Huge Spike Views

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (18 posts)
  1. momster profile image59
    momsterposted 12 years ago

Anyone else notice a huge spike in views and referral trackers? My views are up over 100 a day for couple days now and my referral trackers went from 300 to 1500.

1. mary615 profile image82
      mary615posted 12 years agoin reply to this

My recipe views are up, and I think it might be because I edited them and used the new recipe format.  I don't have many recipes (thank goodness).

2. THEHuG5 profile image60
      THEHuG5posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yea my views doubled for seemingly no reason. Not that I'm complaining wink

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 12 years ago

Where are the views from?

They could be:
    1. Due to a recent Facebook glitch.
    2. Due to going viral on a social media site.
    3. Due to someone posting your link somewhere in a blog or some place with lots of traffic.
    4. Someone placing your link somewhere that they shouldn't.

Double check where your views are coming from.

3. TamCor profile image82
    TamCorposted 12 years ago

I just noticed the same thing...I had over 200 hits in a one day period just now showing...when lately, I've been lucky to get 19 or 20 a day...

Strange, but hope it lasts! big_smile

4. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

I noticed this yesterday.  Today is going well too.  I checked yesterday to see whether I noticed any one particular Hub getting high traffic and, oddly enough, it was just the reverse.  A lot of Hubs got a decent bump, but nothing remarkable; and a lot of mostly-ignored Hubs got a few views.

I also checked to see whether I could notice one specific traffic source, like the Facebook bump a little while ago.  Nothing stands out that I can see.

I also had my biggest HP program earnings yesterday, but that's still unaudited.

1. TamCor profile image82
      TamCorposted 12 years agoin reply to this

But what is causing this?  Almost every one of my hubs got at least one click,but most got even more than that, and I don't remember ever having that happen before!

I'm not complaining at all, but like you, I can't find a specific traffic source, so I can't figure it out, lol...

1. Aficionada profile image80
        Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have just read Greekgeek's long analytical posts in this other thread: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/95747 .

I believe there may be some clues there, but I don't know whether I can put my finger on how to interpret them.  But the nutshell version would be that our Google Panda Rating may have been raised a little bit (strongly underscore may), and that would positively affect all of our Hubs - not just a few - until the next time the Panda Rating is changed.  I hope that's the case!  But even so, I'll enjoy it, even if it's just for a few days.

1. momster profile image59
          momsterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That link did not work .

Try it again now.  I moved the period (which was the problem).

5. TamCor profile image82

Well, mine's back down to normal today...

Should've known it wouldn't last, but just ONE day????  I was soooo hopeful, for once. sad

Ditto here.  Actually, I saw it for two days, but it's more normal now, today.

But don't forget that midweek is often the highest traffic point (for some of us).  As days move forward to the weekend, traffic seems to wane a bit, even in the best of weeks.

I've also noticed that every time I think I've figured out some bit of insight about Google, I immediately get a pretty big reminder that I don't.  So, forget what I wrote about the Panda tweaking.  It was a theory, but not good enough.  sad

6. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

For some here whose views plummeted this week, maybe some of your views mostly come from Christian Catholic nations (mostly from south America, some in Europe and the Philippines), this is the holy week and they are celebrating Lenten week. They don't browse the Internet as much during the week.

In general, G announced many changes forthcoming as early as February and that is why there is a "see-saw" in the number of views.

7. PaulGoodman67 profile image96
    PaulGoodman67posted 12 years ago

I had no surges, plunges, or anything untoward these last few days.  As Wrylilt said, it's not a bad idea to work out where they're coming from and also whether they are backed up by Google Analytic stats.  I had a few of the Facebook surges over the past month, but not recently.

8. TamCor profile image82

Honestly, I've about had it... 14 views today, and for weeks, it's been 20 or below daily, except for that one day this week.  On 77 hubs.

I was getting ready to add to a series that I've been working on, but I'm debating whether or not it's even worth it anymore.

9. sjwigglywoo profile image68
    sjwigglywooposted 12 years ago

Still waiting for an influx, have been promoting but not seeing much improvement on visits yet

10. wymyczak66 profile image86
    wymyczak66posted 12 years ago

my views also had a spike for a couple days, but now for the past two days my total views from all hubs are lower than my usual views on just one hub sad  I hope it's just this week...it's gone up a teeny bit since yesterday but not enough for me to start celebrating. *crossing fingers*

Im still able to find my hubs through google so I don't think google dropped me.

11. GmaGoldie profile image81
    GmaGoldieposted 12 years ago

Somehow I am back in Google's good graces and while there has been a little fluctuation, I too saw a small spike. I was surprised it lasted over the weekend too - typically my traffic falls on Saturday and Sunday (along with my earnings but of course!).

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)