Someone in the US tell me this woman is not really this ugly!!

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (19 posts)
  1. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

It's a sad story, heartbreaking really, but how could a woman this ugly be a prostitute?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … ttack.html

1. brittanytodd profile image88
      brittanytoddposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I can't tell you why.  I watch a lot of Intervention (a TV show on A&E) and she seems like she might need some help...

1. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm thinking the gutter press picked out the worst picture they could find.

The poor woman lost an arm and a leg all the same.

1. brittanytodd profile image88
          brittanytoddposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, so sad.  What a crazy story!  Thanks for sharing.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

oh my, very sad, she looks disheveled and frowzy. She can take a bath, comb her hair and she will look ok

2. LoriSoard profile image63
    LoriSoardposted 12 years ago

Okay, at first I thought you were being mean until I went to the link and looked at the picture. She looks like she has been on drugs for a long time. The skin, hair and teeth are a giveaway. I actually have seen people who look worse than this. Meth makes skin tone almost ashy-gray and they get horrible sores. Also, she looks like she's baked a little too long in that Florida sun.

Fortunately, I can tell you that not many US women look like this one.

1. IzzyM profile image87

I actually felt mean after posting. I wish I'd worded it differently, and of course I am not suggesting that US women look like this LOL

I actually thought her story might be big news over there, and maybe better photos of her are circulating.

Apart from the obvious signs of long-term drug abuse, who buys her services if she really does look like this?

Is there a whole sub-culture I am not aware of?

3. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

I am constantly amazed what street prostitutes look like. None seem remotely attractive. I think it's just about the sex. Much like rape doesn't take into consideration looks, I think it's the same with many men who seek out cheap prostitutes.

1. Pearldiver profile image66
      Pearldiverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey.... It's Not Just about Dunking your Biscuit you know sad

However, when that is taken into consideration, obviously some see no benefit in having a cup with more than one handle! smile

Clearly she has developed her own niches without any need to appease search engines!

I guess cheap men would be strong keywords,

or perhaps three legged racing team player

or that old dance song.. Take me to the HOP smile

4. LeanMan profile image80
    LeanManposted 12 years ago

You should meet my ex wife!!! Us blokes sometimes forget to take off our beer googles and everything looks so lovely!

I guess some guys take whatever they can get (or afford) when they are desperate, but by all accounts this woman was once quite attractive before she was ruined by drugs and beatings.. It is a sad world that we live in..

5. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

Both the man and woman are know drug users and its just shows what drugs can do to you...addicts need serious help...

6. livewithrichard profile image72
    livewithrichardposted 12 years ago

It is very when you see just how drugs can destroy a life.  Here is a picture that I have seen being shared on Facebook. It is a 10 year age progression of a woman that is addicted to meth. I'm sure the same effect will be seen on those addicted to crack like the woman in the OP's link.

http://favorminded.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/meth_use_10yrs.jpg

7. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

I've seen these before on some police websites...it's a big wake up call to some who are addicted...hopefully it will have an impact..

8. VendettaVixen profile image68
    VendettaVixenposted 12 years ago

Sad story. If that doesn't keep you away from drugs, nothing will.

9. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 12 years ago

Attractiveness has little to do with a woman's ability to earn money as a prostitute.  No one said she was the best at it or made the most money at it.  smile

10. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

Izzy, that is a tragic story.  Poor woman!

I live in a rough neighbourhood, with hookers, druggies, drug dealers, and homeless people.  I don't care.  I like living in the downtown area, and I'm tougher than I look.  They don't bother me, I don't bother them.  But I see a lot of hookers who look worst than that poor woman. They work hard for their money, and then turn around and give them to the drug dealers, who are probably their pimps in the first place.  Drug dealers should be shot... dead!

1. IzzyM profile image87

I totally agree. I don't think there is a single hooker on the streets of Glasgow who isn't a drug addict. Drugs are everywhere!

Just think of the good life those young girls and women could carve out for themselves if they got to keep the money they earn and spend it on their families instead.

The scum that feed off them, are just scum, nothing else.

1. Rosie2010 profile image68
        Rosie2010posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Izzy.  They are scumbags!

11. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

She doesn't look all that bad to me, ordinary.  Men don't go to prostitutes for supermodel faces. They need to be not actively disgusting and willing to have sex for money.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)