Gingrich Bigotry

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (19 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Sooner28posted 12 years ago

Even as his campaign is coming to a close, Gingrich cannot resist encouraging institutionalized bigotry against homosexuals. 

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/04/23/g … -marriage/

1. Stacie L profile image88
      Stacie Lposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He's not the only bigot in the race. many of the GOP candidates are racist as well and didn't hide that fact in newsletters or speeches.

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The fact that you and others want to label his views as "institutionalized bigotry" and label the GOP in general as "bigots" is evidence that there may HAVE to be an amendment.   There wouldn't even be a need for an amendment if people would stick to the Constitution in the first place.
      Note that the article says when homosexual marriage was banned by a State, some liberal judges withdrew the human right of unmarried couples to have access to domestic violence laws, thereby taking away even the rights of children to due process.  That shows the Left's total disregard for human rights; if they can't push their agenda, then they take away the rights of innocent children.  That's bullying to the core.  Unconscienable.  It's all a game to them.  You can continue to play that same game, or you can actually look at the root problem.  It's up to you.  But as long as you try to play that game, there will be conservatives like me who continue to fight for true human rights.  Not special rights based on perverse sexual activity.

1. Stacie L profile image88
        Stacie Lposted 12 years agoin reply to this

well here are a few examples of bigotry

Newt Gingrich-"I have two grandchildren – Maggie is 11, Robert is 9. I am convinced that if we do not decisively win the struggle over the nature of America, by the time they're my age they will be in a secular atheist country, potentially one dominated by radical Islamists and with no understanding of what it once meant to be an American."

Ron Paul-"Given the inefficiencies of what DC laughingly calls the criminal justice system, I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal."

RicK Santorum-"The question is — and this is what Barack Obama didn't want to answer — is that human life a person under the Constitution? And Barack Obama says no. Well if that person — human life is not a person, then — I find it almost remarkable for a black man to say, 'We're going to decide who are people and who are not people.'"

Mitt Romney-"I'm running for office for Pete's sake, we can't have illegals"

1. profile image0

The only one that I can tell might be bigoted is Ron Paul's response.
          The other comments are spot-on.

And even Paul's comment may need to be taken in context.  I dunno, because I don't know where the comment came from.

2. getitrite profile image71
        getitriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

For years many places, in America, denied civil rights to blacks.  I'm quite sure you would have been out there fighting for the rights of those blacks, but you were just too young, I imagine.

1. profile image0

Yes I would've fought for the rights of blacks.  Just like I would've fought for the rights of anyone's civil rights, no matter what their skin color.

Sexual preference is a different matter altogether.   
          In America, all people now have equality as far as human rights go.  We have no responsibility nor reason to give any group "special" rights, especially when their agenda is based on forcing the rest of America to legalize their immoral behavior.

Wait.....
          There is one group of people whose rights have been jerked from them!  Children in the womb.   THAT is a holocaust of major proportions and EVERY person in America should be fighting for the right of each unborn child to LIVE.
          So it's very irritating and saddening and maddening when grown people want to fight for the "right" to make Americans sanction their sexual habits while MILLIONS of babies are being MURDERED as homosexual activists parade their agenda in the streets.

Give children EQUAL rights to the opportunity to live.  STOP the selfish behavior of adults who ignore children's basic right to Life.

1. Josak profile image60
            Josakposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The very term sexual preference is a misnomer, people do not have a sexual "preference" they are born a certain way just as your heterosexuality is not a preference neither is that of a homosexual and to deny someone rights because of how they are born is ALWAYS wrong ALWAYS, the homophobia of the GOP and conservative movement is repugnant and a disgrace to itself, saying you want to restrict the rights of homosexuals is no better than saying you want to restrict the rights of blacks or women or any other group that has no choice in how it is born. People who support that are an embarrassment to this nation which is based on the ideals of equality.

2. getitrite profile image71
            getitriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And that's what America is supposed to be about.  Conviction.

To us heterosexuals, it seems like gays are trying to move ahead too quickly with their agenda, but to them, it seems it is long overdue.  I try to put myself in their shoes, and empathize.

Abortion is a sticky issue for me.  Since I don't have a womb, and have never been faced with the issue, I don't think I'm learned enough to judge this issue...no matter what my feelings.

3. pedrog profile image59
      pedrogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm Portuguese and i follow USA politics with great interest, it is very amusing, a real circus, much more then in my country, and we have some great stuff!

thanks for this vid, great laugh!!

I'm sad the republican circus ended, i had a great time watching it till now, very amusing!

1. Josak profile image60
        Josakposted 12 years agoin reply to this

big_smile got to agree with you there especially while Santorum was leading, I still found it funny but since I live in the USA it was also very sad I have never been quite so confused in my life :p

4. profile image0
      Hubert Williamsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He's ending his campaign, not his beliefs.

2. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

Substitute "white" for "black", and see how you feel then.

3. profile image0
    Sooner28posted 12 years ago

All I, and other members of the left ask for, is equality.

4. Bob Zermop profile image67
    Bob Zermopposted 12 years ago

Equality for all. How does someone else's choice of partner affect you? Please don't say you pay for them through your taxes, they pay for you too. No opponent to LGBT has yet convinced me that homosexuality somehow hurts them.

Whether homosexuality is a choice or not I feel is irrelevant; in any case, they would still have the same right to live their lives.

5. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

Just think, 4%* of those murdered babies in the womb would grow up to be gay!

Perhaps we should be grateful for them that they will never get the chance to grow up to be actively hated and discriminated against by politicians or fellow citizens.
    smile

*Most often cited statistic of percentage of US population that identifes as LGBT

1. pedrog profile image59
      pedrogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's the spirit!!

This is why i love Americans!!  LOL (at least conservative)

2. profile image0
      Sooner28posted 12 years agoin reply to this

How many will grow up to live in poverty their entire lives?  Or grow up next to a coal mine and be poisoned?  Or go to a school that fails them?

The future doesn't look bright.

1. Mighty Mom profile image78
        Mighty Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No kidding, Sooner28.
        There are infinite ways in which this so-called sacred life is only valued while in the womb.
        Don't get me started on the subject of hypocrisy.
        Well, unless you want to talk about hypocrisy.
        smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)