Would a christian worship Hitler?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (34 posts)
  1. profile image57
    nonto21posted 11 years ago

God is a genicidal maniac and his record makes Hitler look like a saint.

Now I'm not trying to start a haulocaust debate, I'm just comparing one maniac to another. God killed way more people than any human ever could, yet Hitler is worse?

1. ptosis profile image67
      ptosisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The belief is that before you die, if you accept JC into you life, blah blah blah that you have an automatic ticket to heaven. So after Hitler shot himself, perhaps in his last few dying seconds he did all that in his small black heart of his - then a Christian would say - yes he is in heaven.

This idea of forgiveness is the cause all of the nasty things people do yet are able to still sleep at night. Native Hawaiians didn't have a word for 'thank you', or 'I'm sorry'. Words don't cut it, actions do.

(BTW mahalo does not mean garbage nor 'thank you', it means "I admire you")

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6784687_f248.jpg

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 11 years ago

Would an atheist worship Stalin? He was, after all, a very well known atheist, and killed more people than Hitler.

Or, perhaps, you'd like a trinity. How about Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot? I think, combined, they killed more people than God.

1. profile image57
      nonto21posted 11 years agoin reply to this

The entire population of earth, except a few individuals? Stalin mao and hitler never wanted to kill everyone, they just wanted people to see it their way. Much like the popes of the past and any other christian leader, before and after the dark ages.

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I would agree that those three were no different from any other blood thirsty, power hungry, individual. But that wasn't the question.

I was curious if an atheist would worship them.

1. profile image57

Not today's atheists.

1. profile image0

That implies you think atheists in the past might have. Interesting.

So, why would you think a Christian would worship Hitler? Don't you think Christians find man's inhumanity toward man as appalling as you do?

1. profile image57

Atheists aren't even called atheists anymore, now their called humanists. It's mostly because of the inhumanities, spurned by theological differences. So maybe a communist atheist might agree with those monsters but, today there are laws that inhibit such behavior. So, todays atheists  would have nothing to with them.

2. ptosis profile image67

I don't know, all I know is that not swearing, not drinking, and not eating meat does not make you a good person, (Hitler) - just as going to church doesn't, (traitor Robert Hanssen was in Opus Dei)

The church priests were part of the state oppression in East Germany, U.S.S.R, Argentina and the Pope himself. Personally I find it disgusting that an entire edifice of pedophiles can excuse themselves of despicable betrayals by faith.

http://www.infiniteunknown.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/caution-the-freemason-satanist-pope-is-coming.jpg

1. profile image0

I respect Catholics, but I don't understand them. I have no respect for the Catholic church, or the office of the Pope and can't fathom why anyone would; after everything that has been revealed of the cover ups and willful abuse of the children.

2. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And, now you have me curious- How many people do you think were killed? There's no written record of how many people were actually on the planet at the time. So comparing that time with Hitler or Stalin or anything else is absurd.

1. profile image57

Comparing God with reality is equally ludacris.

1. Cagsil profile image70
            Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes it is, so why are you doing it? roll

1. profile image57

I'm asking a simple question;

How is the theological, egomaniacal God any different from hitler?

Worship me or die?

Who would worship hitler?

That's the idea anyway.

1. pennyofheaven profile image80
                pennyofheavenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

A few differences spring to mind. Hitler was a man and there seems to be physical evidence that he existed. God exists for some even though there is no physical evidence. For many others God does not exist because of this lack of evidence.

If you believe God does not exist God cannot be an egomaniac.
                If one believes God does exist egomaniac then would be subject to how one perceives God to exist.

Even though Hitler existed he alone did not kill the many millions.
                Same can be said about God...Depends....

2. profile image51
                imkoinoniaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

First, God is not ego-maniacal.  He is a loving God who created you and wants a relationship with you.  He gives you the choice of whether you want a relationship with him through his Son Jesus Christ.  He does not force you to choose Him.  However, if you do not choose Him then you will not receive the gift of everlasting life with him after you complete your time here on earth.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
                  Castlepalomaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

In other words when most people do not choose JC as their ultimate love. They will either burn or worst die in Hell forever

Isn't free will in both those choice coming from an all loving God?

1. profile image51
                    imkoinoniaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm saying they choose not to spend their time with God.  I do not claim to know or understand where that is or what that will be like.  However, if the place doesn't have God's influence, then I don't believe it will be a place I would enjoy.  Whether there will be a lake of fire or be hot as hell as described is really a mystery.  We don't know if what is described in Revelations is a metaphor for the emptiness felt by its occupants who live without God or if the descriptions are real.  I know I will never find that out, and I pray you and those who read this never find out, either.

2. ptosis profile image67

That's a silly comparison - atheists don't worship - An atheist strives for involvement in life and not escape into death. An atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a church

3. Castlepaloma profile image76

Emile R
      How about Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot? I think, combined, they killed more people than God.

More people have been killed in the name of God than for any other reason.  Consider 85- 90% believe in God throughout 5000 years course of human history of the world in which approx 80 billion or more people who ever lived and died while believing or thinking that God existed. You would fight too if you were brainwashed into an one over ego group of your Religion, which was your only society out lite you knew in your entire life.

1. profile image0

I think you are overstating. You have to look at the underlying causes of war to determine if most are fighting for religion. Just because people profess a faith doesn't mean that it is that faith that made them pick up arms. And, the OP isn't speaking of religious folk. He's talking about God.

I'm still unsure of the number of deaths God may be responsible for. The flood (if you assume it is true) may have been as few as several hundred. The rest? Were any numbers given? None that I'm aware of. There are ancient stories of secular wars so bloody that fires in raised hearths were extinguished by the rivers of blood flowing. That's a whole lot of dead bodies. So, death for death, it appears as if man was holding his own throughout history. Until now. The scales appear to be tipped now heavily to our disadvantage if we are seeking a moral high ground.

I still think think the big three mentioned killed more than religious folk. Give it a few years, and a few more nukes, and those figures might change.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76

Atheist bark is much worst than their bite. The Atheist history of great men is lame along with their war record in the pass 5000 years,

The 3% atheist could not compared to 85% religious people war record today or the pass. If an Atheist war record was worst than religious groups, it would make an atheist person per ca-pita 28 times more dangerous than religious person.

1. profile image0

Well, I suppose if you put it that way, atheists are very dangerous. But, non religious war, to me, is no different from a religious one; so I have no problem with atheism.

Japanese kamikaze pilots certainly proved that it doesn't take a god to commit suicide to further the influence of their war machine. The Spartans made a name for themselves dying for the glory of it all. Samurai warriors committed sepuku (? Spelling?) for reasons of honor that, correct me if I'm wrong, didn't involve a deity.

I see no reason to blame religious people for doing what appears to come naturally to humanity as a whole. It almost feels hypocritical.

1. profile image0
              Motown2Chitownposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Emile, you really have to stop being so damned sensible.  tongue  It gunks up the gears of the religious arguments.

1. profile image0

I'm no different from anyone else. The futility of it all does tend to make me want to lash out. Which I have done.

But, sooner or later we'll have to accept what we are; and work together to change it.

1. profile image0
                  Motown2Chitownposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think we've all done our share of lashing out - emotion runs high when we discuss things that are so important to many of us.  Interestingly enough, once we start to agree on things, we're much more able to see each other as fellow human beings rather than simply sparring partners.  And, once we realize that ultimately, we're all in the same boat as citizens of a universe that contains more than we can ever hope to know, we sort of even becomes friends.

smile

3. Ron Montgomery profile image59
    Ron Montgomeryposted 11 years ago

I'm really tired of all these "Hitler" threads.....

4. stclairjack profile image78
    stclairjackposted 11 years ago

at least if we're going to post a hitler thread,... make it interesting,... state as fact that he sired an illigitimate love child and she lives in detroit under an assumed name,... raisning tghe new master race of master rappers,... white master rappers,... that all have an extra toe on thier right foot,... so that the world might know them by the mark,.. of thier feet.

come on,... get creative people.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)