Tired of being all about the disease?!

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)
  1. elenagarcia profile image65
    elenagarciaposted 11 years ago

I have been a type II diabetic for 10+ years. I struggle with keeping it in control. What I struggle with the most, however, is not being heard by doctors. They can't see past my disease to listen to the symptoms I'm trying to tell them about. I've had to venture from my regular doctor to get second opinions. It's happened twice recently. The first turned out to be my gallbladder, and the second turned out to R.A.  With the second one, I was argued with and fussed at to the point of tears about my diabetes. I'm just wanting to know if any other diabetics are going through the same thing.

1. StandingJaguar profile image68
      StandingJaguarposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am not a diabetic, but it sounds like you need a new doctor!! I know it is not easy to schedule several appointments and tell your story several times, but finding a doctor who LISTENS TO YOU is invaluable. You are already showing that you are willing to stick up for yourself... by recognizing that the doctor did not meet your needs and going out to find another one. Great! See if you can schedule consultations with new doctors and explain to them you need someone who will listen to you. If they don't offer consultations, then it's probably because they don't listen!

You may also want to look into "holistic" doctors. The whole point of holistic medicine is to take each patient as a unique individual, because there is no "one size fits all". These doctors are much more likely to converse with you and get to know you, and are also more likely to understand that diabetes is not the only thing your body is going through.

Good luck!

1. profile image53
        Robertr04posted 11 years agoin reply to this

elenagarcia, please listen. Arthritis is caused by aciidty. Many different forms of arthritis are the result of acid accumulation from the blood in the joints and wrists. It is the accumulation of acid that damages cartilages and coats the cells that produce synovial ( a fluid secreted by a synovial membrane to lubricate a joint) and bursa ( a sac containing fluid, forming part of the usual structure of a joint such as the knee or elbow, where it protects against frequent pressure and rubbing) fluids causing dryness which irritates the joints, manisfesting swelling. With detoxification (cleansing of blood, lymphatic, liver, bowel and kidney, etc.) coupled with an alkaline diet, bringing your pH in balance, arthritis should disappear. Diabetes is also caused by an acid condition of the body. The pancreas produces one of the highest pH body fluids ( 8.8). A shortage of calcium ions in the body impairs the production and release of the insulin hormone. This eventually leads to an acidic blood condition. With accumulated acidic waste products coating the receptor sites of the insulin producing beta cells, insulin is prevented from being synthesized or utilized. Diabetes is the result. This also could be improved by an alkaline diet and detoxification. Good health is simple, not necessarily easy (discipline needed), but amazingly simple. Bring your pH in balance (the juice of 2 lemons and limes organic if possible, in a pint of distilled water, 2 table spoons of apple cider vinegar with "mother" in 4-5oz of distilled water, both drinks 3x/day, 6 days/wk, an alkaline diet (80% alkaline, 20% acid), natural dietary supplements (quality of our food will not give you the nutrients needed), leave the synthetics alone, drink alkaline beverages (distilled water, herbal teas, fresh fruit and veg. juices), detoxify, oxygenate, exercise and rest. Whether ill or not, watch what happens. It will not happen over night, but if you make this a way of life... To your good health.

2. Alphapx profile image62
    Alphapxposted 11 years ago

Your advice is awesome. Simple but robust. I would want to follow your brilliant tips. Thanks a lot.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)