Yahshua And Paul

Jump to Last Post 101-112 of 112 discussions (659 posts)
  1. mischeviousme profile image60
    mischeviousmeposted 12 years ago

We cannot change our past. We can not change the fact that people act in a certain way. We can not change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude.
    Charles R. Swindoll

Read more: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywo … z1n53sxZU6

If I am going to regurgitate anything, it has to have an applicable meaning.

2. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

Better than the first and different in nearly every aspect, save the prime directive: love the Father and each other.

Yes you are correct,  ...   totally different ..... 
    except for the most important stuff.

There is very little difference between the two.

God promised in the OT that to turn away from sins is to be forgiven.

The OT promised a Messiah to come, and the Good News of the NT is that these prophesy has come.

3. profile image0
    Virgil Newsomeposted 12 years ago

Does anyone here even care that the text from the OP was plagarised?

http://www.wordwiz72.com/paul.html

I commented that it was stolen 11 days ago in this thread.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/92581?p … ost1982651

1. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I told you I had permission and asked you did you want to see the email.I got no response. I sell the book on my site.
      He doesn't say anything different than my 5 hubs on Paul. He just explained it a little differently
      I can not put my stuff here because I would be banned for directing people to read my hub. It has happened to me before.
      Truth is, I don't owe you an explanation. You're just wanting to cause trouble.

I can tell you are a child of God.

4. hookedhuntress profile image61
    hookedhuntressposted 12 years ago

Deborah,
    I am just curious where do yo get the name,Yahshua from?

1. profile image0
      JoelMcLendonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

She gets it from Hebrew.
      What do you think the name is, Jesus?

She explained why it is Yahshua way back in this thread.

1. hookedhuntress profile image61
        hookedhuntressposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My apologies,I will have to go back to find where I missed that.
        Thank  you. smile

5. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

I respect this thread. Just saying.smile

1. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Seriously? Because I think this thread is a prime example of what is wrong with religion.

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
        paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I admit that I have not read the 500+ posts. But isn't honest discussion good? Is it honest? I'm willing to adventure here if there has been "unethical" conduct.

2. profile image0

Why is it wrong? I am posting to show contradiction of the scriptures and I have one who is adamant to disagree with me just to disagree.

I am only human and it is not wrong to debate even vehemently

1. profile image0

No, debate is a choice. A choice you have a right to make. As is the manner you wish to conduct the debate. It is simply I see many cups filled with knowledge.....but little else.

3. paradigmsearch profile image61

Awesome profile, btw. smile

1. profile image0

Hey, I know sarcasm when I see it. smile I've been meaning to work on that.

WRONG! Was not sarcasm!!!

1. profile image0

Really?  Thanks. smile

Really. So now what? smile

2. profile image0

I just had the time to look at your profile. It's nice too. I love the quote and your comment about negative statements.

2. profile image0

I've said before, I share and I do it out of love. Who would put up with personal attack the way I do...?  because I want to share. Many people write me and say don't let his bad mouth stop you., We want to hear more. So I continue.

But like I said, I'm human and I get upset sometimes.
            I didn't even stop when I got this email
            http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/94171

I think I show a lot more than knowledge.

You are the first person who has said this about me..at least where I could see it.

But because YOU say so, I will bow out..no more teaching from me.

And yet you never offer anything, not even knowledge. You do offer criticism but that's all.

1. profile image0

You don't teach. You attempt to push your opinion. As does the christian fundamentalist. When someone disagrees you attempt to insult. You guys are mirror images of one another.

I've read your comments in several threads. I've checked out your profile and hubs. Trust me. On a spiritual level you have nothing to offer of deep interest. I'm not altogether sure what you have to offer on any level. It has been repeatedly pointed out that you have a tendency to cut and paste large blocks of pirated information. So, your claims of scholarly education are highly suspect. Imo.

This being said, of course I have nothing of interest to offer you either. I think religion is a dead avenue in the search for God. You guys who think you have him backing your opinions prove this daily.

1. profile image0

))****************************
                I won't comment to the rest of your lies.
                All I have to say is you never contribute anything but criticism.
                All you have to do is stay off my threads.

And this is considered petty bickering on your part. Follow the rules.

1. profile image0

I think, as long as you are a participant in the conversation, you bear a percentage of the responsibility for bickering.

Since you called me a liar, I have a right to respond. These were opinions I posted Deborah. Except for the part that you willfully plagiarize information. I'm afraid that is fact. I followed the links provided and verified it.

1. profile image0

I didn't plagiarize anything. I got permission to use it. Do you want to see the email?

You are the one bickering, because this is my thread and because you disagree you are telling lies. Don't hijack my thread.

I also don't push anything down anyone's throat. You make the choice to click on the thread topic and read or not. Are you continuing to bicker and change the topic?

2. hookedhuntress profile image61

You posted your hub as a thread..you might want to look into the rules for that.
                  Then you get upset when people disagree with what you say.ut you posted your views on that name
                  You can say that I did not stay on topic if you like but you posted your views on that  name Yahshua  first I commented about it and you get mad...you posted your views about  Paul first and commented on it and you get mad.
                  You  do not own hub pages these are NOT Your threads..but hey whatever I won't comment on what you say any longer.I can just make my own hubs and threads.

Trying to out Jew someone is complete nonsense.

1. profile image0

If I was mad you would know it.

I never posted my hub as a thread. You're delusional.

I commented in my own thread. I am allowed to change the topic in my own thread. Aren't you able to figure that out.

To out Jew someone is a racist statement. Want to be banned?

I am copying and pasting so you can't change your words

hookedhuntress wrote:

You posted your hub as a thread..you might want to look into the rules for that.
                        Then you get upset when people disagree with what you say.ut you posted your views on that name
                        You can say that I did not stay on topic if you like but you posted your views on that  name Yahshua  first I commented about it and you get mad...you posted your views about  Paul first and commented on it and you get mad.
                        You  do not own hub pages these are NOT Your threads..but hey whatever I won't comment on what you say any longer.I can just make my own hubs and threads.

Trying to out Jew someone is complete nonsense.

4. Jonathan Janco profile image61
        Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I was just thinking the same thing! This is what's getting 500 or more responses and what was the issue at stake exactly, I forgot. I've been just a spectator to this one up to now and I know I'm heckling but this is all become so silly. And another thing . . . you know what. This has all been kind of judgemental of me sorry. Do whatever folks

1. profile image0

Ok, that wasn't in a nutshell....but I think you said it all.

6. hookedhuntress profile image61
    hookedhuntressposted 12 years ago

All of your statements Deborah are so lacking in understanding it is hard to know where to begin.

You said,
    "Paul, in contrast, organized a great system of churches."
    You are attributing the churches down through the ages to Paul.Paul did not create "great systems of churches" other men did.What other men did is not Paul's fault.

You said,
    "Paul, contradicts Yahshua: 1Cor 5:11 "But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat." "

Paul was talking to a group of people that were spiritually immature,who where not able to keep company with people who were fornicator,covetous and so on without being effected by them,unlike Jesus who could. 

Matt 25:31-46 does NOT say what you say it does but someone that has not read it or understand it might believe what you say.

You said,
    "Paul contradicts this:
    2 Thess 3:10 "For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat." Does this mean that if poor people are unemployed, we should turn them away from any charity?"

In 2Thessalonians3 Paul is not even talking about poor people but nice try.

I am shocked by your blatant lack of understanding considering your so-called husbands proclamation of "Hebrewness">>Because that is what true Hebrew's do going around proclaiming their Hebrewness.

1. profile image0

Everything I post is true. And about the Hebrewness being what Hebrew's proclaim, I have to say, you're just a liar. You do not know any Hebrews

If you did you wouldn't have said that.

My husband talked about being Hebrew because you tried to act like you knew Hebrew and you don't...but it is OK to lie. Read your adamant words to me http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/92581?p … ost2026013
      Well Jooel's my husband wheat do you expect him to do.

Is this OK with you Emile?
      OH Emile..negative is a natural part of life. You wouldn't have positive without negative. The same way there is no up unless there is down. negative isn't wrong, it just is.

It just amazes me how many Hebrew scholars there are on the internet.
        He can claim to be superman that does not mean that he is and it has been my experience that any one that has to start a conversion buy proclaiming they are this or that usually means they are not at all what they claim to be.

You do not know me or what I may or may not no.

True Hebrew people do not go around proclaiming to be Hebrew to everybody, that is just ridiculousness.

You and he obviously do NOT know Hebrew as you know nothing about  translation,transliteration  otherwise you would know the ridiculousness of your use of "Yah" in your translation. 

You said in another forum post that you were supposed to be taking a forum break.
        It does not appear that you have or that you are..is that a lie?

1. profile image0

Oi  Va'avoi Li!
          Az Mah? Mah Lechah? Lo kelum
          Ani Lo Mevin Otcha. Atah Lo Tzodek  Ani Yode'a Ivrit, Ani Medaber Ivrit.
          HaMa'eiven Yavin
          Histalek! Kolboynik

2. hookedhuntress profile image61

Deborah,You and your husband may want to read the forum rules because you continue to break them.You both continue to post links and that is against the rules.I have not reported it yet but I may if it continues tongue

Forum Rule

"Promoting Hubs or other sites: This includes linking to your Hubs or any site that you have a vested interest in promoting. "

1. profile image0

What are you speaking of? You are not suppose to start threads to promote your hub. And I have not posted a link I am invested in. I don't even make money on my hubs.
          The link I posted above is to a post in the forum. LOL

By all means, report it.
          You come new here and try to bully others around. But I understand I think that's because you are Christian.

Why would anyone say they speak Hebrew if they don't.

My husband and I have carried on conversations in Hebrew on this forum a few times. And I have spoken Greek to another hubber many times.
          I did it in phonetics. Those who have been here a long time, know we speak Hebrew.
          I don't believe you live for God

I did take a few days off from the forums and it is not a lie. I get email all the time asking me questions. I have a right to use the forum. Why don't you seek God.

You feel you can't beat me, so you threaten to try and control me.
          Are you allowing the devil to use you?
          I have never read where Yahshua threatened anyone.

2. profile image0

You better read the rules, this thread was started by me about Paul and Yahshua's teachings differing.
          It is not about Yahshua's name, Hebrew or which links are being posted.
          Stay on topic and don't try to hijack this thread...Also threatening me is considered persoanl attack

The Rules
          Stick to the topic. Please stay on the thread’s topic when replying to an existing thread. If you don’t see an open thread about something you’d like to discuss, please open a new thread.
          Keep it civil. Debate and disagreements on points of substance are okay, but personal attacks, petty bickering, trolling, and thread hijacking are not tolerated.

3. profile image0

Here you go, a thread I started and I am speaking Greek
          http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/35982

4. profile image0

Sa'arah B'Kos Mayim

1. profile image0

All this says is:

Make a big deal out of nothing

3. profile image0
        brotheryochananposted 12 years agoin reply to this

nothing you post is true. This is blatantly obvious minorly by the fact you do not know what a contradiction is. To cut and paste single scriptures and then weave a doctrine around it would have you tossed out of the synagogue. Peter himself would reprove you and james as well.
        Every thing you have ever said about paul, marriage, the law and all other stuff is a bogus misinterpretation. This is fact not a personal attack, for if everything you posted were actually true, then I would not say the things i said, but I say truth.

1. profile image0

But you don't have ears to hear nor eyes to see. You have never received a revelation in your life.

1. profile image0

Devorah, Zeh Lo Meshane Tei-yerinkeh. Bevakasha Chaval Al Hazman. Chabdeihu Vechoshdeihu
            Magiyah Lo..Charon af Hashem. Yihyeh Beseder

Ani Ohev Otach Ishti

1. profile image0

Ani Yoda'at Ivrit, At Tzodeket.
              Ani Ohevet Otcha Baali (Gavra Rabbah)

1. profile image0

I said to Joel:

I know, you are right.
                I love you my husband . You’re a
                great man,

I hope this helps

2. profile image0

He says to me:

Deborah, it doesn’t matter Sweetheart. Please don’t waste your time. Take him with a grain of salt.
              Everything will be OK

I love you My wife

1. profile image0
                brotheryochananposted 11 years agoin reply to this

hahahaha
                and this is supposed to give you some degree of credibility for something?

there is a rocker that the two of you are off

1. profile image0
                  Deborah Sextonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What are you talking about. Who wants credibility.
                  I know I am credible and I don't care what you think.

I interpreted it because of a nosy person wanting to know, if it's your business.

1. profile image0

nah, its just some ungodly pride that makes you think your diplomas make you eclectic.
                    If eclectic means wrong and completely incorrect, out of context and with total disregard for bible rules of interpretation - then yes i would say you are completely eclectic.

True honesty would care what others think, especially if they give good persuasive discussion and solid biblical backing and especially if they prove you wrong. But you don't care. This is what Judas thought.

2. recommend1 profile image60
                    recommend1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow - I am just back from a month ban for reacting to a nauseating so-called christian - and here you are still here fending off horrendous attacks from so many people who have no idea what they are talking about !!   I have to admire your stamina but you know you have already won this argument many times over

2. profile image0

Ha'omnam'?  Macher, Kolboynik. Mah Lechah? Lo kelum

1. profile image0

Oddly, I don't think anyone probably gets the point you are going for. It looks to me like Hookedhuntress was dead on the money with her comments earlier in the thread about the intelligence level of people trying to out Jew someone else. Unless, you think your statements wouldn't stand up to the scrutiny of the average observer.

1. profile image0

They can read it, they speak Hebrew.
              Out Jew...Well a Hebrew is more Jew than an American.

I'm not a Jew, I am Jewish.What Joel said to me is kind, private words.

By the way, people's opinions of us does not affect us or matter.

2. profile image0

They speak Hebrew and Will know what I said. But....

I'll tell you some of the things he wrote. But I don't want to push my religion down your throat

We have been doing this for a while.
              It's not for you or the other person.

Many people who don't have something, don't do something, don't understand something, think people who do are showing off.

It's just a language..no big deal.

I speak Hebrew was just a factual statement.
              I won't hide my accomplishments just because you guys don't accept me. It is also good for reading the Jewish Bible OT

The reason we said we speak Hebrew in this case is because we were challenged about the name Yahshua.

You and everyone else would do the same. You never say anything to BY.

Also I've seen you argue with people on the fprums.

1. profile image0

As a person who has displayed a habit of attempting to remind people of the rules.....they ask that everyone post in plain english. How, exactly, does posting in a foreign language abide by that? And what purpose is served by using that language to reply to other people's posts?

Honestly. Some unsolicited advice. Get over yourself.

What is hilarious here Emile is those are English letters not Hebrew at ALL
                  That isn't Hebrew. ROFL
                  That is toooooo funny.

1. profile image0

It is Hebrew written the way it sounds. It's called phonetics.

Wow, you should feel really dumb right now, because you don't know what you are talking about.

It's clear to see you don't know Hebrew although you acted as though you were an expert.

That's exactly why we told you we speak Hebrew, because you can't understand scripture without it.

phonetics
                    plural noun [treated as sing. ]
                    the study and classification of speech sounds.

Here, is this better? I hope so, I had to change my keyboard language.
                    וואו, אתה צריך להרגיש טיפש ממש עכשיו, כי אתה לא יודע מה אתה מדבר.

2. profile image0

You are very wrong, we have to use English on our Hubs but that's all.
                  Where it says use normal English, they are talking about the cases.

I don't want to get over myself. I love myself, the way we are suppose to.

Get rid of the hate in your heart caused by Jealousy.

2. profile image0

Husbands are suppose to protect and stand up for their wives

After the words BY said to me.
            It says: Really?  Big shot Know it all

1. profile image0

Husbands are supposed to protect and stand up for their wives but not when they are about shoot the president lol

to much
              and thanks for the compliment but it wasn't me who sat me alone in a room and studied the word of God for what it actually says. I just thank Him i do not have an evil false doctrine or pride like you display.

1. profile image0

What are you talking about?

Compliment? I loathe you so mush my skin crawls.

Are you threatening the President?

1. profile image0

LOL
                  This misunderstanding or lack of understanding of a simple post shows that interpretation of the bible is way beyond you.

Those in christ are not supposed to loathe people
                  shame on you rabbette

1. profile image0

Loathe means digust. The scriptures say if you are angry without CAUSE it is wrong...But everyone knows I have cause.

A person who loves God is not suppose to laugh at another's calamity & misfortune. They aren't suppose to be scornful, provoking, condescending, or full of lust..but it appears to me that you do it anyway.

Double shame on you.

7. luvpassion profile image61
    luvpassionposted 12 years ago

Have you guys been going like this for days? yikes

I'm sorry I didn't take my laptop with me. lol

8. profile image0
    Jesshubpagesposted 11 years ago

Paul Worshiped and magnified Yeshua

9. profile image0
    Jesshubpagesposted 11 years ago

absolutely not what?

10. Druid Dude profile image60
    Druid Dudeposted 11 years ago

He must have really ticked you off. I agree about Paul. I have doubts about Peter also, but you carry the banner against Paul. Must have crossed you somewhere along the line.

1. profile image0

No, Paul didn't cross me. If we know someone is false we are suppose to warn them. Most Christians base their whole doctrine on the New Testament and Paul's doctrine.

11. Christinme profile image57
    Christinmeposted 11 years ago

Now it was the Feast of Dedication in Jerusalem, and it was winter. And Jesus walked in the temple, in Solomon's porch. Then the Jews surrounded him and said to him, "How long do you keep us in doubt? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly."

Jesus answered them, "I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me. But you do not believe, because you are not of my sheep, as I said to you. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of my hand."

- John 10:22-28

John 15:5, I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit,
    for apart from me you can do nothing.
    Romans 8:29, For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in
    order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.
    Ephesians 4:1, I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which
    you have been called.

Galatians 2:20, I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the
    life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

"Self " gets in the way of God. If you doubt do not be double minded but give yourself as a living sacrifice to God and HE will show you all things .

12. John Gagne profile image60
    John Gagneposted 11 years ago

I'll not debate line for line at this time, however I will offer the following statements.

When the Bible is read with the flesh (the mind) only and not with the spirit, then dichotomies, oppositions, and contradictions abound throughout the whole of scripture. But if read with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, those contradictions, though admittedly still tend to appear from time to time, do eventually disappear with the understanding that comes through God's revelations. These revelations come when the heart humbly searches for the truth in love, but seem to flee if sought with a spirit of contention strife.

When taking into consideration the societies and cultures to which Paul was speaking, teaching and serving, the multitude of contradictions tend to fade away. Knowledge, wisdom and understanding allows us to comprehend the continuity across such divisions God has created in His word.

May God bless you richly in all your endeavors for understanding.

1. Christinme profile image57
      Christinmeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

God bless you John .  We are of one mind that God requires us to die to self so we can be taught by Himself ( Holy spirit and Christ within) . It is so dangerous when we search scriptures by our own minds. When God shows you , HE shows in spirit and TRUTH. "Religion " is becoming twisted as man looks to man for revelation and not GOD HIMSELF.
      Amen to you John.
      IT is not who we are in CHrist but who CHrist is in us .

1. Chris Neal profile image78
        Chris Nealposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And amen to you too!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)