Skyrim - Concept Characters

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)
  1. Qaodust profile image78
    Qaodustposted 12 years ago

After completing the main story, as well as thieves guild and assassins guild quests, I decided to create a concept character to play. What I mean by this is, I would create the characters personality, then play it in a way that this person would act.

For my concept character I chose a coward. A greedy, diabolical little weasel who was absolutely pants pissing scared of anything that could hurt him. He would seek wealth via any means, but would never, and this is his key point, never face anybody head to head.

So for this toon I maxed sneak with all associated perks, illusion and conjuration. And because he's greedy, several points were put into speech. Pick-pocketing is easy enough without perks once it's high enough, and lock picking is insanely easy, so I didn't put any perks into these branches.

As I played, I followed a few simple rules for this guy. If someone had something he would want, they die. If I wanted to pickpocket.. because he's a complete coward and fears getting caught, the person would have calm cast on them, then pickpocket. If caught, they died.

When dungeon crawling, he would never risk himself, so conjuration became a large part of his playstyle. If detected and attacked, fear or calm was how he dealt with the attackers. The only time a weapon was ever drawn was when absolutely assured he wouldn't get caught and could cut throats in safety.

So, what's your concept character? After this guy maxed illusion and conjuration, it became far, far too easy, so I'm looking for something new.

2. JohnGreasyGamer profile image75
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 11 years ago

Ah, roleplay! I have to admit, your character sounds very interesting and I like the amount of detail you give the person! Alrighty, I'll have a go....

Ma'erg'ritaera is an Argonian trader who lives his life helping the people of Skyrim, forever respecting the ways of his grandfathers of Cyrodiil. Also known as "Tails-in-the-sand" due to his name being so hard to pronounce. Born a shadowscale, he respects his Argonian brethren and sistren by giving them discounts in his trade. Even though the Dark Brotherhood allowed him to become a trader, he still must learn the arts of sneaking and assassination.

He hides his dark heart behind a silver tongue, able to charm the tail off a pig. And as the Dovahkiin now drinks himself to death after so-called "saving the world", Tails-in-the-sand could practically talk one into being his mount.

Though as a trader, he requires a lot of athletics - he's often been said to bound over mountains in under ten leaps, though no evidence has been recorded. He runs very fast, and even races with M'iaq the Liar who is said to be the fastest Khajiiti in the land! But whenever he's confronted by bandits and his silver tongue isn't worth as much as his entire life, he must use blades! Born an archer and a fast-stabbing duel weilder, he knows how to use the sharpest of objects to kill quickly and quietly.

As an avid reader, he knows also of a book which taught him how to use leather armour - he accepts the blow, spins and turns around to slash his foes! Since he learnt to read he's become quite the assassin.

At the end of the day, he likes to brew his own potions to tend to his sore feet. Alchemy is always good for a man on the run, and his enchanting table barely rests either. He loves to sit down and think of new ways to pose a threat, and fend off those who harm him or his people.

3. BraidedZero profile image86
    BraidedZeroposted 11 years ago

What a great character. I mean no one that anybody should be "friends" with, but I love the detail. I honestly can't say I did anything to the level that you did. I chose a Nord and I only allowed myself to play through the game with a warhammer. I only took on missions that allowed me to kill things. And I played the whole game without using magic. And I was very conservative with potion usage. I guess that's about as deep as I got into the role-playing...

4. GamerxGuy profile image59
    GamerxGuyposted 11 years ago

What i done once completing on my main and getting to level 81. i made a Khajiit(may be wrong on the spelling) made him only use daggers and light armor and didn't carry any potions, only the casual block of cheese, and when the game got boring i would put myself kind of into the story to make up things as i went along, like i was in DawnStar and decided these people started a war with the imperials and killed all the people i could, it really does make the game fun for when it gets boring.

Diablo3 ERROR37!!! smile

5. glenn wallace profile image70
    glenn wallaceposted 11 years ago

My concept for my first Skyrim character was an otherwise noble knight, who happens to have kleptomania.
    He would wear heavy armor, and prefer face-to-face combat, but in his off-time would have the temptation to steal everything in sight. A master lockpicker, he'd slip through every door he could when no one was looking and steal people blind.
    Being an honorable knight, he'd accept any quest to help the downtrodden. Unfortunately, he'd often turn around and steal from those same downtrodden at the first opportunity. His code of conduct kept him from signing on with the thieves guild (so no fence) but his speech skill eventually grew high enough to allow him to talk shopkeepers into going along with what he'd probably call "a little harmless borrowing.'

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)