Find it hard to believe!

Jump to Last Post 1-1 of 1 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Sky9106 profile image65
    Sky9106posted 12 years ago

If we are not Gods, but for some reason we found ourselves here alive, living and well. There is no possible way we will ever be able to work out our own existence and purpose all by ourselves, and definitely not by being selfish.
    I think the next best thing we would do is to exercise some kind of intelligence. By being wise enough to analyze everything around us , then formulate our belief in such a way as only a true human can.
    So now how in the name of wisdom can some of us just simply come up with nothing?

Bless.

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This may be more insightful than some might imagine.  Those who do not know just do not know.  There is no knowing until one knows.  Who feels it knows it.  The seeker finds though the path may be long.  The stagnant remain....well, stagnant.  Emptiness of the soul produces emptiness of the mind.  The continuation of consciousness and its inherent wisdom is dependent upon the practice of earthly discernment.  There can never be nothing.  There is only the lack of recognition of something.

Sky9106posted 12 years agoin reply to this

So now I can say to you, with sincere human gratefulness. That our heads are travelling on the same understanding path. Being wise yet humble enough at this stage, so that later on in our fragile lifetime, we won't have to again be beaten into an understanding humility. Like so many allow sickness nad death to do to them.

There is only one truthful path for mankind and it comes through his sincere belief. The greatness of that entire scope, is that you can start where you please. I am convinced you will end up is a familiar place, one way or another .

Thanks for such a great answer Couturepopcafe.
        Bless.

2. kess profile image60
      kessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well you would find that if you stick to best and don't give up on it you would find all the answers you need and that you are indeed God...

You need not settle for second best, which actually is the worst for ultimately it is death.

And like you said its definitely by not being selfish...

What then is the test of selfishness?

If you spend your entire Life pursuing the source of Life you would never be disappointed and there is no one to truly Judge except  you yourself.
      And by this you stand or fall.

With a gracious finale.  I will admit , because it stands the tallest among mankind . Truthfulness!
        It is by this judgement of our own self, one will either Stand of Fall.  And that is the most important point of it all . What choice we make.
        I deliberately chose to do this. Ask this question, at this time, because for most of my childhood, I was able to observe many things about my own life, by observing and analyzing the ways of my family , friends and others. 

During that time there was this metamorphosis type action, that was constantly going on within me. I paid attention, and continued doing so throughout my life, to this point  and it allowed me to be able to sincerely understand more about myself and more about life.

It is this very same adaptation, which rules supreme in me. I will love to call it an understanding with my conscience. Now I obey only my belief. Because I had more than enough time to come to this unshakable understanding, that is excuse less and true, making me have a sincerely true purpose, which always start with me being as my mom always say to me : Son to thyne own self be true!

It's by these measures I conduct my everyday life and become my toughest critic. In all my observations, I have overwhelmingly concluded that my greatest challenge , don't come from myself but my association with others.
        And since I "must" deal with others , life will forever be that challenge, one that  we did not ask for, but must graciously accept .     

All my life from since a boy, looking around me, I see people doing their own things and especially  around this time and the Easter they will be in droves going to church. For a while I had no choice , but now I do.
        Yes my brethren we are the very first to do the judging of ourselves, and then whatever we believe, and I can only say to you , that "Evil" from knowing what it is and its capabilities , cannot continue to have it's way forever.
        Even we as humans try to add our two cents , by having Jails and punishment for what we believe is evil. Now what about that Evil man making money punishing the man he says, is a Evil man. What about him?

Bless and thanks for reading and commenting.

3. A Troubled Man profile image59
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We are working out our existence all by ourselves and it usually does not include sitting around formulating beliefs.

I  was able to look a little deeper , cry a little harder, pay a little more attention , to what my mother , the preacher, the politician , the teacher , the Bible, and my elders had to say , and it came to a point in my life where I asked myself : Well what do you think?
        So I got some help over the past 53 years .
        I think deep inside each and every man is that purposes he is here for ,especially if he has been looking at other men, during his life.
        I started by know that the average human person , has about 70 years to find out something.
        Thanks for reading and  the comment.
        Bless.

4. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I guess this depends on your definition of "Gods".
      Well, you've managed to mix in something that does in fact create a purpose. Being selfish is establishing a bad purpose for living life. If you don't believe what I just said, then I suggest you read my hub- What Is Life's Purpose.

Your life is for YOU to figure out, just as it is for every other person who has ever lived and will live in future. A purpose isn't granted or given, but is created by the individual. It's key to understanding yourself and your own life.
      Each person attempts to use whatever intelligence they already have within themselves. The problem stems from which is greater within them- ignorance vs wisdom.
      Untrue.
      It's called chosen ignorance. Some people choose to be more ignorant and wise.

Thanks for reading and the comment Cagsil, I do know the procedure, but I need to say thanks. It don't make me wiser otherwise.
        The truth of my statement came from a mindset of mankind not being able to pronounce himself as one in the hierarchy of his own existence. That he can only accept or work at finding out.
        Gods are the highest power any man chooses to pay reverence to as his source. He can stop where he pleases, to please himself.
        I love the line where you said

The problem stems from which is greater within them- ignorance vs wisdom.
        Because that's where to true character of man should kick in caring and sharing becomes those attributes which should undoubtedly  separate us from those we call lesser species.
        This am sure is a built in character of man.
        Thanks and I will read your piece.

1. Cagsil profile image69

You're welcome.
          And, why should humankind do such a thing? I mean, it's pure unadulterated EGO to pronounce any individual(himself) as an hierarchy, when there is so much to still learn.
          Finding out? Nothing to find out. It's not something to find. It is something to establish.
          No, Gods are an old mystical ideology for any gullible person to pay reverence to because s/he cannot figure out their own life.
          Humankind can and has the same power.
          I'm glad you enjoyed the statement.
          Character is what one recognizes of one self. My hubs on Character reveal truth here.
          It might do you good. You're welcome. smile

One more Cagsil, in your hubs ,there is going to be reasons why you made you made some of the choices you made , correct ?
            I don't know what they are as yet , but I think you will say you are a ....I must first go to be sure.
            I will first read the one " What Is Life's Purpose."
            Thanks!

Yeah, discerned wisdom- truth
              ?
              I've plenty others you can use as a guide also. You're welcome. I appreciate you reading. wink

That first one is quite awesome , and encouraging. I will definitely get to the other one you recommended first , thanks for sharing. Oh, what a profile page!

Bless.

Thank you. Enjoy. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)