Why can't men be men, and women be women?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (164 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 11 years ago

In today's world, guys act way too feminine and girly.  Women, want to act like men in many ways.  Men don't act like men, they are too feminine in many ways, and women want to do everything a man can do.  They aren't happy with their God-given roles.  God created them MALE AND FEMALE....there is no between.  He created men to be the bread winners and yake care of the family, and He created women to be "keepers at home". Yet, women usually don't fulfill that role, instead they have jobs and the home suffers.  I understand sometimes it is necessary, but in most cases it is not.  God created men and women differently.  Women are not any less than men, that is not what I am saying.  The highest call a woman has is to take care of her home and family. 
      Why can't people be happy doing what they were created to do?

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
      Randy Godwinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Which god?

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

1. profile image0
        Emily Sparksposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The One True living God

Oh Zeus!  Yes, he is much more sensible than the one in the silly old myth book called the bible. smile

1. psycheskinner profile image83
            psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am going with Paptuanuku.

Good for you!  At least you don't have to worry the hell out of everyone the way christians do with their silly novel.  smile

2. profile image0

I really believe no person can have true fulfillment in life outside of God's will.  There is no true, meaningful, lasting joy without God's direction in life.

This is simply your opinion, you do realize this, right?  smile

1. profile image0

No, actually, this is based on God's Word which will always come true no matter the opposition it faces smile

Well ask him to help you out with your writing if this is the case. tongue  But wait, he didn't help the writers of the bible make any sense so, never mind! tongue

1. profile image0

You say this because your spiritual eyes are darkened and cannot understand Scriptural truths.

And you say this because you were indoctrinated into your silly archaic beliefs as a child in some backwoods church. 

1. profile image0

No, I chose salvation in Christ in my own free will.  I saw the truth and accepted it.

3. Eric Newland profile image59
      Eric Newlandposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Eh, wrong. Any household that can live on one person's income in this day and age is pretty much rich.

1. profile image0

Like I said, sometimes it is needed, but most times not.  You see, if you live as God intended, and put Him first, He will supply.

1. profile image0

All you have to do is trust Him and follow His Word.

2. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
          Jesus was a hippyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Go tell that to the starving children in Africa.

3. Eric Newland profile image59

Thou shalt not put the Lord your God to the test, and all that.

It would be blatantly irresponsible for my wife to quit her job and me to go, "Ok, God, I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and You can just pick up these student loans, all right?"

And my wife actually kind of WANTS to stay at home, at least until any and all children we're going to have are in school. Not gonna happen, though, unless there's a Chapter 7 involved.

So kindly do not judge people based on an apparently very sheltered assumption of what "most" people can afford to do.

1. kerryg profile image84
            kerrygposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Seriously!

4. Jesus was a hippy profile image60

That's a very sexist view. Just because you believe people were created (even though there is no proof or evidence for that) doesn't mean that everyone should act how you want them to.

Butch females and girly men have existed in nature for as long as we know. It exists in the animal world too. It is simply nature. We are all different. Some men have more testosterone than others and some women have more estrogen than others.

5. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Skewed perception.

I'm not shocked or surprised. sad

6. taw2012 profile image61
      taw2012posted 11 years agoin reply to this

your findings is true in the present world, but it is irrelevant too. In this wold of competition everyone have to work hard so as to taste success. Women are no longer men's slaves. They will have to work if they want to succeed in life. That is nothing masculine. its a simple common sense.

7. Sirus Hunt profile image52
      Sirus Huntposted 11 years agoin reply to this

To bypass the whole god thing, where are you drawing your facts from? You do realize that what is considered masculine or feminine is based on culture and varies from place to place and society to society. To be honest, I first thought this was satirical because of how ridiculous it was— but didn't see a punchline of sorts at the end.

8. Cardisa profile image87
      Cardisaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

@ Emily Spark. I didn't read all the responses to your original post so I just want to say something about it.

First, didn't God create everyone even the men who act feminine and the women who act masculine?

I want to know when did God make us judge and jury of mankind?

I feel sorry for people who refuse to love others because they are different. There are women who were born with more male hormones and men born with female hormones that would make them act and function a certain way. On the other hand these people only have one person to answer to and that is God himself.

I also want to point out that a man with sensitivity is no less a man because he function against your beliefs and neither is a female less so because she does not conform to your rules.

I say, leave the judgement to God because he made us all. Love thy neighbour as you would yourself.

Oh and since you brought God into the picture, "remove the plank from your eyes before you attempt to remove the mote from someone else".

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Not only that, but He created feminine men and masculine women in His own image as well. 

Chew on that thought for a while, Emily, as you degrade other people for not being as you think they should be.

Well said, Cardisa.

1. Cardisa profile image87
          Cardisaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wilderness, what people fail to realize is that God has no specific gender, he is neither male nor female and yet he is both. He is depicted on earth as male but God is a spirit and he is beyond our comprehension as humans. We need to stop doing crazy and hurtful things in his name or on his behalf. He didn't ask us to be the defenders of the earth. All he ask is that we serve him and love each other. Love is acceptance in spite of and not because of. When we learn to love we will be able to see people without the veil on our faces.

9. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You do realize that there is what we call change. Good or bad, change is inevitable and it is part of social phenomenon. There are changes in economy, micro - macro, technological advancement, mass media etc. Your role whether as a student, wife or whatever changes and is affected by socio-economic and political changes.

10. dzephaniah profile image60
      dzephaniahposted 11 years agoin reply to this

One of the main reasons for that is the single motherhood. If a boy doesn’t have a male role model, he will NOT become a man. A girl also needs a male role model. That is the only way that she will understand and get along with men in her adult life. It has nothing to do with the advancement of society. It is the other way around. It has to do with the immigration from third world countries and their culture. In the third world countries, men are not real men; otherwise they would rise up and make changes. Women never start revolutions. They are survivors. That happens because in inferior countries, they disregard the traditions, that were left us by the maker, and having many children without marriage, and live a life without the care for tomorrow (here they get a welfare). I can tell you that I have lived in 2 other countries other than USA, for a while. One of them was Israel. I served in Israeli army for 5 years as an officer. Israelis don’t raise their boys in a feminine way and 90% of them are very careful not to bring a baby to this world, without the family unit. Israeli men are mostly real man. That is why Israeli army is considered one of the strongest and bravest in the world, despite the fact that it is a tiny country with population of 6 million. It has fought wars against armies 20 times larger and won! I can assure you that Israeli women are not weak; they are the strongest women in the world, but they follow the culture. The other country was Georgia (in Europe) and it is the same thing there. At the time of Soviet Union Georgia was considered the most advanced in education and economy, out of all the other 15 countries.

"One of the main reasons for that is the single motherhood. If a boy doesn’t have a male role model, he will NOT become a man. A girl also needs a male role model. That is the only way that she will understand and get along with men in her adult life."

Wow. I hardly know where to begin, but I do find it rather telling that according to you, boys need male role models and girls need male role models, but boys with female role models apparently become "unmanly." Nice.

"It has to do with the immigration from third world countries and their culture. In the third world countries, men are not real men; otherwise they would rise up and make changes. Women never start revolutions. They are survivors. That happens because in inferior countries, they disregard the traditions, that were left us by the maker, and having many children without marriage, and live a life without the care for tomorrow (here they get a welfare)."

LOL, most third world countries have much, MUCH stricter gender roles than the US. That's part of the reason they're third world countries - they keep 51% of the population from productive participation in society because "a woman's place is in the home." In quite a few third world countries, a woman who has a child out of wedlock can be legally executed, either by her family in the form of an honor killing or by the state for "adultery."

2. janesix profile image59
    janesixposted 11 years ago

Lol

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

Why can't people stop telling me how to be "a woman"? Being "a man" or "a woman" is whatever the individual wants and whatever is natural *for them*.

1. profile image0

Ahh...that is pride and rebellion speaking from one who does not wish to accept the truth of God.  You wish to live your way, which is contrary to the teuth of Gods Word.

I am sorry that the fact I am not living my life your way is somehow surprising or disappointing to you.

No, actually, I'm not.

4. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 11 years ago

I did not post this for a controversy.  The Bible says those who are not saved have their heart darkened and cannot understand Scriptural truths.  As I said, I do wish to argue.  I asked a question for an honest answer, not attacking my position smile

If you did not post this for controversy you have a very limited understanding of the world and how it is filled with diverse people.

1. profile image0

Define diverse?  There are different people yes, but there are also fine lines to be drawn in using the term different.  there are different colors, shapes, sizes, personalities yes, but different isn't ok when it controdicts Gods Word.  Those I just mentioned aren't bad differences.  You cannot look at sin and say" o, so and so is just different from everyone else and is therefore excused from obeying His Word".

1. Sirus Hunt profile image52
          Sirus Huntposted 11 years agoin reply to this

di·verse/diˈvərs/
          Adjective:   
          Showing a great deal of variety: "a culturally diverse population".
          (of two or more things) Markedly different from one another.
          That's the precise definition, don't try to twist it to your benefit, Emily.

You also made a lot of opinionated assertions along with your question. That's probably the reason you have so many argumentative responses.

1. profile image0

No, the reason is no one wants to accept the truth of God because they wish to live their way and do not wish to be told how to live.  This is because of mans pride and rebellion.

1. profile image0

God created us and has all authority in telling us how to live.  He does this in love, not dictatorship.

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image60

Is that why he made laws and punishes us in hell for breaking them?

lol lol lol

1. profile image0

the choice is yours......Heaven or Hell.  God, in His love, sent His only Son Jesus to earth to die for our sins in order to make a way for us to escape Hell........Yes, I call that love

And you are love's hall monitor?

I call that a dictatorship

2. psycheskinner profile image83

You are not asking to accept the word of God, but the word of you about what God wants.

He's never tapped me on the shoulder and told me to wear a dress, get married and have kids.

1. profile image0

Well, actually, He does define what He created us for.  It is in His Word, but you have to read it in order to heed it and know what He wishes.

I've read the silly novel already.  It says women are supposed to keep their mouths shut and leave the preaching to men.  Why don't you follow the teachings of your own favorite book if you are truly a christian?  But you already know that if YOU'VE read your bible.  yikes

I am sure she never eats animals that are stunned before bleeding out.  Must be inconvenient though.  That and taking part in the regular stonings.

Oh, and the never missing worship and profit.

She hasn't read the bible herself, obviously.  I doubt she knows what to think without asking some southern preacher to tell her.  I still think Tennessee Baptist, though! lol

3. Jesus was a hippy profile image60

No actually it is because people don't like YOUR opinion. It's annoying when people start a post with "No", isn't it?

1. profile image0

My opinion?  I think not.  I am simply stating what God Almighty has in His Word.  You are not arguing and refusing to believe me, but God Himself.....which, may I add, is a very dangerous position to take.

Yeah and you are taking a very dangerous position by ignoring allah and not being a muslim.

I can talk nonsense too.

1. profile image0

Allah is a man......human being.  God is God Almighty, not human.

Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection

"Allah" is the arabic word for "God". Sorry, I don't mean to make you look stupid.

3. kerryg profile image84

Mohammad is a man.....human being. Allah is the Arabic word for Yahweh/Elohim/Theos/Deus/God or whatever you want to call Him. It is all the same deity.

3. Jesus was a hippy profile image60

Of course, you are overlooking the fact that according to your belief, manly or not, they were still made in gods image and therefore your god must have made them like that on purpose.

maybe you should be arguing with your god about why he made them like that?

4. janesix profile image59
      janesixposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And why arent you in the kitchen making your master a sammich?

lol

2. profile image0

Ahhh....you act as if I am a slave....far from it.  As I said, fulfillment comes from obeying His Word.

1 Timothy 2:12

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

SILENCE!!!

LOL.

2. Randy Godwin profile image59

Thank you Jesus!  Hey, that's the first time I've said that in a long time!  smile

Finally, a Jesus I can believe in!

How do you men feel about being usurped, in a thread about righteous gender roles. no less?

If this were the biblical days she would be pelted by rocks or whipped soundly.  Ah, acting godly back then was a man's business!  These uppity women nowadays...

Well you know how it is, when in The Court of the Gentiles, do as the gentiles do.

I think she'll fit right in.

2. profile image0

Did I personally ask or direct this to them?  Assuming for a minute I was sinning in speaking to spread His Word, I believe they are the ones that joined in this convo.  I did not force them in commenting.

You opined about your god and what HE wanted for both men and women.  You messed up doing so.  No one forced you to do this. 

1. profile image0

I messed nothing up.....I simply stated what He says in His Word and people dont like that because it goes against their sinful lifestyles.

3. profile image0

Lets put that in context.....he was speaking in relation to the church.  This does not mean we cannot speak at all.  We are told to spread the gospel, and unless mistaken, that requires talking smile

Good, then quote the scripture where it says women should spread the word.

You want to put it in context do you? Perhaps you would like to supply me with the verse preceding 1 Timothy 2:12 that states as such?

3. psycheskinner profile image83

"1 Tim 2:8-11 — I will therefore that *men* pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting. In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; But ) with good works. Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection."

I don't see an 'outside of church' exemption--quite the opposite. Can you please show where it is?

*crickets*

5. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 11 years ago

Just what we need, another judgmental baptist to save our souls with their silly god.  Give me a break!!  yikes

What's your best guess?  Tennessee, North Carolina, Georgia, Texas. or somewhere else in the bible belt?  I'll go with Tennessee!  tongue

6. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 11 years ago

I say, to heck with gender roles and people should just be people, each one being true to their own nature and being themselves. Gender roles are fine for people who want to live by them, and there is nothing wrong with that.  But everyone is different and not all of us want to travel down the same road.  Why should anyone have to live a lie just to fit someone else's mold or standard of what they should be.   

You ask, "Why can't people be happy doing what they were created to do?"

What makes you think they are not doing exactly that?

1. profile image0

Because they are violating God's plan.  Simple........

It must be nice having a perfect knowledge of God's will.

2. Disturbia profile image60
        Disturbiaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I've never met God, nor have I ever had a personal conversation with her were she told me what her plan was.

How fortunate that you have now met an infallible prophet of God.

2. profile image0

First off, God is He, not she.  No where in the Bible will you see God referred to in female pronouns. 
          Secondly, I am not a prophet, only a sinner saved by grace trying to share God's glorious gospel.

The gospel you are contravening right now and on your hub?  That one?

3. Disturbia profile image60

Why should God have any specific gender?  Because some book that was written by men with their own agenda and for their own purposes, which had more to do with politics than religion, say God is male?  And why would it be God's plan to make anyone live a lie?  Gender roles were designed by men to keep women under their control.

7. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 11 years ago

why can't I walk around the house in high heels and cut off jeans in the mood strikes me?

1. janesix profile image59

You can!!

Wait....forget i said that!

2. Disturbia profile image60

I want pics of that please!!!!!!!!!!

3. profile image0

Well, obviously no one can forcibly stop you, but you still violate God's Word whether in your home or in public.  What is wrong in God's eyes is wrong no matter where you are.....home or abroad.

1. Greek One profile image64
        Greek Oneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

God said he doesn't want me walking in pumps???

1. Eric Newland profile image59

"Verily, though shalt not don the footwear of a woman, lest thou also weareth the fishnets underneath. Then shall you also posteth it on Facebook and maketh it thy profile picture."--2 Greek Ones 3:69

2. Greekgeek profile image79
          Greekgeekposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure Dionysos would be totally down with that!

3. profile image0

Haha.....it is the principle of the matter.  His Word does say that men should not put on a womans garment and women are not to wear anything of a mans......those who do are an abomination.

where is that in the Bible?   What if i look good in it.. better than most women in fact?

Paul also clearly says women should never instruct adult men, but you think it's okay to ignore that part because it goes against your lifestyle.

3. kerryg profile image84

Actually, high heels were originally male attire, so Greek One could safely wear them without being ungodly. big_smile

I notice that you are skipping over suggestions that your own conduct might be unBiblical.  This confirms that you get your information straight from God, I guess.  No need to obey the book.

3. Randy Godwin profile image59

Let ye without sin cast the first plate of grits! cool

8. psycheskinner profile image83

On a side note, how is evangelizing in hubs different from having moneylenders in the temple?

"My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves."

Come read about God, but your presence brings me money....

1. profile image0

I am making no money on what I write smile  i do it soley for spreading the gospel which is what God calls us to do.

9. Greek One profile image64

Are these shoes less sinful?

http://www.ladiessandalsshoes.com/photo/pd244074-pu_material_black_female_flat_autumn_shoes_with_2cm_heels.jpg

Simple, yet with hint of elegance and should go with anything.  Perfect! smile

2. profile image0

That is cleary a womans garment, correct?

why?  Does it have a vulva?

3. Disturbia profile image60

Greek One, you are so naughty, you're making me blush.   Now I can't stop thinking about the heels and cut offs.  But that aside, I think any "girlie" shoes worn by a man would be considered sinful. sad

1. Eric Newland profile image59

What about androgynous footwear, like Crocs?

1. profile image0

Question, why would any real man wish to wear something questionably feminine?  I believe a true man wouldn't even wish to be seen as girly.  That is what I mean, men are not men.

maybe i am SOOOO masculine that I can pull it off!

maybe I am SOOOO masculine that I have to be a little bit overtly feminine so not to scare off the women with my powerfully musky essence!

maybe I just like how the shows lift up my butt and arch my back just so?

That seems rather tautological reasoning.

It seems to me that what a man wants to do is manly, by definition.

3. Cagsil profile image70
            Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm actually enjoying watching you talk. The lack of your awareness is literally the sort of thing that should be criminalized if seen.

I am a Man and what I am, who I am is not decided by you. Nor am I effected or affected by your ridiculous belief in a G/god.

You have hope, which is based on your faith. What is sad is that you are not even aware enough to realize that your own actions actually go against what you preach.

4. Randy Godwin profile image59

So you wear only sandals?  These were the footwear worn by women in biblical days, or am I incorrect?  It's hard to believe you only wear dresses and robes and no pants, jeans, boots, sneakers?  Or are you aware of what was considered women's and men's clothing in those days.  I don't believe the ladies even wore dresses back then.  You really didn't think this one out very well did you?  smile

Maybe God changed the dress code.

2. profile image0

I do only wear dresses amd skirts.  I do not wear pants of any kind.  The Bible commands women to dress modestly.....this excludes pants, etc

Where does they bible say pants are immodest? It seems mainly concerned that you should always wear a hat (which you obviously always do).

Seems like you want us to do stuff that is in your head, not actually in the Bible.

Ergo, you must be the second coming. It's the only logical conclusion.

2. janesix profile image59

Seems like pants would be more modest than a skirt or dress.

I think anything but three petticoats and brushing the floor is indicative of a tendency to fornicate. 

But nothing is worse than not wearing a hat.  That suggests a tendency to not accept the authority of angels, and husbands (both of whom regard the female from above).

2. profile image0

You say this why?  Pants outline a womans body, revealing her body to all

two words...... "Easy Access"

Pants cover all skin, if you fall over skirts don't.

Still waiting for the part of the Bible than condemns pants.

C'mon Emily?  Only sandals or what?  It's a sin not to answer if you're guilty!  Jesus is watching, you know!  tongue

Now we're getting there.  Holiness Baptist or Church of God?  And you only wear sandals, right?  God hasn't approved anything else, has he?  yikes

4. Greek One profile image64

it's funny how ultra-conservatives have so much in common, isn't it

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/07_02/HijabREX_228x381.jpg

She looks like a man

5. Jesus was a hippy profile image60

Men are men, they just don't fit in with how you want them to be.

6. kerryg profile image84

http://i45.tinypic.com/2cwwykm.jpg

10. Greek One profile image64

http://www.esarcasm.com/wp-content/griffins-in-tights.jpg

11. Eric Newland profile image59
    Eric Newlandposted 11 years ago

Aw man, the topic got changed. Now my parody thread just looks random and confusing.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/97103

1. Druid Dude profile image61
      Druid Dudeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ok, so somebody way back said something about traditional roles. Control freak. Partnership isn't about who gets to be called Skipper. Or Little Buddy, either!smile

12. Greek One profile image64

Line up, Ladies.. Line up!

Greek One is serving up some sweet loving and smokes

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Nh0mYYNm0b4/TBPzxoks2jI/AAAAAAAAEL4/4wL0vpaOpbM/s1600/dukesi.jpg

Ill take the smokes...

they come for a drag.. but they stay for the drag

Or the fags.

13. psycheskinner profile image83

I have it on good authority that Jesus wore what would, these-a days, be called a frock.

http://www.dst-corp.com/james/PaintingsOfJesus/Jesus08.jpg

Or possibly a maxidress.

His first suit was his birthday suit.wink

14. Greek One profile image64

http://images.alarabiya.net/c5/57/640x392_78675_184486.jpg

Hey! There's Curly Joe! I wondered where he went!

15. Disturbia profile image60

Well clothes do make the man, isn't that the old adage.

No. They just hide his physical deformities.

16. Disturbia profile image60

I'm a girl, and by me that's only great!
    I am proud that my silhouette is curvy,
    That I walk with a sweet and girlish gait
    With my hips kind of swivelly and swervy.

I adore being dressed in something frilly
    When my date comes to get me at my place.
    Out I go with my Joe or John or Billy,
    Like a filly who is ready for the race!

When I have a brand new hairdo
    With my eyelashes all in curl,
    I float as the clouds on air do,
    I enjoy being a girl!

When men say I'm cute and funny
    And my teeth aren't teeth, but pearl,
    I just lap it up like honey
    I enjoy being a girl!

I flip when a fellow sends me flowers,
    I drool over dresses made of lace,
    I talk on the telephone for hours
    With a pound and a half of cream upon my face!

I'm strictly a female female
    And my future I hope will be
    In the home of a brave and free male
    Who'll enjoy being a guy having a girl... like... me.

When men say I'm sweet as candy
    As around in a dance we whirl,
    It goes to my head like brandy,
    I enjoy being a girl!

When someone with eyes that smoulder
    Says he loves every silken curl
    That falls on my ivory shoulder,
    I enjoy being a girl!

When I hear the compliment'ry whistle
    That greets my bikini by the sea,
    I turn and I glower and I bristle,
    But I'm happy to know the whistle's meant for me!

I'm strictly a female female
    And my future I hope will be
    In the home of a brave and free male
    Who'll enjoy being a guy having a girl... like... me

Bravo! Encore! Author, Author!

2. kerryg profile image84
  17. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 11 years ago

I was with you on this until you brought up god. I am a happy stay at home mom of 3 children. I believe in a man working and a woman staying home. I do this because my husband deserves it. After working 12 hours the last thing he needs is to come home and be rushed to do more work. I take pride in knowing he is fed and has clothes to wear the next day. I take pride in knowing strangers are not caring for my children. However I am an Atheist. I do not believe there is a god that needs to tell me something so common sense. Why would I want my husband to be miserable? Common sense has nothing to do with God.

1. jenb0128 profile image90
      jenb0128posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Good for you, but people should be allowed to live their lives how they want, without other people judging them. If you personally want to be a mom and homemaker and it's within your means to do so, that's great. However, don't say that it's "common sense" to choose that life, which implies that those who don't have no common sense. When my husband and I both worked, we shared the duties around the house, and neither one of us was "miserable." (And perhaps if you had a job as well, your husband wouldn't need to work 12 hours? Just a random thought... I don't know if his job forces him to work that much or if he does so out of necessity).

1. jenb0128 profile image90
        jenb0128posted 11 years agoin reply to this

(By "necessity," I mean economic necessity, of course. Just thought I'd better clarify before somebody jumps on me for that one...)

1. peeples profile image93
          peeplesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

When I said common sense I meant it would be common sense if a woman was already home (as in not working) to ensure that her home and family were cared for. I would also say it is common sense that if 2 are both working they share the house load. However I think if a woman chooses to work outside the home while her children are still home it is wrong. The only reason a woman should work outside the home is if needed for economical or psychological reasons. To choose to not take care of your children is wrong in my opinion. As for me I work from my house (psychologically needed) and my husband works 12 hours because they ask him to not out of necessity. It helps add to early retirement.

18. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 11 years ago

Should I feel like the bible or should I feel like myself? I decided to feel like myself, the concept being why let a book tell me how to feel.

19. psycheskinner profile image83

I suspect I will fit in better in hell anyway.

1. Disturbia profile image60

Since hell was invented by the church to establish and maintain control over the general population, I wouldn't worry too much about it.  But, your statement makes me wonder... if there is a hell, who would go there... those who live lives true to themselves, or those who live the lie?  To lie is a sin, so if I walk around pretending to be something I'm not just because of a certain belief system that says if I don't conform I'm going to be forever damned, won't I be damned either way?  So if one is damed if they do and also damned if they don't... than I say go for it, live your life by and for your own standards and let the chips fall where they may.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)