Windows 8 is here! folks

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)
  1. CloudExplorer profile image77
    CloudExplorerposted 12 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6498667_f248.jpg
    For those who need to know about Windows 8 prior to purchasing, use this hub forum to communicate, to learn more, and to get the inside scoop on Microsofts new customer preview  release.

1. Stacie L profile image88
      Stacie Lposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I just clicked on this hub and heard a male voice and couldn't find the source of it.
      lol

1. prettydarkhorse profile image64
        prettydarkhorseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

it's the first vid, smile

CloudExplorerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Stacie, the users profile in those technical category hubs is located at the very top of the hubs without a profile image to lead back to the source. It only has a link of the profile name there, directly under the Hub title.

2. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
        Jesus was a hippyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

But I only just got windows 7 two weeks ago...

2. Stacie L profile image88
      Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

Ok I went back and now the pink flower image was gone and I listened to the video.It was good hub and I left a comment. I noticed the vote up and other remarks were missing.
      I don't think I like the new layout.

3. WriteAngled profile image73
      WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

Oh no! A Pinterest-style operating system!

Unfortunately, I am tied to Windows because of the software I need to use for my translating work.

I am not going to be happy when I am forced to change to this.

CloudExplorerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL, I guess its going to be the wave of the future for Windows customers

2. CloudExplorer profile image77
        CloudExplorerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Its actually a cool change thus far for me, I been using Win 8 for almost a month, and besides a few minor glitched its been good to me thus far.

4. raciniwa profile image81
      raciniwaposted 11 years ago

thank you for this information...but i've heard there is windows 2010?or is it just office?

CloudExplorerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Not sure I'll give it a look, but it sounds like Microsoft office 2012 that should be coming out if anything, Microsoft office 2010 has already come out a while back. Hope this help a bit till I find more accurate info for ya.

5. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image84
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years ago

Did they fix the mess where Word documents aren't compatible with older versions?  Maybe that's in Office.  All I know is they lost my vote with Vista, and the annoying pop-ups, and the fact you have to convert docs to the older Word version half the time, and, well, on and on.  I'm now on an iMac & I love it.

1. profile image0
        timmathisenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's Office. I quit the Microsoft game as well but I favor Linux.

If memory serves me, I think you can change the default in Word to save files as a .doc extension, rather than a docx.

I think you go to the Office button in the upper left. Click "Word Options." Click on the "Save" listing and change "Save files in this format:" to "Word 97-2003 Document (*.doc).

6. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image84
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years ago

Thanks for that tip, Tim!  I'll check that out - I'm still getting messages now and then from people who can't read documents.  It will make it easier if I can prevent the problems on my end.  I hear really good things about Linux, by the way.  I just don't know anything about how it works!

7. Mittalmailbox profile image59
      Mittalmailboxposted 11 years ago

I think they shouldn't have given Metro UI with non-touch devices. Metro UI works perfect with touchscreens but on regular Keyboard mouse based system it is difficult to use. They must give the option to disable Metro Ui.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)