Something is Wrong w/my Lateset Hub-It is indexed under anothers'hub

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (17 posts)
  1. profile image0
    aHappierLifeposted 11 years ago

I do not know if this is the right place to post this question, since I do not know if this is a tech or other question,
    I just know that something is wrong with my latest hub, (written a week ago) in my Google search, it came up in the results,  in a totally different -(not mine)- hub,  but the words were the original words of my own hub and my name, It shouldn't, it should come up under my own hub listing.

Also, when I Google my Hubpages profile name, all my other hubs come up in the results, except this latest hub I am talking about.
    This is what the first search looks like:

"TAROT CARDS - ASTROLOGY and METAPHYSICS - HUBPAGES.COM
    hubpages.com › ... › Religion and Philosophy › Astrology and Metaphysics
    Psychic Intuition and Parallel Universes. by aHappierLife(12 followers). This hub is, among others, about my interest in Psychic Abilities and Intuition, Telepathy, ..."

Where the first line, in capitols, is the listing linked to this other hub (first line listing should link directly to my hub) and then the rest of the ad, is the original content written by me in my hub called Psychic Intuition and Parallel Universes"

This does not happens with my other hubs, when i search them in google
    Can someone please advise on what is wrong and how I can fix it?
    I would really appreciate it,
    Thanks so much
    A.

2. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 11 years ago

This just shows your hub isn't indexed yet.

You are seeing it under another's hub because it is linked there, that is all.

This is getting ridiculous how long it is taking new hubs to get indexed. I feel for you.

1. profile image0
      aHappierLifeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Izzy, at least I know the reason why, i thought it was weird.
      But, how can my hub be linked there? I never linked it to it? Is it automatically?
      And do you know how long now it takes to index a hub, by any chance?
      Thank you
      A

1. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 11 years agoin reply to this

HP links all of our hubs on other hubs. You see those hubs in the 'related hubs' section at the foot of your hubs.

Used to be new hubs were indexed very quickly, sometimes only minutes after publication.

Since they have introduced idle hubs, and have stuck a noindex tag on all our new hubs for their first 24 hours, hubs are taking a long time to index. It can be up to 3 weeks I believe, though I have personally not waited that long.

It is a good idea to ping your new hubs once they become featured. Go to pingler.com or pingoat.com and insert the url of the hub, and ping it to as many places possible (you have to tick the boxes).

Usually that gets Google to notice it and indexing follows pretty swiftly.

1. profile image0

Thank you so much for the detailed reply, sorry for my late response!
          That sounds like a great idea, i will do that, awesome!!

I am still wondering though,: our new hubs get indexed by WHO? Who does the indexing?
          Is it HP who has to index all  the new hubs?? Or is it Google who has to do the work of indexing our new hubs? I know I should know it, but i dont!
          :-) Thank you again
          A

1. IzzyM profile image86

The search engines index them. It just means they are listed in search and are findable.

Not just Google, but Yahoo, Bing et al, but Google is the main one. Something like 90% of all internet searches are made through Google.

1. profile image0

OK I see, so the reason why it takes 2 or 3 weeks for our new hubs to be indexed, has to do with the fact that now it takes long time for Google to find and index new sites, am I correct? Yes?
              Or does it have to do with what you wrote above, that " they have stuck a noindex tag on all our new hubs for their first 24 hours"?
              Has Google done that,? stuck a noindex tag on the hubs?
              Or is it a new HP policy?
              Thanks again
              A

1. That Grrl profile image73
                That Grrlposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Use sites like Scoop.it, Snip.it and Delicious to get a link to your Hub outside of HubPages. That will help your post become indexed by Google sooner. The more outside links, the more popular/ interesting your post will appear to Google.

1. profile image0

ThatGrrl,
                  this may not be strictly related to the subject, but I am trying to figure out how Scoopit works, If I scoop my new hub link into my Scoopit  page, isn't that a "duplicate content" ? Or is it OK?
                  Thanks
                  A

2. IzzyM profile image86

The reason it takes 2 or 3 weeks to get the hub indexed is that if the Googlebot sees it with the noindex tag, it goes away and has no reason to return.

It will NOT get indexed until the bot finds it without the noindex tag.

The Googlebot can see the newly published hub through grouping - if your hubs are grouped it can be visible on an older hub. If someone shares your new hub with Facebook or Twitter, it runs the risk of getting a visit from the googlebot.

HP no longer show your new hub on your profile or in the hubs>latest feed, until they are featured. Ideally you want no exposure at all for your new hub, yet it is still shown to your followers in your feed.

Any one of them could promote your hub for you, especially if they don't like you LOL. In the past, those promotions were great. Now they are harmful.

This whole idling of hubs is a new thing recently started by HP. (the noindex tag, pending hubs, the Zzz symbol beside low-trafficked hubs etc).

They were told by Google that there was too much crap on this site, so they devised this feature to stall new hubs while they work out a way to automate a process whereby crap is not shown.

As an open publishing platform, they didn't want to limit who could publish stuff, or devise a system where work got checked before publication.

So the hub idling and pending status is to give them time to check new hubs through the hopper, and they have subcontracted out the rating of new hubs to a third party.

I imagine this is a short term move until they have a fully automated system in place, but it is killing the chances of new hubs to do well.

Before idling came in, all hubs were featured immediately, and could be indexed within minutes.

All the search engines, especially Google, love new content.

Quite often, they would boost that new content by promoting a new hub to page 1 on Google search. This in turn meant you got immediate search engine views, and sometimes quite a lot of them.

Within a few hours that hub would drop off the face of the earth, but usually only for a few days or weeks, as it worked its way back up the SERPS (search engine results pages).

You knew right away when you had a hit hub on your hands, and it was good to know.

Now, when Google or whoever come round after the 24 hour wait, it no longer sees it as new content worth boosting.

There is no mad rush of views to let you know your hub had been indexed.

It may be many weeks before it gets indexed or gets traffic, and if no traffic is there after about 3 months, HP put it to sleep!

There is no point in writing new hubs while this is going on, as far as I am concerned.

And judging by the feed - http://hubpages.com/hubs/latest/ -  a lot of people feel the same way. I have never seen this feed so quiet with so few hubs.

On the other hand, those hubs in the feed that are newly featured and are less that 24 hours old relate only to a small subset of hubbers that are exempt from the idling of new hubs, which is extremely unfair to the rest of us who have been here a while with a proven track record.

Edit: Here is the Learning Center entry abut Idle Hubs - http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Feat … -Idle-Hubs

1. profile image0

Thank you again , Izzy, and all,
                  WOW, it sounds very negative, yes, it is not fair, and it is not worth it to write new hubs anymore, I agree, I was so enthusiastic about this HP before, too bad,
                  I understand now, why before, a hub would appear in the search results right away, and now, it does not, since the idling tag. So if I understand, the hub will be finally indexed, after the tag is removed. And the HP removes it after 2 or 3 weeks? Correct?

Does this happens also, each time we, for example, edit the content of an old hub, add a new photo or so? Does it go into idle again?

At this point, wouldn't it be better then transferring  a whole hub content (removing it from HP) and post it directly on Scoop.it or  similar sites instead?

(By the way, ThatGrrl, I did not find Snipit.com, is that the correct spelling?)

Or it wouldn't work? I do not know well how these sites work yet, so I might be wrong!! 
                  Pingler (I could not find Pingoat either) sounds great though!!
                  Thanks again
                  AL

1. IzzyM profile image86

No, the noindex tag is removed after 24 hours, by HP. When a pending hub goes featured, the noindex tag is off.

No, if a hub is featured, editing it does not alter its status.

No, those sites are for backlinks only - to bring attention to your hub.

3. lovebuglena profile image85
    lovebuglenaposted 11 years ago

When you publish a hub one of the way traffic is driven to your hub is by featuring your hub in other hubs written by others... Maybe that is what happened. Maybe your hub was featured in someone else's hub and that is why this is happening...

1. profile image0

Thanks guys, thanks Lovebuglena,
      No, that is the strange thing, my hub was not in that hub that was listed, my first 3 lines of my new hub, were appearing in the listing on Google, of this other hub,
      but when I click on that listing, my words or my hub content does not appear at all in that hub that came up in the search, that is why i think is weird! So my content is coming up in the search under a totally different hub that is not mine! But only in the Google search result page, not for real, because when I click, it is not there anymore

I wanted to know if someone can explain what is the "noindex tag'  that seems to be added to our new hubs, and it seems, like Izzy was mentioning above, is one of the reasons why it takes time for our hubs to be indexed. Who adds this "noindex tag" on our new hubs?
      Is there a way for us to remove it?
      I trying to understand what this implies, thanks all again
      AL

4. LucidDreams profile image63
    LucidDreamsposted 11 years ago

aHappierlife
    I have found the same problem while doing Google searches. Seems as if something is wrong in the way Google is indexing Hubpages, or the way Hubpages robot txt is telling it to. Either way something is amiss and you are not the onlye one being affected by these strange search results. Hopfully something will be fixed!

1. profile image0

LucidDreams
      Have you tried to report this tech issues to the HP Pages team yet?

yes, I think you are right, I think too my new hub has been indexed, but in a a wrong way, it still keeps on coming up under someone else's hub, it is like another hub is using my content to get listed.
      If you hear more news about it, please let me know
      Thanks
      A

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)