Accusations Against Jimmy Savile

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (16 posts)
  1. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 11 years ago

Always thought he was an oddball, but never knew about all this: - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … d-eye.html

What deeply worries me is this line

"Savile looked on while two other stars (still alive) abused an underage girl in his dressing room and one had sex with her in full view."

Who are those other stars?

Name them and shame them now.

2. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 11 years ago

"I’m sure it’s why he always wore a shell suit… so he could just whip the bottoms down very quickly."

Yuuuuuuuck. Never liked him - those eyes of his always weirded me out.

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I saw that line. Made me feel sick because there is a ring of truth to it, assuming he really did do what he is accused of.

3. Hollie Thomas profile image61
    Hollie Thomasposted 11 years ago

He was absolutely gross.

1. IzzyM profile image86

As a teenager I had all the good-looking radio DJ's up as posters on my bedroom wall.

Funnily enough, I didn't have him.

There was nothing attractive about the man.

That said, I fully understand the teenagers of the day taking him up on offers of rides in his car, or going to his dressing room. He must have seemed very glamorous, being one of the top DJs and TV presenters of the time.

They say some of his victims were as young as 10.

The BBC should hang its head in shame! They knew what was going on and did nothing.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
        Hollie Thomasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Even as a kid he grossed me out! There was always something particularly alarming about him. When I think about it now he positioned himself as a man who could arrange anything; underage kids driving cars, taking trips that they could never afford, always arranging the unthinkable- he was god like, untouchable!

And what a perfect pedestal to start grooming kids, and their parents.

Yeah, funny how BBC personalities come out now and say they were scared of him, too. Kind of comparing themselves to the alleged victims, quite sickening really.

1. IzzyM profile image86

Ah, I read from this that you are quite a lot younger than me. You knew of him when he was Mr Fix-it. Jim'll Fix-it for you.

Yes, every point you make is true, parents and kids were all taken in.

And those who knew what he was really like.

Apparently he raised millions for charity, and he said to those who challenged his behaviour - "Go ahead and report me, but you will be responsible for NOT raising x amount of millions for a new hospital scanner" or whatever he raised the money for.

And no-one did. The money for good causes was more important than the fact that he was ruining some young person's life.

Ain't that the way?

4. WriteAngled profile image73
    WriteAngledposted 11 years ago

It doesn't surprise me at all. I always thought he looked and behaved like a disgusting creep.

1. IzzyM profile image86

That seems a bit savage Writeangled!

I wouldn't have thought him a disgusting creep (although I do now), but he did nothing for me at all either as a young teen or as an adult.

When the news first broke, I was with his nephew who said something to the effect of "What is the point in stirring this up now, when the man is dead and can't defend himself?"

But sex abuse is something that lives with someone forever, and it is only right that his victims get their chance to speak, at last, about what happened.

I'm not saying 'getting their day in court' or 'making money from the whole issue', and its my belief they aren't either.

But for their sanity this needs to be publicly aired, and lessons need to be learned so that it never happens again.

I'd make a hub about it, but ads would be banned, so what's the point?

Adult men that take advantage of young girls need to learn their behaviour in modern day society will not be tolerated.

Jimmy Savile is dead, luckily for him, but there are plenty more just like him out there.

Jimmy Savile is dead, luckily for him, but there are plenty more just like him out there.

Yes, highly manipulative ones who often  secure powerful positions for themselves which places them beyond reproach with the general public and those they are supposed to be serving. Think magistrates, school teachers, social workers and Police officers.

And no, I'm not suggesting that all those professions contain disgusting sex offenders which prey on unsuspecting families and children, but it's the perfect place to hide.

1. IzzyM profile image86

And they know it.

What can we learn? What are the pointer signs?

In my experience of working with sex offenders, there is no definitive guide. Unfortunately, there is always the power relationship between abusers and the children they abuse. Even if, even if, a child is abused by an individual who does have any special employment status, in coming out the child risks not being believed by their parents or others. This is consistently drummed into them by the abuser "who will be believed,  you or me?" That's pretty frightening on top of the guilt that a child often experiences, when they are led to believe that the abuse is somehow their fault.

I think we just have to listen more and tell children that no matter who touches them, or even speaks in an inappropriate way to them, they must tell us. But most of all, I think those adults who later say they "suspected" but didn't speak about inappropriate behavior towards children which they had witnessed, should also face prosecution. After all, their silence has enabled and facilitated the offender, they are conspirators.

2. WriteAngled profile image73
        WriteAngledposted 11 years agoin reply to this

As a child and teenager, whenever I saw him, he made me feel a bit sick.

Funny.

I think, though, it would have served as a good protection had I had the misfortune to meet him in life. Despite his fame, nothing would have persuaded me to go into any space alone with him.

5. Nell Rose profile image89
    Nell Roseposted 11 years ago

I went to see him in Jim 'll fix it, back in the day. he certainly fixed it for these kids. Yuck!

6. LeanMan profile image80
    LeanManposted 11 years ago

He used to live in the same area as me when I was younger, it was very common knowledge what he was like! There was no secret to it at all but no one did anything about it. He liked women and had a massive reputation as someone who would just touch up anyone that came near him no matter how young she might be..

1. IzzyM profile image86

See, again we are now hearing about this 'open secret'.

I had no idea, and in the 70s I used to read all the music and pop magazines and columns. No mention of this of course.

I see another two women have reported rapes by him to the police and investigations have begun.

May he rot in Hell!

And let's get the others named and shamed.

The BBC is a disgrace for covering this up; they MUST have known.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)