New Hub: LUSH: Dirty the New Line for Men is Great for Women, Too!

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (15 posts)
  1. Nicole Winter profile image60
    Nicole Winterposted 11 years ago

A link to your Hub: http://nicolewinter.hubpages.com/hub/LU … -Women-Too

My hub was unplublished because it was deemed as "overly promotional."  It's a review of an entire line of products from LUSH.com which is a company that is extremely near & dear to me.

I believe it was unpublished because of the multiple "links" on the photos of products... it seems a little shady to me that I would have to unlink these, though... is there anyone I can talk to about getting my hub republished? 

I really do think this is an automatic flagging of my hub due to "robotic error" ... the product reviews for the new men's line are quite good, imho... not to toot my own horn or anything, but I put a lot of work into this.

--- Nicole A. Winter

2. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 11 years ago
  3. Nicole Winter profile image60

Yeah, I understand that relache, but in this case, it's because of the links for the images... it's a review for an entire product line.  It's not *actually* overly promotional, not in the sense they're talking about, imho.

--- N

1. lobobrandon profile image88
      lobobrandonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If you think it's fine you could contact the team and explain yourself, if its something legit I'm sure they'll comply

Nicole Winterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This is so stupid, guys... how do I contact HP?  I've only been writing here for three years, you'd think I'd already know, thanks so much for your help...

--- N

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
          couturepopcafeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Why do you have a link under each picture? If you're analyzing/reviewing the line in your hub and showing the pictorial, where does the picture link go? Since I haven't seen the hub, it would seem you may have relied less on words and more on pictures and where those lead. I don't know. But just showing pictures without the links to outside the hub should be ok. Reviewing a line should really only need one or two links. One to the designers/manufacturers site and one to where to buy.

couturepopcafe: Oh, no, not at all.  I put the link under each picture, (there's ten products to the new LUSH Dirty line,) because there was a box in there for the link to go into.  The hub itself (word-wise) is probably over 1,500 in the word count.  This was a stupid error on my part of just mindlessly putting the "links" in under the picture because there's the option to do so.  The Hub itself is quite wordy, (as many of my Hubs are,) so it's definitely not an issue of relying too much on pictures, I just didn't think about how the picture URL's would affect the hub.  I fixed it and turned it back in, so in time (72 hours or less,) we'll see what the good folks at Hub Pages have to say.  This was purely a mistake on my part, adding links to each of the pictures in the appropriate link box.

--- N

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
              couturepopcafeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Awesome. I'd like to read about this line. Sounds good. Actually, I've done this in the past, thinking I had to credit each picture.

Thanks, couturepopcafe, I didn't like everything from the line, but some of the things I did like, I absolutely adored... hopefully it will be back up soon.

--- N

4. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 11 years ago

Hey Nicole,

HubPages considers all links which point to another location, including hyperlinks in the pictures.

You cannot have more than 2 links to the same domain. If you have more than 2 links, then it will be flagged as overly promotional. wink

I figured out how to contact them guys!  Thanks... Cagsil, doesn't that seem a little inconvenient for hubbers that want to do product reviews?  Should I just take the picture links out?

--- N

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You can do product reviews without having any problems. You only need to have a maximum of two links to the product you are reviewing, putting more makes a mess of the page. Especially if it's the same product.

If you do more than one review of a product in one hub, then you can have 2 links for each product. If you only do one product per hub? Then you can have just 2 links. (be careful doing this though because of the domain restriction- any and all links which are not in a capsule, such as Amazon or Ebay, are considered. If you use just Amazon links using the Amazon capsule, then those links are not considered).

If you have the links elsewhere in your hub, then the links in the pictures are not needed, even as a source for the picture. You can manually type in the sources location of the picture. Just make sure it is not hyperlinked.

Oh!  Cagsil, you're right, thank-you so much... I didn't think of it that way, I just thought, "Well, I got to give the source URL, right, 'cuz that's why they put it there.," it's only necessary for the first picture, everyone will know where they came from, how silly of me!

Thanks, guys!

--- N

1. Cagsil profile image70
            Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome. smile

5. Nicole Winter profile image60

Thanks so much, guys... Hub Pages took a look at it when I re-submitted it and it's back up in action.  I appreciate your guys help!

--- N

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)