some time after John receives this message (96 AD).

According to the disciples (approx 40 years earlier) when answering those who thought that the rapture had already taken place, the disciple answered that it had not happened yet.

According to Daniel 11:45 thru 12:1 & 2  This will take place when one of the kings belonging to the Fourth kingdom ( the one which replaces three kings after the first ten kings) comes to his end Michael will stand up for the children of Daniels people etc. etc.

Without a doubt, the Roman Empire was the fourth kingdom

If we do not like what is written in scripture ....  all we have to do is to interpret these words in such of a way as to change the meaning of the message.

Yep ...  that is why we interpret much of scripture ... cause we don't like what it says.  which in turn causes it to be necessary to keep interpreting scripture ... which causes a lot of contradiction ...  and confusion.

The fact is that when Jesus said "this generation shall not pass till all these things be fulfilled .."  He meant exactly what he said.

The rapture happened when the sixth seal was opened. In 138 AD.

And then some time passes and then the trumpet judgments were handed out.

The super eruption of Mt. Krakatau (538 AD) marks the era in which the fifth trumpet sounded. There were famines’ and pestilence AND the Justinian plague wipes out about half the population around the Mediterranean.
        This weakened the Empire making the Western Empire vulnerable to invasion.

The bowl judgments can be identified in similar fashion.

I know everyone is getting tired of hearing this....

I'm almost done expressing it. 
           Good night and sweet dreams.

1. profile image50

The 144000 are the ones that are teaching the people, when satan is bond for 1000 years.
          I am not adding anything. You are the one adding. where in the bible does it have the word rapture?

The word rapture is a 19th century word which was invented to describe that  was first described in Daniel 12:1

Daniel 11:45 tells us when it is suposed to happen. 676 years after this message was given to Daniel.

11:45  When he comes to his end ...
            12:1  and at THAT time THY people shal be delivered, everyone that shall be written in the book.  And many that are in the graves...

The book of Revelation states that 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes of Israel shall be redeamed from among man, being the first fruits unto the Lord.

Picking of the first fruits usually happens before the harvest and are present to the buyers that they can grade the quality of the crop, and a price will be established for the upcoming crop.

SOoo  these first fruits are not those that will be in the first harvest (recurrection)

Back to 11:45   This is talking about "The Little Horn"
            The little horn is said to be a King belonging to the ....Fourth kingdom ..
            It is written that he will rise to power after the first ten kings replacing three kings.
               That Hebrew Nation suffered under the persicution of 14 Emperore of the Roman Empire before they were scattered through out the rest of the Roman Empire.  And then there was no Nation of Israel any longer, because that Nation  had come to the END of their DAYS, for that Nation.

The book of Revelations goes into more detail, stating that there will be only 12,000 of each of the 12 tribes of Israel being the first fruits unto the Lord

BUT  "IF" we do not like what is written in scripture, all we have to do is to interpret these verses in any way that we would like.
               There are 100s of interpretations ...  but only one true meaning of these words.

2. profile image0

God is everywhere.

3. romari profile image58

yes that's true...

6. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5597945.jpg
    Rapture this...

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

2. profile image0

are you being prophetic?

3. romari profile image58

hey I don't believe it's going to crash the earth..but if it will, the rapture has done probably..

7. romari profile image58

I have hesitation on believing about Planet Nibiru or what they called as Planet X..I think, that's not going to happen..because it's not included on the book of Revelation. But I'm sure rapture is going to happen.

1. profile image57
      Arcjahadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't believe in the rapture doctrine I look at it as a form of escapism for those that are not truly faithful because they want all of the rewards of being a Christian  but not understanding that suffering does come to the faithful,  a person that is truly faithful isn't worried about being here during the tribulation because we understand that the real reward comes after we die and then are resurrected .

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

You understand that huh? roll

2. profile image50

The parable of the tares shows that the rapture is not true. read what i share above.

8. profile image0
    Mtbailzposted 12 years ago

As much as I enjoy the simple suffering of other human beings, including, but not limited to, tripping over shoelaces, falling backwards in your chair, or spiling an entire bowl of soup on your new suit; I am not inclined to enjoy watching my fellow humans experience the literal hell that is the anti-christ's reign. The rapture is a sick fantasy of religious believers. This doesn't only apply to christianity; Islam and Judaism (mind you, all three religions come from the same ancient and barbaric philosophies) are just as bad. It's interesting how people are willing to be so immoral in the name of God. And, the funny, yet, scary part is, they don't even see it as immoral.

9. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 12 years ago

I'm much more concerned with ruptures these days.

10. AshtonFirefly profile image70
    AshtonFireflyposted 12 years ago

I find all the stuff concerning rapture, resurrection, apocalypse, etc. to be extremely confusing. I don't know what's going to happen, if anything. I spent so many years scared to death that the rapture was going to happen and I would go to hell that I don't really think about it anymore. I don't think that way now, I just...idk. I don't think anybody really knows what will happen.

1. profile image50

If you believe in Christ you will be OK. No need to worry.
      The rapture is a fantasy that people just started to talk about. I think in the late 1800's. Read what i said above.

1. AshtonFirefly profile image70
        AshtonFireflyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I know that the term rapture was not coined until the 1800s. As far as the concept itself, I'm not sure about . It's highly controversial. I read what you wrote above but I'm not sure how you drew your conclusions from that passage of scripture . Either way, to me, it doesn't really matter to me if there's a rapture or not.

11. profile image52
    ProsperousGuyposted 12 years ago

Only one place to find the answers - the Bible. 1 Thessalonians 4 and 5 talk a lot about it, and there's a lot of comfort and reassurance for those who believe. I especially like 5:9 - "For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ..." Another great place to look is Romans chapter 10...the whole chapter is great, but I like from verse 9-13 especially. In the New Living Translation (NLT) it says, "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved....(v.12) Jew and Gentile are the same in this respect. They have the same Lord, who gives generously to all who call on him. For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

12. profile image34
    LORD ENKIposted 12 years ago

ROMARI: Myself I don't believe in the repture! However I have heard considerable speculation that the Rapture will be the great deception! What does cannonical scripture say with who will be here first!! Wonderous things in the sky never before seen.And people will be decieved by this!! Tread very carefully with regards to this. Just what if the so called rapture is a clever way to wipe out people,if everyone were to believe they were going to GOD and in fact they were being exterminated under this guise!!Would that not be the best deception ever??

13. profile image34
    LORD ENKIposted 12 years ago

ROMARI: Myself I don't believe in the repture! However I have heard considerable speculation that the Rapture will be the great deception! What does cannonical scripture say with who will be here first!! Wonderous things in the sky never before seen.And people will be decieved by this!! Tread very carefully with regards to this. Just what if the so called rapture is a clever way to wipe out people,if everyone were to believe they were going to GOD and in fact they were being exterminated under this guise!!Would that not be the best deception ever??

All are possible with God. We might think Rapture is unbelievable and deceiving but for me it's gonna happen as what the scriptures says.. We'll gonna see if that's true or not when that time comes..See you in rapture!

lol

It's silly enough that grown adults believe and spout nonsense that is in scriptures, but now we have believers who believe and spout nonsense that isn't in scriptures.

Proof positive that believers actually read the bible. lol

14. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

Daniel chapter 2 describes a dream that Nebuchadnezzar has . (603 BC)

The Lord gives  the interpretation to Daniel; that there will be Four kingdoms, and  Babylon is the first.

Chapter 7  (approx 59 BC) Daniel has a vision about the same four kingdoms.
    Verse 20 Identifies Persia as the second kingdom.
    V. 21 identifies Greece as the third.

The fourth is not named however, there is a pattern established here.
    First, then second, then third  and then the fourth.
    Everyone knows that the Roman Empire was the fourth.

And yet ever since religion was officially established in 326 AD, these prophesy have been forecast to be eternally futuristic.

Chapter 11:45 concludes by stating that when this last king as described in earlier prophesy comes to his end; "At That Time" Michael stands up  and the Rapture (as it has come to be called) happens.

There were many other emperors to come into power under the authority of The FOURTH  kingdom, but these prophesy is concerned with only 14 kings belonging to the fourth kingdom; because there were only 14  given dominion over THAT Hebrew Nation before THEY came to the end of THEIR days.

Whether I am correct or not, proper understanding of the book of Daniel is required if we are to understand any prophesy of scripture.

The book of Daniel is THE FOUNDATION  on which all prophesy that comes afterwards MUST stand upon.
       These sets the parameter that any "supposed" interpretations that we have MUST stay within, or we are throwing truth out the window. We can not build out side of the foundation.

Judaism, Christianity and Islam all have this book contained within their holy scriptures, and yet it is the most forgotten or interpreted book of all.

And … there is a definite timeline comparison between  time in prophetic and time on earth.

In 538 BC Gabriel tells Daniel that 62 weeks will pass and then the Messiah will be cut off (killed).
       All that we need to do, ..  Is the Math .., then apply this equation any time that a time frame is given for a prophetic event to be fulfilled.

When we do this ... the mystery disappears. Prophesy can be laid out in chronological order.
    When we die we still go to heaven. 
    Knowing these things doesn’t change or challenge anything that Jesus said.
    It only clarifies these things which he said.
    Mathew 24:34 “This generation shall not pass till ALL these things be fulfilled”.
    But no one knows what exact time the watch will read .
    it.

15. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

I gotta get up in 5 hours  SOooo  good night

1. profile image56
      SanXuaryposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I see no point in the rapture except to give the Devil control over the Earth. If you our not right with God today does it really matter if there is a rapture or not? The last nut who claimed the World was going to end on such and such a day made no sense to me at all and should not even matter. It is an argument if it is pre or even mid tribulation but if you are a believer you will probably be murdered in the greatest holocaust any way. With the mark of the beast you will be singled out regardless. If there is a rapture then I also believe that some horrific event will occur to explain away the disappearance of who ever is left. Perhaps those first seven events poured onto the Earth destroying a third of the World will allow for such an explanation. The only real concern should be what do you believe today or do you only seek faith based on fear?

I do agree with your statements.

My argument isn't whether the "Rapture" is a fact or not.
        My argument is that the seven seals, trumpets , and bowl judgments could not possibly happen within a 3 1/2 year time frame.

The two witnesses which were given power to cause droughts and plagues as often as they want to within a 1260 day time period, in addition to the seals, trumpets and bowls ?

My argument is that these days in prophesy (none of them) are NOT days as we know them.  There has to be some consistency involved as to the meaning of days, weeks and months comparing a prophetic time period to earthly time.

In 538 BC, Gabriel told Daniel that in 62 weeks they were going to kill their messiah.  Approx 568 years later this did happen.
        A week in prophesy would then HAVE to be equal to approx 9.16 of out years.

OR ...  Gabriel was wrong.?  And if that is true ?  Well ? the whole house of cards falls down.

If a week in prophesy is approx 9.16 of our years?  Fourty two months that the Beast is given to blaspheme would be equal to approx. 1648 years.

Lets just say that the 42 months ends in the year 2012.
        This would mean that they began approx. in 364AD ... 
           What was happening around that time? 

The only reason that I am mentioning this is because...  This issue has to be settled in order to understand the chronoligical order in which the prophesy is given.

To do otherwise would be like describing all of the revolutionary wars, WWI, The Korean war, WWII and VietNam war as being one event which everything happens within a very short period of time, like maybe 3 1/2 years.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)