Tell me do you believe in Reincarnation or not ?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (29 posts)
  1. LadyFiddler profile image75
    LadyFiddlerposted 9 years ago

Tell me do you believe in Reincarnation or not ?

I do not believe in reincarnation and I always ask myself a question. Which is if I am a human being and "MANKIND" suppose to be the highest of  all creatures on the earth, then why would I come back a rat? a worm, a cow or a snake? It baffles me, because if I die and I am to be re-incarnated I ought to come back SOMETHING BETTER an angel perhaps nothing more nothing less. Won't you like to come back something better?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/9082766_f260.jpg

2. pattyfloren profile image72
    pattyflorenposted 9 years ago

This question baffled me because I thought about the many mistakes that we didn't correct, or the many different types of successful people we may want to become.  But then I reasoned that if we do what we were suppose to do and live and love the lord with all our might, we just might come back as ourselves.  That would be the hardest thing to get over if you didn't love yourself.  So, I would want to have want I need in this life so I can remind myself that "do it right the first time" is a win-win situation.  Just my thoughts.

LadyFiddlerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hey Patty you made me smile, but i believe as you said if we love the Lord with all our might etc. I surely do not want to come back to this sinful world. Won't heaven be better when we are in our celestial body smile who wanna be back here...lol

3. Titen-Sxull profile image71
    Titen-Sxullposted 9 years ago

I do not believe in reincarnation or any other afterlife.

The assumption that human beings are the best animal, or the best nature has to offer, and somehow a rat HAS to be a step down doesn't seem right. There are many noble and even moral qualities to animals,

To quote Ripley from Aliens, "I don't know which species is worse. You don't see them f--king each other over for a goddamn percentage"

Also the idea with most forms of reincarnation is that you don't have a choice in what you come back as, it depends on how you live your life, act like a worm and maybe you'll be doomed to be one. Karma. From what I remember if you achieve enlightenment you exit the reincarnation cycle and become one with the Cosmos.

By far reincarnation is the afterlife I would prefer. The only other one that sounds good is some versions of Mormonism that supposedly involve rising to demi-god status and getting your own planet to rule over. Reincarnation gets you out of the problem of being alive with the same continuity of consciousness for eternity, which would quickly turn most heavens into hell.

Titen thanks much for your contribution i appreciate it and so true about being a rat is a "STEP DOWN"  Have a wonderful week and thanks again smile

4. Snøwman profile image58
    Snøwmanposted 9 years ago

I believe we come back as something better like you said. I don't believe a person can come back as a rat or a dog, or anything less than human.

I believe in resurrection, not reincarnation.

Hi snowman thanks for coming by and yes we ought to be something better not lower smile Ent!

5. LoisRyan13903 profile image63
    LoisRyan13903posted 9 years ago

As a Christian I believed that Jesus raised Lazurus from the dead-he was dead for something like three days.  There were other examples in the Bible when a person was raised from the dead as well after being dead three days..  I also believe that Jesus was raised from the dead after three days.  As for reincarnation, I have not read of it anywhere in the Bible.  So I don't believe that we come back and live a different life.  If there was reincarnation I would like to come back as me, but a better me-correcting my mistakes, being a better student and wiser.

Hi LoisRyan i totally agree with you. Why would i want to come back here as a cow? I believe in the resurrection for sure but we will be caught up to meet him in the air and then to heaven our home smile thanks a billion for participating smile

2. LoisRyan13903 profile image63
      LoisRyan13903posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I so can't wait for that day!

3. LadyFiddler profile image75

Me too smile with great anticipation sometimes i find it taking too long lol

6. Dee aka Nonna profile image61
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 9 years ago

I will first echo pattyfloren and say I agree this is a baffling question.  I have been intrigued by this concept for some time.....I've read it, thought about it, pondered it deeply but not real answers.....I will say this.  I want to live my life now in such a way that when I get to heaven I will hear "well done, good and faithful servant.  I want to be thought of as a good, kind, and always respecting people the way I think Jesus respected people when He walked the earth. 

Now that said, if their is such a thing as reincarnation this is the way I want it to be when I return.  I want to be fifthy rich, beautiful, kind, generous, loving, filled with peace, joy, respect for all.  I want to be surrounded by mercy, grace, favor, and I want my light to shine so bright it  beams out and surrounds those that are close.  I want to offer hope and healing. I want to be able to change fear into understand. 

I want to be SOOOOOOO much better than I am right now.

Hey Dee Good morning so definitely this stamps out being a cow or a rat right? because a cow or a rat or snake cannot do any of the things that you will like to be if you were to be re-incarnated. Thanks much for coming by. Love your answer smile

7. Junior90 profile image59
    Junior90posted 9 years ago

Edo Tensie-to b recarnated den brought back bt not wat u use to b, bt something better, than u did in the life b4, we dnt knw actually its a purpose dat we came here/meant to do in this life time, bt i think its a role in life, we r all brought here to make something of our selfs, bt if we r recarnated it is we have unfinished business & we r meant to finish it & understand wat we meant to do

Hey Junior thanks for your answer i really appreciate it wink We are all here for a purpose sure right about that.......

8. Sparklea profile image59
    Sparkleaposted 9 years ago

Hi LadyFiddler:
    I really do not believe in reincarnation...but I DO believe in an after life. 

I am a Christian, and I do believe in the Virgin Mary, that Jesus was born into the world to save us from sin.  If not for my belief in God, I could not function. 

Too many prayers and miracles have happened in my life, as well as numerous coincidences, which I have recorded in my journals.
    I even created a non-credit course titled "The Mystery Of Coincidences" and taught it at our community college which people loved.

I once heard a woman say regarding what happens after death: "No one knows for sure.  It is an eternal mystery."  That being said, I have read numerous material written by people who have died and returned to share what they have seen during those moments.  The most recent book is about Todd Burpo, a little boy who died and saw heaven. title: "Heaven Is For Real".   Tremendous testimony...then I saw the movie which was spectacular.  Incredible story,

I just know that if it is written in the Bible, it is true.  And there is nothing that convinces me that there is reincarnation. 

This is a great question.  Blessings, Sparklea smile

Well thank you Sparklea GREAT answer, yes i have the book with Todd Burpo i never completed it but i guess its because i believe in life after death. So i did not have to read out the book to believe Todd's experience.

2. Sparklea profile image59
      Sparkleaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You would love the movie, the little boy in the movie is phenomenal

Ok sparklea thanks maybe sometime i
      Will check it out

9. lone77star profile image73
    lone77starposted 9 years ago

No, I don't "believe" in reincarnation, I "know" it.

I've incarnated hundreds of times as a human. The object was not to come back as some "thing" better, but as someone better.

What I've learned recently in Kabbalah seems to change my perspective a bit -- that each incarnation has helped to increase ego (the source of all evil) for the purpose of bringing us closer to the burning need for something better. Same end result -- full awakened spirit -- but the details are different from my earlier understanding. And this makes more sense than anything I've discovered yet.

What's interesting is that Kabbalists wrote the Bible in code. So, most interpretations have been bogus. What a breakthrough that is.

Hi lone77star what you meant by ? " Kabbalists wrote the Bible in code. So, most interpretations have been bogus. What a breakthrough that is" i don't quite get it. BTW thanks for your opinion smile

10. peachpurple profile image80
    peachpurpleposted 9 years ago

christians don't believe in this crap but chinese and indian do.

peachpurple you said it raw as can be lmbo sure right about that it is CRAP . Thanks for stopping by

11. grand old lady profile image85
    grand old ladyposted 9 years ago

No, but life would be boring if everybody believed in the same thing. Personally, I think one life is enough. It has its share of drama, pain, gain, sadness, grief, happiness, calmness, contentment, and all other extremes of positive and negative in a lifetime. Do I wanna do it again? No. I want something much better after I die.

Well grand old lady sure if you live good and for God your promised a better one wink

12. manatita44 profile image72
    manatita44posted 9 years ago

Interestingly enough, your rationale is quite beautiful. Makes sense to evolve, doesn't it?

Yoga philosophy speaks of the mineral life: rocks; the plant life; the animal life and the human life. Each stage higher than the next. Sri Chinmoy teaches that it is unusual to go back or even to change sex. The Soul remembers its experiences and returns to continue from where it left of, this is the usual pattern.

Re-incarnation exists for the growth and development of the Soul. We are full of desires, and we cannot fulfil them all in one lifetime, and so the Divine, in its mercy, allows us to do this. Life's goal is happiness, or if you like, the merging of the individual Soul  with the Supreme Soul which is God itself. You may wish to read the book Death and Re-incarnation by Sri Chinmoy, available free on the internet.

Seek out books by enlightened Souls, and not that of the intellectual and curious mind. There are many in life and also here on Hub Pages. Write to me if you wish to chat: ceeccil@hotmail.com. Much peace.

Mana thanks for your visit i will be immortal when i die living with my saviour in heaven. I have nothing to come back here to finish . It is appointed unto man once to die and after death is the judgement . Re-incarnation is Absurd ....as an animal

2. manatita44 profile image72
      manatita44posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Friend.

I am a great respecter and accommodator of people's views. Yet you asked the question. Interesting. It is a peaceful week-end and I send you loving thoughts. God bless us all.

Mana same to you be blessed .thanks

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)