My Hubscore Stinks! Pee-Ew!

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (41 posts)
  1. neilcook profile image68
    neilcookposted 10 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8151651.jpg
    I just joined, so maybe that's why, but man, it feels unfair. My names Neil by the way. So, I joined the other day and I have worked really hard so far. I have posted 5 Hubpages. 4 of the 5 are featured! Go me! The fifth is still pending, but I'm expecting to get a feature, because I put a lot of work into that one. So I guess this is me ranting and also asking the community here what I can do? My hubscore is 6. A little lonely 6. Only 6 away from utter failure. You guys have got to help me. Where are the Pro Hubbers?

The picture is me crying by the way in case you didn't get it. I know, my drawing skills are great!

1. Cantuhearmescream profile image75
      Cantuhearmescreamposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You're the hundredth person this month to cry about the same thing big_smile ... like paradigmsearch said, it'll go up. Then, months from now... you'll be crying the same thing again.... trust me, I always do tongue

2. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You've been with the site for 39 hours.  Nothing abnormal is happening with your account.

3. Woodmckinney profile image68
      Woodmckinneyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Don't worry too much about your Hub score right now, if you are patient, hop some hubs, and write great articles, you'll be on your way!

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Come to think of it, I haven't done the hub hopping thing for awhile. I'm tired at being stuck at 93, I'll go do a couple and see what happens...

1. Woodmckinney profile image68
          Woodmckinneyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Keep me posted on that one, I dropped about 4 points last week, doing the same

4. stanmurphy profile image61
      stanmurphyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You are doing the right things. Hop some hubs, chime in on forums and read what others are doing. Quality work will win out everytime. Don't give up! It's a marathon, not a sprint!

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago

Hi, Neil.

It will begin to creep up slowly. Guaranteed. smile

3. neilcook profile image68

Thanks for the vote of confidence, it's what I need right now. I sure do hope you're right!

4. agilitymach profile image93
    agilitymachposted 10 years ago

They start everyone with a low hub score these days.  Your hubs are being featured, so that score will rise and rise and rise.

Congrats on your first hubs!!  I read one, really liked it and learned something new. big_smile  You had me engaged, which is proof you're on your way.

neilcookposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much! After reading all the nice comments on my hubs from experienced users such as yourself, I'm feeling great! And I can't believe I managed to teach YOU something! But hey, I accept the compliment and you can be guaranteed there is a big smile on my face right now  big_smile

5. neilcook profile image68

@Cantuhearmescream   LOL. I'm sorry haha, you must hear stuff like this a lot. I guess I'm just a little overzealous and impatient. Thanks so much for the vote of confidence!

Oh.. no need to apologize. I am becoming infamous for my hub fretting! Hub scores, hubber scores... etc. You're not overzealous... everyone wonders what they're doing wrong; the simple answer is, Nothing!

Thanks for that, it's nice to not think I'm messing this all up already haha!

Eeek! You're zero! Hey... there's only one way to go from here... and that's UP! big_smile

6. LongTimeMother profile image91
    LongTimeMotherposted 10 years ago

Poor Neil. Your hubber score has dropped again. That must hurt!

Your hub scores are the ones on the 'statistics' page when you click on 'my account'. You'll see them rising as you get traffic. The one on your picture is your hubber score - and that will go all over the place before it finally settles at a 'reasonable' number.

Every time you publish a hub, for some reason the hubber score will drop.  People who get to a hubber score of 100 have to kiss that lovely 3 digit number goodbye as soon as they publish their next hub. lol.

Cantuhearmescream is your soul sister! But she survived the initial blows and look at her hubber score now. Very impressive. smile

Hang in there. You're on your way!!

Thanks for that explanation! It cleared up a lot of the questions I had. And actually, I did kind of feel like every time I posted something it was hurting, not helping, my score so now that I know I feel better. And yeah cantuhearmescream and I are real pals now! She's gonna help me through this haha

You bet I will big_smile

2. Cantuhearmescream profile image75

LongTimeMother... you're a superstar! Thank you!!! (I'm doing cartwheels when I'm up to 97... but when I'm down to 93 I'm thinking;

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/8154062_f248.jpg

7. prokidwriter profile image95
    prokidwriterposted 10 years ago

Oh Neil, you slay me! And your artwork is divine. I predict that you will utlimately be a high-score Hubber. It's only a matter of time. Keep up the good work, keep drawing, and keep your chin up!

8. neilcook profile image68

Thanks a ton guys. I'm loving the support and I guess I just can't wait for the day when I too can call myself a "high-score Hubber" as @prokidwriter put so nicely. And @Cantuhearmescream, you're great!

1. robie2 profile image78
      robie2posted 10 years agoin reply to this

You'll be a high score hubber before you know it-- a llittle tincture of time and all will be well. Welcome to Hubpages. It's a great community and you are gonna be a great addition to it, I know.

9. Cardia profile image75
    Cardiaposted 10 years ago

Hey Neil,
    When I first joined, my score refused to get high. It was frustrating! but I promise you, the score will rise shortly.
    But just keep being active on the site - post hubs, write in forums and answers, leave comments, etc.

I don't even fully know how the algorithms or whatever work to give scores. Sometimes I am inactive for a few weeks and it stays the same, or when I do a lot of activity, it goes down a bit. Just one of those funny things, haha.

Just keep at it, and welcome to Hubpages! smile

Thank you Cardia! It means a lot to know that other people had the same troubles I am having now. And I think you may be right, because my Hubscore has risen to a majestic three LOL, but joking aside I am glad and thankful for the support.  big_smile

10. profile image0
    WhiteMuseposted 10 years ago

I don't remember if I was down to a six when I first started. It would be whatever it should be. The info is there in the help and learning center somewhere.

I just noticed your profile pic. Not that it isn't ok but you were asking. It might have something to do with it. Sometimes they do count the avatar pic and all. It has marks on it and someone might not think it looks right. Anything that might seem to be something that shouldn't be there I think might get marked down.

Good idea WhiteMuse. I went ahead and changed it to something more "professional" looking lol. I don't know, maybe it will help, but I thank you for your awesome advice and support.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I see that your score has started to rise from its low of zero. Excitement mounts... big_smile

1. zeusspeak profile image66
          zeusspeakposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The hub score is made up of several factors, just make sure you are posting good quality content and regularly interacting with fellow hubbers, as I was also facing the same problem, just do not worry and focus on the basics! Good luck!

@paradigmsearch Lol. When you're at the bottom, you've got no where else to go except UP! Excited indeed.

@zeusspeak Thank you! I want to be a good member of this community and I'm already feeling welcomed by people like you!

11. jemuelO profile image89
    jemuelOposted 10 years ago

Hi Neil! I had the same problem when I joined HubPages a month ago. I started with a low hubber score, maybe less than 30 and it went up as days go by. Now, I am stuck with 75 and it's fluctuating. Just like you, I am really bothered with my hubscore (I even asked it in a forum before). I still don't know the metrics for Hubscore and Hubber score. Most of the good hubbers here say that I should be more active in the forums and write quality hubs. Well, I read some of your hubs, they're all good! Your Hubber score will increase in few days (your Hubscore is now 14 as I see it now, congratulations).

Hey jemuel, do not worry about the hub scores. They fluctuate quite violently and much depends on the quality of the content, your participation in the hub community and more importantly your hubs, just keep uploading your profile with quality hubs, participate more in hub communirty and do not worry!

2. neilcook profile image68

Thank you jemuelO! It makes me feel better every time I see another hubber who had my same problem, but overcame it. I will keep dreaming of a 75 haha.

12. jemuelO profile image89
    jemuelOposted 10 years ago

Thank you zeusspeak. Actually, I have moved on from this and accepted it already that hubber scores continue to fluctuate without knowing the reasons behind it. Well anyway, I am not as worried as before (Neil should never worry about it too). I just can't help to think about it cause I am already on the boarder line (I now have a hubscore of 75). I read some forums about hubberscores before, experienced hubbers say that it is advisable to have a hubscore of 75 or higher so that your links will be dofollow.

13. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

I wrote a hub called "Superego". It's got a poll at the end about the hubber score, every one go read that hub and vote on the poll. lol

Shameless self promotion I see lol. But at least it sounds partially relevant...  wink

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

So would it be noticeable if I just posted the link directly to my paypal account?

Oh lord lol. I'm laughing for realz. Thanks for the giggles.

14. dontaytte profile image74
    dontaytteposted 10 years ago

Just keep at it. My scores go up and down, but I just keep at it. The more hubs you write the better you will get at it.

15. Claire Roach profile image48
    Claire Roachposted 10 years ago

Mine went down to 0 in the first week, then has shot up to 85 the following week.  Think it happens to most people smile

That's quite amazing Claire, ya hubscores fluctuate, there are plenty of reasons behind it, most important being content, engagement, traffic and social participation.

16. neilcook profile image68

Thanks a lot guys! I feel so happy because with everyone's support and a little bit of dedication I feel like my hubscore has grown into something quite respectable!

I love the community here and I really appreciate all the kind words, tips, and advice I have been receiving.    big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)