Why we need Education.

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (32 posts)
  1. rutheena profile image58
    rutheenaposted 15 years ago

Education is like food and shelter. It is considered basic to one's life. While food is for health and shelter for the body, education is for the mind.

Education enhances one's knowledge and as the saying goes; knowledge is power. However, power that a person posses will be dependent on how an individual uses it.

This is where the education should be given importance. As education is geared towards individual development, such development should eventually transform into social development.

It is one important policy that a state must promote, as education is the only means to understand its history, culture and to some extent their religion. Education is the only means to unite a country, a people as nation.

1. guidebaba profile image57
      guidebabaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I needed the education to become an Electronics and Communication Engineer and to Publish Hubs and Earn $$$.

1. oryzana profile image59
        oryzanaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I was forced to do study when i was little(sort of smile), but i'm glad to become an educated person now. and i just can't stop my self from continuos learning .. still doing my master and planning to do phd... eventhough i'm very busy with my daily work as a system engineer and a mother of two... like i said.. just can't stop learning new things...

You still look LITTLE in your Profile Image.

1. thranax profile image73
            thranaxposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Lol-Yeah he does.

2. thranax profile image73

^
        LOL.

3. rutheena profile image58
        rutheenaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well, you better start now so you will have a future and earn $$$$

Dear, I already have a good job in my hand and earn handsome salary. Don't worry.

Not to argue, but it can always be improved upon smile if your happy then this need not apply, if you want to make more money then it can always be improved upon. People don't get a very simple concept, so simple no one even thinks about it.

Check it, you can create as much debt and bills as you want. Lots are currently doing this. But they never inverse it lol. You can spend a limitless amount, therefore you can make a limitless amount. Just because one is easy and the other one is hard doesn't matter. Thats what she said. Anyway, don't get mad because there is always more you can make, you just need to be smart enough to obtain what you rightfully want and deserve.

Man I have observed you following me everywhere on HP. Does this help in any possible. Just a simple question. Plz do not take it any other way. Thanks.

I don't follow you everywhere, I go forum to forum and your just in the topics I reply to. Don't think I'm following you. And you do come up with excellent points sometimes. I just like discussions and apparently you do to. I don't think anything of pointing this out but I'm very active on the forums and apparently you are to, therefore we will run into each other a lot smile

2. mingoville profile image54
      mingovilleposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Education is a continuous process it doesn't limit between the four walls of the classroom. Education is necessary to equip us to face daily challenges of life. Though some are not privilege to be sent to school, but through experience they learn.

3. pebbles29 profile image58
      pebbles29posted 15 years agoin reply to this

true. :00: i can see alot of children on the street not going to school and just wasting their lives. i feel sad for them because they should be in school studying and preparing for their future. sad

4. wubegzier profile image58
      wubegzierposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  2. angelamp profile image60
    angelampposted 15 years ago

Education is essential for every human being; without it, how will one have a better life?  Education is not a privilege but it is every person’s RIGHT.  Everyone deserves to be educated no matter which spectrum of society he or she hails from.  When every single person in the world is educated, there are better chances that each and everyone will be able to communicate with people better, hold better occupations, and get involved in better causes.

Educated people tend to be more open to new ideas hence they have better chances of communicating and expounding their views with other people.  When there is better communication with the people of the world, there are chances that conflict will be minimal, and peace and order will surely take place.

Education can help people alleviate their lives from poverty.  People who are educated have better chances of being employed thus, they can earn for their family and themselves.  If People have better and stable jobs, there are chances that they will not get involved with crimes which some of them desperately do because they lack money.

Educated people have a better sense of what to do with the world thus they also tend not to live their lives only for themselves but also for other people in the world.  Causes and foundations which involve resolving issues in depressed places and other problem areas in the world are run mostly by people who know how such things work.  Some even do their best to educate people from such situations in order to help them stand up on their own and live better lives. 

Education can be the best solution to all the world’s problems.  Let’s do our part in helping the government and not so fortunate people in achieving their dreams by letting them know that EDUCATION IS A RIGHT.

I also agree with mingoville that:

Education is a continuous process it doesn't limit between the four walls of the classroom. Education is necessary to equip us to face daily challenges of life. Though some are not privilege to be sent to school, but through experience they learn.

1. UnschoolingPDX profile image61
      UnschoolingPDXposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Beautifully written. I have nothing to add to this.

3. profile image58
    Dave Teacherposted 15 years ago

It's worth noting on this Fourth of July what Thomas Jefferson said about your point:  "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories. And to render even them safe, their minds must be improved to a certain degree." --Thomas Jefferson: Notes on Virginia   You said it well in the modern sense!

4. BeatsMe profile image53
    BeatsMeposted 15 years ago

If we didn't have education, we won't be able to write here. lol

Thats the point, lots of people can't write here if they wanted to =o

1. frogdropping profile image76
        frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

edumakashun is kool big_smile

5. Whyra profile image61
    Whyraposted 15 years ago

I don’t know education is important or not. But I came to know that there were some scientists exist where they don’t know what these schools are.

6. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 15 years ago

Let's not forget those with a education seem to think they have cornered the market lol lol

7. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 15 years ago

I too believe in education, but I feel that formal education misses many things. As a child I did not go to school and was working before I learnt to read and write. I educated myself by reading and learning to read at the same time. In many ways my education although informal was quite good as it was voluntary, diverse and included a lot of life skills. I am getting old now, and the skills I learnt by myself have been useful my whole life. I have worked in many jobs considered to be for  University graduates only, (International finance for one) and many of my formally educated friends are very poorly educated in my view. My belief is that if one needs to know, knowledge  is available, and the desire for education will win through.
    My youngest son is at University and the things he does not know astound me. I hope when he gets his doctorate that he will have developed a broader knowledge.
    The most important skill I have is being able to think outside the squares and think for myself.

8. webwin profile image60
    webwinposted 15 years ago

Because the Knowledge can not be write  into our brain.smile

9. thranax profile image73
    thranaxposted 15 years ago

Because without it we wouldn't have a language, a computer, common sense, or even Hubpages!
    We would be like an animal without education, savage running on instinct. 

~thranax~

10. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 15 years ago

Education can be informal or formal.

Informal education is what you are taught from your family or friends. You learn "street-smarts' and how to deal with the world using common sense.

A formal education is necessary because it provides a different outlook on life. You learn about subjects that enable you to deal with this modern world.

It takes you to other cultures,perspectives,views and makes you competitive in this ever-changing world we live in.

No longer can parents expect to keep them on the farm and do as they did.
    The world becoming smaller each day.

11. profile image52
    famouslibraposted 15 years ago

Hi,
    I agree with angelamp, who has covered almost all aspects of the thread.

12. Julaha profile image60
    Julahaposted 15 years ago

Education is a life-long process. Gandhiji, who was a great educationist, laid great stress on the usefulness of education. He was of the opinion that children should be taught crafts like carpentry, tailoring, masonry, iron smithy, weaving, etc., with which they can earn a living.

The drawback of modern education is that it is fully geared to the needs of industries, and is not concerned at all about the well-being of individuals or society.

In India for example, children who have just learned to walk and talk are pushed into kintergartens and nurseries and forcibly taught English, when they should be learning their mother tongues. This is because Indian industries are globalising and they need English-speaking coolies as their staff.

This flouts every principle of good education, but yet there is wide-spread support from industries for such English education, with many industry barons either opening English schools themselves or funding such schools. Few industrialists however spend money in setting up Hindi schools or schools in other Indian languages.

So education gained through attending schools and colleges is not necessarily the best education or even the right education.

We must not forget that modern-day schools have been set up with the sole purpose of providing cannon-fodder to industries.

Today we are no longer living in a predominantly industrial world, but are living in a knowledge-based world, and this fundamentally changes the purpose of education.

Values like discipline, timliness and submission to authority, that we so necessary in a factory worker, are not that important to the self-employed, the freelancer or the compay staffer working from home, who form an increasing majority in all modern societies.

Also the selection of what is to be taught in schools is decided by the industries, who are the main employers of the output of schools and colleges. Their opinion of what should be taught in schools and colleges is not necessarily what is good for humanity.

Again, taking the case of India, the education system is geared to making an engineer or a doctor or an MBA of every student. The pressure on students is so much that many commit suicide, unable to cope up.

Should schools and colleges be so single-minded in their pursuit of sciences like engineering and bilology to the exclusion of everything else? Should shcools in India be teaching in English and putting their students to great emotional stress?

So there are serious flaws in the school and college based education system and if someone opts out of it and decides to go it alone, there is nothing wrong with it.

Education cannot be equated with schooling or attending colleges. It is a much more noble notion that is integral to the overall development of an individual.

13. k8th profile image40
    k8thposted 14 years ago

For me, we need education to make us self better living life in the future. Without education, you might can't get a better job.

14. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

We need education to be trained to obey orders, so we learn to pay exorbitant taxes in full and in time, and when time comes we can die for our governments without reservations...

15. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Proper education should teach you how to think for yourself...

16. LRobbins profile image46
    LRobbinsposted 14 years ago

Education = Empowerment

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)